- Over 4.5 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Automation, Manual testing.
- Mapped the Test cases to the requirements using Requirement coverage tab in Quality Center.
- Worked closely with Developer and DBA in identifying the test environments for test execution.
- Extensive experience in Client/server & Web Based Application testing.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodology.
- Expertise in QA Testing Methodologies, Software Validation & Verification.
- Proficient in developing and executing high quality Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts from Requirements documents, Functional specification, Detail Design Documents, and wireframes.
- Experienced coordinating and working with offshore and onsite team (QA, Dev, PM, BA, SME) knowledge of working in E - Commerce, Banking, Investment domain
- Solid understanding of quality assurance and software development methodology tools, techniques, best practices and has excellent problem solving skills in regards to web based application environments.
- Experienced in open source Automation tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, Cucumber.
- Solid knowledge in project building tool Maven, ANT, working experience in version control tool GIT.
- Experienced in continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Developed framework using Junit, TestNG, Page Object Model, Page Factory.
- Skilled in performing load, stress and performance testing using Apache Jmeter.
- Skilled in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Documenting Test Results and logging/tracking defects.
- Experienced using HP Application Life Cycle Management(ALM) and JIRA for global test management, bug tracking and reporting.
- Expertise in working with Web API testing using SOAP UI.
- Extensive experience in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Manual & Automation.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experienced on writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures to extract data from various source tables to perform database testing.
- Solid experience in Manual Testing - Functional Testing, Database Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Regression Testing, Smoke / Sanity Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Positive and Negative Testing in Agile development projects and V-Model.
- Actively participating on weekly meetings, conferences and walk-through to understand the business and testing requirements and to plan the testing process on a regular basis.
Languages: Java, C, C++
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Platform: Windows, Linux, Mac
Confidential, Sunny Vale, CA
Sr. Automation Test Engineer- Selenium
- Worked on Page Object Framework using Web Driver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java in Mac platform to cut down regression testing time.
- Modify Updating of Automation scripts and execution of multiple browsers.
- Scripting the test cases for regression using Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Created test scripts in Selenium and enhanced those scripts using Java API and Test NG.
- Interact with end users to obtain specific system requirements and develop Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios.
- Trained other developers regarding usage of Selenium framework.
- Designed & Implemented Page Object Framework) using Selenium WebDriver
- Used Selenium Grid to execute parallel tests on multiple browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox & Safari
- Executed manual scripts and participated in UAT activities.
- Manage defect process, analysis, and assignment and report and verify all bugs
- Performed cross Browser compatibility testing on different Operating Systems using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking purpose.
- Worked closely with developers to verify functionality of the application.
- Attended daily project scrum meetings and weekly team status meetings.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, Test NG, JIRA, Eclipse, IE, Firefox, Agile Methodology, Selenium.
Confidential, Issaquah, WA
SDET - Selenium, Database testing
- Analyzing various tools for test management, test automation and performance testing and provide best possible solution based on customer requirements.
- Working with Java to use Selenium-WebDriver API library to write automation scripting.
- Used Eclipse to debug Java code and utilize Maven as project builder with internal Maven Dependency repository.
- Used Oracle for database testing and run SQL statement from Eclipse
- Locating elements using- XPath, CSS, Class, Name, Screen Coordinates (x, y).
- Created Page Factory Model framework.
- Used Selenium Grid, Desired Capabilities, Remote Web Driver for distributing the execution in different machines, platforms and browsers.
- Web Service testing using SoapUI, scripting with Groovy. Restful service automation with Rest Assured tools.
- Used Maven to configure the dependencies and to run framework.
- Used SVN as repository and version control.
- Working experience with JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Build tools Jenkins, Maven.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration, to compile build and set up run schedule.
- Performed Web Service testing using SoapUI. Used WSDL file and performed data validation sending the request. Used Groovy programming for Web Service testing.
- Performed Performance, Load and Stress testing using apache Jmeter. Identified candidates based on mission critical, heavy throughput, dynamic contents and developed the baseline for testing.
- Create user using thread and increase the number of threads to create load.
- Performed database connection using jdbc driver, DriverManager.getConnection and retrieved data from database using Statement interface, createStatement, Prepared Statement, executeQuery.
Environment: XML, DB2, Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM, Jenkin, Java, Eclipse, Junit, HTML5, CSS, Apache Http Server, Oracle, SVN, Selenium Grid, Selenium WebDriver
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Manual/ Automation Engineer
- Involved with Business Analyst and users for requirements gathering
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Developed and executed various Manual testing scenarios and neatly documented the process to perform Functional and Integration testing of the primary application in use.
- Involved in Functional Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing backend testing, and Stability Testing and also assisted in UAT.
- Actively participate on weekly meetings, conferences and walkthrough to understand the business and testing requirements and to plan the testing process on a regular basis.
- Used SQL queries for backend testing purpose.
- Creating basic level automated test cases using Selenium and Pure Test.
- Execute regression automation script in different environment like staging using RC.
- Maintain regression test scripts.
- Using SQL queries to retrieve data from tables and to perform back-end testing.
- Did back end testing by creating transactions and validating in the back end.
- Used UNIX servers for collecting logs.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, SQL, HTML, Windows XP, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, Selenium RC.
- Worked in an agile development process based on Scrum.
- Involved in SDLC of application developed using AGILE methodology
- Worked on Self Service registration process for user registration from different products.
- Involved in implementation of persistence layer using Hibernate and prepared Value Objects.
- Developed JSP pages using tag libraries.
- Implemented Different Design patterns like singleton, factory and J2EE design patterns like Business delegate, session façade and DAO design patterns.
- Used Model View Controller pattern, JSP as the presentation layer, Struts as the controller.
- Used Spring for transaction management and for dependency injection.
- Integrating Spring injections for DAOs to achieve Inversion of Control, updating Spring Configurations for managing Java objects using callbacks.
- Creating test environments with IBM WebSphere Application server for local testing using test profile. And interacting with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) end to report and fix defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Designed and Developed Java Objects based on Java Patterns and UML Specifications.
- Prepared Hibernate mapping files and prepared POJOs.
- Experience in writing logs using Log4j.
- Performing debugging, testing and review of the programs.