To obtain a rewarding contract or permanent corporate recruiting position located in the Twin Cities, MN area that allows me to use my recruiting abilities and professionalism.
Confidential, Moorhead, MN June 2011-Present
This position is within Student Services at Minnesota State Community and Technical College, specifically working in Enrollment.
- Recruits students to attend Minnesota State Community and Technical college by attending college fairs, high schools and various events
- Advises prospective students on Minnesota State Community and Technical College’s 120 different programs and majors
- Assisted in increasing enrollment of students by 3% for Spring 2011 from Spring 2010 at M State Moorhead’s
- Supervises 5 student employees and gives performance reviews every 4 months
- Conducts campus tours to at least 10 prospective students on a weekly basis and presents to high school groups about Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Confidential., Eden Prairie, MN 2005 - 2009
One of the world\'s largest 3rd party logistics company in North America that provides multimodal transportation services.
National Recruiter 2007 – 2009
- Promoted to manage the full cycle recruiting process for exempt and non-exempt positions for 42 regional offices
within the Northeast, Canada and West Coast regions
- Responsible for filling 20-25 requisitions at any given time, with over 95 new hires a year by sourcing,
interviewing and assessing candidates while using PeopleSoft
- Implemented the Internship Program in branches by marketing at local universities and placed over 10 interns
- Developed brand recognition on University campuses by building relationships with professors, student
organizations and career service departments through career fairs, on campus interviews and presentations
- Managed background checks and online assessments
- Reviewed high volumes of resumes, screened, interviewed and made hiring decisions
- Maintained a budget for all recruiting and marketing expenses within my region
- Led monthly Recruiting Department meetings displaying strong organizational and communication skills
- Member of the Project Management: Open House Committee, Canadian Recruiting Efforts, Internship
Recognition Program and Website Auditing Team
Transportation Sales Representative 2005-2007
- Recruited into CH Robinson to manage one of Minneapolis National Accounts division’s top 10 accounts, in addition to managing several other Direct Marketing accounts
- Generated business leads and was selected to be on the cold calling sales team for Minneapolis National Accounts
- Secured new business and grew existing accounts through relationship oriented selling techniques
- Assisted in the training of new employees and developed a detailed six-month new employee training guide for the Direct Marketing Team as part of the Postal Team’s Key Initiative Area for the Minneapolis National Accounts division business plan
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA and St. Cloud, MN 2003- 2005
Manager Trainee/Assistant Branch Manager
An American car rental company with international locations in 145 countries worldwide.
- Performed 5-10 sales calls a week to local body shops, insurance companies, hotels and other various businesses.
- Completed all aspects of the car rental business, from the office paperwork responsibilities to customer service and individual monthly sales goals.
- Promoted to Assistant Branch Manager of the St. Cloud office in less than six months to
supervise two full time employees and three part time employees.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Confidential , St. Cloud, MN August 2010- June 2011
Student Support Services/TRiO Academic Coordinator, Internship
A federal student services program designed to identify and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Advised over 55 diverse students regarding personal, academic, career, and financial issues
- Coordinated tutoring program with TRiO students to find peer tutors for courses
- Planned, promoted, and presented at 3 workshops both fall and spring semesters educating about TRiO services
Confidential, St. Cloud, MN July 2009-May 2011
U-Choose Graduate Assistant and Academic Learning Center Graduate Assistant
U-Choose is an educational based campus prevention effort that focuses on the reduction of high risk alcohol use. Academic Learning Center provides study and reading assistance to students to help them become more efficient and effective readers.
- Analyzed surveys and provided assessment on the effectiveness of the alcohol education classes
- Taught over 70 alcohol education classes with over 30 students attending each presentation
- Took an active role as a teaching assistant for College 110, a reading and writing course
- Conducted presentations on Academic Learning Center services across campus to various audiences
Master of Science
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa (Two Week Study Abroad Trip)
- Expanded world-view by experiencing four different university campuses while on studying abroad
- Gained a diverse perspective of the profession of student affairs by interacting with professionals within the Student Services department across the various campuses
Bachelor of Arts
Resident Manager, Coldwell Banker, Lofts on Roberts Apartments 2011-Present
Member, Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society, St Cloud State University 2009-2011
Member, American College Personal Association (ACPA) 2009-2011
Attendee, Leadership Development Institute, St. Cloud State University, presenter on Who Moved My Cheese 2010
Volunteer, Big Brothers/Big Sisters 2008-2010
SKILLS AND ABILITES
- High energy, well organized, self-motivated and fast learning individual who accepts challenges
- Can work in a fast paced environment, under pressure, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient and has a high level of professionalism
- Able to work on a variety of projects independently with little to no supervision or with team members
- Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and decision making
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft