- Obtaining a quality environment where my knowledge and experience can be shared and enriched.
- Challenging and contributing career opportunity in the area of Data warehousing and Database Applications.
- Willing to work in any phase of Software Development Life
- 10 years of experience in IT Industry involved in Analysis, Design, Development, Integration, Maintenance, Design Document, Reports and Testing.
- Extensive experience supporting complex database/data warehouse systems and/or Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Experience in troubleshooting and handling production support duties on a 24x7 basis.
- Experienced with ETL tools and applications such as Abinitio, Datastage, SAP Data Integrator, Informatica 9.x.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and be highly motivated.
- Enthusiastic, Honest and Hardworking
- Accomplished for sustained effort and hard work in successful completion of many key projects within the organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Operating System: Windows 98/NT/2000/2000 Server/XP, UNIX, Linux.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012, MS Access, Oracle 9.i/10gApplication Tools: Abinitio, Crystal Reports, Datastage, SAP Webi 4.2, SAP Data Integrator 4.1, SAS Management console, Informatica Powercenter 9.X
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
- Develop ETL processes using SAP Data Integrator tool.
- Design & develop reusable logical data/work flows in the ETL process
- Develop and document thorough test plan with comprehensive set of test cases and expected results
- Perform unit, system, integration and regression tests. Document test results and make recommendations
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
- Worked on the Performance tuning of the programs, ETL Procedures and processes
- Worked on many Report enhancement and universe creation projects in WEBI feeding data using ETL and was responsible for designing and developing WEBI reports for quick analysis.
- Communicate schedule variances and potential scope changes to users using tools and reports.
- Create database objects, normalize tables as needed. Worked on creating Database maintenance plans to improve performance.
- Worked on entire life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to production rollout and responsible for supporting all critical applications.
- Worked on co - ordinating with offshore on development / maintenance projects and leading a team of offshore developers
- Worked on migrating database objects from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2012.
- Responsible for managing database security through Security utility in SQL Server Enterprise Manager, using Login(user) and Server Roles.
- Designed logical database in SQL Server by defining entities, attributes, relationships and integrity checks. Build physical databases and create tables and relationships to implement the logical model.
- Worked on migrating SAP DI ETL jobs from version 3.2 to version 4.1 by coordinating and leading offshore team.
- Manages repository access and creates rights and roles for user in SAP DI 4.1
- Manages SAS Metadata, and Configuration, installation and administration of SAS environments.
- Manages and troubleshoot issues user complaints for various SAS modules ABM, EG, PM, FM, etc.
- Supports and implement jobs in Informatica PowerCenter 9.x environment.
Environment: SQL server 2012, SAP Data Integrator 4.1, SAP Web Intelligence 4.1, Informatica PowerCenter 9.x
Abinitio datawarehouse LeadResponsibilities:
- Involved in Ab Initio Design, Configuration experience in Ab Initio ETL, Data Mapping, Transformation and Loading in complex and high-volume environment and data processing at Terabytes level.
- Responsible for designing solutions using AbInitio, with advanced skills in high performance and parallelism in AbInitio
- Taking ownership of designing solutions.
- Experience in co-ordinating with offshore on development / maintenance projects and leading a team of ETL developers
Environment: Abinitio 1.13, UNIX, Oracle 8i/10g
Sr Datawarehouse developerResponsibilities:
- Design, Implement and test ETL code using Ab Initio, data stage.
- Develop, maintain and support driver scripts in Unix for the ETL processes.
- Work closely with data architects and business analysts to understand system and business requirements
- Analyze business requirements as well as develop and execute test cases for ETL.
- Develop alternatives and recommendations for proposed solutions for complex business problems to enhance our BI/DW solution using both front end and backend tools like Business Objects and Abinitio.
- Provide maintenance and 2nd-tier production support for a large data warehouse and business intelligence environment
- Develop, troubleshoot and fine tune various ETL jobs.
- Wrote complex SQL s validate target data based on the business requirements
- Communicate with users via face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written correspondence on a periodic basis in order to clarify issues and obtain user acceptance.
- Lead and coordinate ETL design/development effort across on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Created various high level and low level design documents for any data extract request or project request with appropriate test cases and fallback plan.
- Worked on overall project development life cycle, and participates in all phases of the project.
- Worked closely with DBA’s and Systems Engineer on Oracle database upgrade from 8i to 10g environment testing both backend and front end environment for huge data warehouse.
Environment: Abinitio 1.14, Data stage 8i, UNIX, Oracle 8i/10g, Business Objects, Toad.
Confidential, Bolingbrook, IL
- Creates reports for finance/operations using reporting tool from various software vendors such as Cybershift/Ceridian
- Meets with users to define and understand reporting needs. Develops functional requirements and technical specifications
- Maintains data integrity by running queries and analyzing data.
- Supports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs for division
- Reviews, tests and implements software upgrades and changes to enhance existing database applications consistent with division standards.
- Troubleshoots report issues.
- Performs other related duties as required
Environment: Ceridian Reporting tool, Inetsoft Reporting tool, Valiant payroll system, crystal reporting tool, sql server.