- Over 8 years of Experience as a QA Test Engineer using Manual & Automation Testing of web and Mobile application, client/server with specializing in software Assurance Testing and QA Automation Engineer.
- Excellent analytical, interpretative and logic building skills.
- Strong team player with ability to work productively in a team as well as individually.
- Worked in multiple domains like Finance, Health Care, Insurance and Telecom Domains
- Performed automated testing using Selenium IDE and Web driver.
- Identified any potential issues, validate them and reproduce the steps.
- Comprehensive understanding of tool like Eclipse IDE.
- Hands on Experience on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP and QTP, Appium to develop Automation testing scripts for web, Mobile and client server applications.
- Work on Appium for App testing (Android/ i - phone). Developed Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps using Java .
- Identifying objects of App using UI Automation tool for Android and Appium Inspector for I Phone.
- Experience in Full life cycle system development involving analysis, design development, testing, documentation, implementation maintenance of application software.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile, and Waterfall etc.
- Possess Agile training and experience with environments moving from Waterfall to Agile Methodology
- Developed and executed Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test scripts for various applications.
- Extensively worked with all phases of testing deliverables including creation of Test Strategy, Test plans, RTM, Test case specifications, Test execution, Defect tracking, Resolution, Documenting and Reporting.
- Responsible for Daily status calls and weekly status report to the management.
- Keep track of the new requirements / change in requirements of the Project via Change Management.
- Developed Cucumber framework using Selenium web driver.
- Working knowledge on HP Unified Functional Testing in delivering the Bug reports.
- Good knowledge to create, execute and analyze automated test scenarios.
- Designed, developed and maintained Automated test scripts using UFT 12.53, descriptive programming, VB.
- Expertise in tracking and preparing reports on testing activities such as Testing Results, Test Case Coverage, Defects Status, Performance Baselines etc.
- Expertise in collaborating with functional/cross functional test teams conducting Test Readiness Assessments.
- Experienced in automation tools such as HP/Mercury Quality Center, QTP .
- Participated in QA Team meetings and bug tracking meetings.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Quick Test Pro 8.0/9.2, HP Quality Center 8.0, 9.2,TestNG Test Director 7.2/7.5/7.6, WinRunner 8.0, Rational tools.
Defect Management Tools: Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally, Project Issues
Defect Tracking Tools: Test Director 8.0, Quality Center 9.0, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rational Clear quest.
Testing Methodologies: Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, System and User Acceptance Testing.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/2003/ XP/Vista/7, MAC OS X, UNIX.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g/9i, MySQL.
Programming Languages: C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, VB script.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, VB Script, OOP, Java Script.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, V-Model, Agile.
ERP APPLICATIONS: Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Inventory, Oracle Order Management, System Administration
Office Communication: MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint 2000
Confidential, Spokane, WA
Selenium Tester / Web Services
- Creating Automation Framework for Testing E2E product having using C#.
- UI automation frameworks using selenium and c # with BDD.
- Implemented test framework using MS test.
- Developing automation frameworks for different layers i.e., application layers, business layers, network layers.
- Implementing new features for the lighting software application which can be able to configure LED drivers.
- Designing and executing the automation scripts using Selenium-WebDriver.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Extensive experience in Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC and Selenium Grid.
- Created and executed Selenium test script suites using Selenium Web Driver.
- Designed and developed Automation Framework (Hybrid, Keyword-driven) using Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Automated mobile applications using Appium.
- Developing Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps using Java.
- Performed Functional testing for Web based applications through Mobile Devices, System Test, Regression testing and End-to-End Testing, Smoke testing & Production testing
- A utomated test data creation using SELINIUM WEBDRIVER and RUBY-Watir.
- Extensively involved in running automated Ruby scripts on a Linux machine .
- Experienced in using Automation Framework using Calabash Cucumber tool and developed Feature files which includes Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using Selenium/Appium Web Driver, JAVA, Junit, Jenkins, ANT and Eclipse.
- Developed automated regression tests using Cucumber/Ruby/Appium.
- Facilitated Continuous Integration for scenarios tagged as Sanity & Regression and Continuous Delivery (CICD) including GitHub, Jenkins.
- Configuring Jenkins set up, defining, scheduling jobs, invoking external scripts and external executables from Jenkins at defined intervals and periods.
- Applications, Web Services and Mobile Apps in different domains using various tools like Selenium, QTP, SOAP UI, Appium, J Meter, JIRA, etc.
- Implementing End to End automation tests by consuming the APIs of different layers.
- Reviewed requirement document, prepared test Plan and test strategy.
- Implemented function, integration, smoke and regression testing and reported the bug
- Interacted with the offshore team and provided necessary guidance in order to implement testing.
- Followed Agile Scrum methodology software development framework
- Prepared test cases for the UAT and coordinated UAT.
- Performed WCF, web service testing in the Soap UI.
- Developed many automation utilities for the both offshore and onsite cross teams to make the things move faster.
- Developed customized test reports using c# which has more execution details which can be shared among the team.
- Writing Manual test cases( Functional testing) as well for the User stories.
Environment: Java, SOUP UI, Jenkins, Cucumber, Ruby, Agile/scrum, Protractor, Appium, Putty, XPath, SOAP & RESTFUL, Linux, Selenium Web Driver 2.0, Eclipse, Java script, Test NG,, Web Services, Maven, JIRA.Confidential, Chicago IL
Sr. selenium/Mobile Tester
- Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit, and Maven.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, Test NG and Maven and Java.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing.
- Worked with Application Activity Lifecycle callbacks for providing the security and showing the login screen when the app goes to background.
- Write an Android service to download and upload content from back end web server via REST API.
- Worked with Android components such as activities, intents, services, and custom UI components such as Text View, List View, customized List View, layouts, Tab Layouts, Web view, gestures events and menus. Analyze Mobile application code for reengineering.
- Worked on testing the application using JUNIT testing framework.
- Responsible for testing the application in stage, code review fixing the bugs and providing post-production support.
- Played a key role in writing application logic using Eclipse IDE using MVC design Pattern and Android SDK.
- Used Android JUnit extension to prepare test cases and worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS and tested the application on device.
- Uses python to develop Automation framework to Validate RESTful Web Services.
- By using the Appium, java developed the automation script for the mobile applications.
- Used Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing Junit test suites and test cases for testing functionality.
- Worked on Integration of Selenium RC/WebDriver with existing API to test Framework.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Ids and XPath in Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Wrote test automation scripts i n Selenium Web Driver using Java, JUnit and Test NG.
- Communicated with the product team for clarifying requirements and business rules.
- Experienced in using XPath Selenium IDE, fire path .
- Used Eclipse IDE for compiling the Java code and automated the test results.
- Involved with Automation Tool Kit Team, for various integrations.
- Wrote Automation test cases and executed.
- Conducted Integration, System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Smoke, Database Integrity, User-Acceptance (UAT) and Performance testing.
- Used Appium tool to tested automation test scripts.
- Experience in Automation tools like Selenium QTP (Quick Test Professional), load and performance testing tool J Meter and Mobile Automation testing tool Appium.
- Responsible in Developing Web Applications on Selenium WebDriver, TestNG Framework and Appium Automation Framework for mobile application
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS using Appium Tool.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Implemented Appium Scripts to test iOS and Android platforms.
- Involved in automation scripts for mobile native applications using Appium, Java and Selenium .
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing ( Java client and Soap UI ).
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in Soap UI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java client and Soap UI ).
- Experience with Cucumber feature file
- Used Eclipse by configuring the cucumber feature files.
- Performed browser validations across operating systems by verifying the visual presentations, alignment, design and accuracy of links.
- Performed change defects verification of data in QA environment, before the Production implementation.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Python, ALM,Maven, Appium (Android), Fitnesse, Test NG, Quality Center, Fire path, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, Android, SQL Server, J Meter, Protractor.Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. QTP Engineer/ SOA Tester
- Project is developed using waterfall methodology.
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- Experience in backup and recovery of Oracle SOA suite.
- Involved in designing SOA interface with BPEL and OSB for different applications.
- Integrated with 11g OID and built High Availability environments.
- Configured coherence on SOA clusters.
- Performed Manual Functional testing with QC and Regression Testing with QTP.
- Performed Functionality Testing and Integration testing using HP Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Knowledge in Hadoop / Big Data Testing using Hive and Python Scripts.
- Responsible for setting and execution of service oriented application systems by following standard testing methodologies.
- Perform responsibilities of developing test scripts by using SOA test tools.
- Handle the tasks of managing test data, developing test scenarios and logging test results.
- Responsible for estimating required resource and components for SOA testing.
- Assigned responsibilities of supporting Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) tier.
- Responsible for testing and implementing service oriented architecture components.
- REST Web Service testing using Http Client Java library.
- Run the Automated Regression suite and analyzed results and file bugs.
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Developed and Executed Automation and Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Responsible in executing Selenium RC test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Executed and scheduled the automation test scripts from Quality Center.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the application.
- Prepared the Test Results document which summarizes testing activities and results.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing by inputting valid and invalid data.
- Involved in writing the Backend scripts.
Environment: C#, ASP.NET, Oracle, Quality Center, TOAD, VB Script, MS Office Script, Oracle, and WindowsConfidential, Evansville, IN
Automation Tester/ Manual Testing
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Id, Name, Links, XPath and CSS to work with dynamic and static elements in application.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Developed new Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Test NG .
- Developed and Executed Test NG Test Cases using Eclipse IDE .
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Performed Backend testing to verify the data integrity by passing SQL Queries.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Attended the daily Bug review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
- Experience in automated builds using TFS team build.
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit, Ant and Jenkins .
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and J Unit.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web Driver with JUnit .
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium Web Driver .
- Involved in Payments API's using Soap UI and Java framework for Web Services testing .
- Responsible for Integration and System Test case execution .
- Implemented properties files to read configurations and XPath of elements in the application for better readability of the code.
- Had regular meetings with Developers to report various problems.
- Detecting Defects, communicating to Business Leads and Using Priority based, Business critical bases and enhancement based strategies to conduct Functional testing .
- Perform database verifications using SQL queries to validate test data .
- Reported various defects in user-friendly format using Quality Center as a test management tool and defect-tracking tool.
- Performed all aspects of verification including Smoke testing, Functional testing and Regression testing on major functionalities of the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE, Firebug, SQL, IOS, Mobile Testing, Jira, Jenkins, Microsoft Test Manager, JMeter, SOAP UI, TFS, MIM, XML.Confidential
Manual Tester/ Performance Tester
- Experience in leading a Manual Testing assignment and successfully tracked progress of Manual testing effort.
- Well versed with ALM/Quality Center to track progress of Manual Testing Projects.
- Experience includes the testing of Client/Server, ETL, SOA and Web applications using Manual and Good experience in creating, modifying and enhancing both manual Test Scripts and Test Scripts created.
- Involved in all the phases of Manual Testing process and worked closely with Business stakeholders.
- Disability customers who are qualified under Social security plan for the payment of benefits as a result or injury conducted Regression testing, smoke testing, cross browser testing through manual testing.
- Used Quality Centre for preparing the Test Plans and manual Test scripts.
- Perform functional, exploratory and manual tests.
- Implemented and developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test and Test Reports, Defect Reports for Manual tests.
- Experienced in formulating Test plans, designing manual Test Cases to support Quality-oriented deliverables.
- As a Functional Tester performed end to end testing of the application.
- Identify test cases that need to be automated by reviewing existing manual test cases.
- End-to-end testing with Test Planning, Manual Testing, Regression Testing and Defect reporting.
- Preparation of test cases.
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installation, configuration, monitoring and Performance tuning.
- Automation test script creation with J Meter.
- Implementation of a fully automated load testing framework with J Meter and various J Meter maven plugins.
- Worked with clients, project teams, development teams and business analysts on a daily basis to understand business needs and relate them in terms of Performance Tester.
- Developed J Meter scripts to performance test web application and API endpoints
Environment: VB.NET, ADO.NET, Web Service, VS.NET, SOAP UI, SQL Server, Jmeter,Quality Centre.Confidential
- Involved on testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Good experience in Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Involved in Release support - Release to QA, involved in environment setup, testing the release process.
- Ensure that all the test cases are updated in the Test Director along with Master test plan.
- After successful release of projects, developed automation scripts using selenium and integrated the script with master script.
- Tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting tight timeline.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed using Test Director.
- Designed and documented test cases derived from requirements.
- Manually verified the applications according to the requirements, Modified automation scripts as test case changes.
Environment: Test Director 8.2, Oracle9i, TOAD, SQL, Selenium RC, XML, JSP, Windows XP, UNIX and Visual Source Safe.