Passionate QA Automation Engineer with five years plus experience in all phases of Automation life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting. Adept at using both manual and automated testing tools to troubleshoot systems, integration, user acceptance, positive and negative, functionality, object, and regression.
- Developed and maintained Data Driven Framework automation framework using selenium Page Object Model concept.
- Possess excellent skills in manual and automation testing skills using Selenium and Object Oriented Programming Language “Java”.
- Expertise in programming with clear understanding of OOPS concept as Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, etc.
- In depth understanding and implementation experience on TestNG framework.
- Expertise on finding unique elements using custom Xpath along with other locator techniques and in creating reusable methods that were utilized throughout projects.
- Expertise in using Maven build management tool, continuous integration tool Jenkins and GitHub source code management tool.
- Worked with Selenium Grid for parallel testing on multi browser and OS combination.
- Knowledge in Web Services Testing using REST.
- Used Allure Report to display detailed test execution reports with pie chart along with screenshots of corresponding failed test cases.
- Ex pe r i en ced w ork i ng i n A gil e Scrum Framework. In depth - knowledge on Iterative and Incremental Development, Product backlog, sprint, Iteration planning, Release planning, Delivery process, Velocity of sprint, Story Cards, Poker Planning, Burn down Chart.
- As a member of Agile development team, participated in different meetings like Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Iteration Review and Retrospective meeting.
- Excellent skills on written and verbal communication with the client, project manager and developers.
- Organized, attention to detail, self-motivation, personable, multi-focused and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills.
Technologies: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Jenkins, JIRA, TestNG, UNIX, HTML, Agile methodology, Manual Testing, Maven, REST API, SQL, XML, Eclipse IDE, GitHub.
Selenium Automation Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for Regression Testing, Functional testing for web based application.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Involved in defining test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and JAVA.
- Performed Regression Testing for every modification made in the application and new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Functionality, User Interface and Regression testing during the various phases of development using Selenium/TestNG.
- Assisted on developing and maintaining robust and effective Page Object Model Framework. Developed page library as part of modular framework implementation in automation.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Performed behavior driven testing of test features using Cucumber Framework.
- Generated and Reviewed test results using Allure Test Report.
- Implemented GitHub for source control.
- Performed automated regression testing to check the new functionality, bug fixes, and fix packs. Tracked the bugs accordingly using JIRA.
- Worked in highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum, sprint and daily meetings. Preparation of Daily and Weekly status reports.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Jenkins, JIRA, Agile methodology, Manual Testing, Maven, REST API, Eclipse, HTML, SQL, Windows2008.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Responsible for analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications to design tests and create test scenarios.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression testing.
- Reported and tracked defects found during the execution of manual test cases and automated test run in Selenium.
- Develop, document and maintain test artifacts like test data, data validation and automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, primary language used for automation was JAVA.
- Assisted on developing and maintaining robust and effective Page Object Model Framework.
- Implemented Selenium Grid for parallel testing on multi browser and OS combination
- Executed full test on every regression build and provided detailed report to the upper management.
- Modified test scripts to handle all checked and unchecked exceptions which helped run test smoothly.
- Used Maven as primary build management tool. Generated bug reports using JIRA.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries.
- Identified weaknesses in QA Processes and suggested & implemented improvements.
- Created progress reports to ensure appropriate test coverage and results..
Environment: Selenium, Java, Maven, MS SQL, Windows 7/8.1,, HTML, XML, CSS, MS Excel, GitHub, Jenkins, TestNG, REST.
Confidential, Issaquah, WA
- Developed testing strategies and plans for the project. Interacted with Developer team and Product Owner continuously to ensure quality requirements and final products. Participated Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Iteration Review and Retrospective meeting.
- Prepared test cases with all types of positive and negative scenarios. Applied test techniques like EVP, BVA and Decisional Coverage to write and executed test cases. Created organized traceability matrix to ensure test coverage and defect fixation status.
- Conduced end to end testing, UI validation, functional testing, cross browser testing and logged the defects in ALM.
- Conducted manual testing on inventory and order tables in IBM Order Management System to validate the appropriate behavior of Product add to bag, Quantity selection, valid messages and order generation issues on application front end.
- Prepared UAT test cases with test data, conducted UAT session with business users, collected feedback from the users and incorporated that feedback in the test plan according to the decision.
- Conducted data validation test to check the warehouse inventory for online stores, to ensure the correct behavior on price change and to validate front end effects for backend data changes.
- Experienced in preparing/writing and executing test cases, creating traceability matrix as well as defining required test data.
- Worked with automation team to help them run Selenium test suites as part of regression testing.
Environment: Windows, JIRA, SQL, ALM, IBM Order Management System, Manual Testing. TestRail.