To obtain the position of a Test Engineer in an established organization that will offer me an opportunity to utilize my professional experience towards professional growth and development.
- Extensive knowledge of the development and implementation of hardware testing strategies.
- Experience with enterprise IT/SAN support and enterprise systems support.
- Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Flexible, with superior organizational and communication skills.
Software Test Engineer
- Develop and implement test cases using Confidential ALM.
- Responsible for testing and developing test plans to evaluate the software features that are being implemented.
- Design and executive test plans on complex server and storage setups.
- Work with developers to understand and develop test plans based upon features that are being implemented.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be corrected.
- Use Bugzilla for creating and tracking defects.
- Knowledge and experience testing server/storage appliance configurations.
- Experience in software testing in a Linux environment.
- Updating hardware using firmware updates and verification hardware.
- Experience with inducing failures into a system such as removing processors, mis - loading dims, removing hard drives and other system level configuration items.
Storage IO Test Engineer
- Installed, configured, and managed Red Hat Linux versions 5 and 6 on Confidential DL980 G7 servers.
- Worked from higher level test plan/test architecture and also perform local test planning.
- Configured server systems including fiber channel switch configuration, network switch configuration, and San setup.
- Experienced with IO on server systems and handling IO cards on high performance configurations.
- Developed and implemented test cases using Confidential ALM.
- Created and updated defects using Confidential Quix.
- Experienced with installing and configuring SR-IOV OS virtualization.
Software Test Engineer
- Designed, implemented, documented and executed test cases and scenarios for embedded RAID disk array storage controller firmware, host management software and other storage solution components.
- Experienced with Direct Attached Storage(DAS) and Fibre Channel RAID controllers. Disk drives tested include SAS, SATA, SSD SATA, and Fibre Channel drives.
- Installed and configured operating systems on Dell servers and workstations.
- Remotely accessed systems using KVM hardware.
- Experienced in testing, logging defects, and tracking issues within IBM Rational Clear Quest. Worked closely with development engineers to resolve issues.
- Knowledgeable in the software test cycle including basic stability test, pre-acceptance phase, acceptance phase, pre-regression phase, and regression phase.
- Used IO generating tools such as IO Monkey, Chaos, Smash, Diskercise, DiskIO, and TestIO.
- Experienced in creating and executing scripts using the TAS automation tool.
Technical Support Representative
- Responsible for providing remote technical support for StorageTek/Sun open systems tape, disk, and San products including StorageTek tape libraries, tape drives, Engenio disk arrays and Brocade fibre channel hardware.
Interoperability Lab Systems Engineer
- Provided technical and resource services in the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis of computer/network hardware, peripheral equipment and software.
- Set-up/teardown of SAN test configurations (including StorageTek libraries/tape, LSI disk arrays, and Brocade fibre channel switches), and technical support throughout test for internal and external customers.
- Installation of operating systems and software applications.
- Development of processes, procedures and work instructions pertaining to lab operations.
- Lab support activities including equipment receiving/shipping of all equipment/supplies, assignment of IP addresses and DNS table updating, lab organization and management of software inventory and database.
- Management of assets (hardware and software) including tracking for customer use and maintenance.
- Provided technical tours of lab operations and coordinated activities of external customers visiting headquarters.
Senior Electronic Technician
- Maintained and tested digital and analog receiving, demodulating, de-multiplexing, and recording systems.
- Installation, repair, and modification of hardware/software on personal computers, and mainframe computer systems.
- Held a Top Secret SCI security clearance until 1995.
- Disassemble, repair, and test components/subassemblies in Spacelab.
- Fabrication of cables and electrical subassemblies and performing depot level maintenance on flight equipment used in the Orbiter payloads.