Procurement Specialist with over eight years buying experience. Has Strong decision making, analytical and organizational skills. Establishes successful business relationships with customers and suppliers. Adaptable, dependable, works well alone as well as a team player. Technical skills include negotiating, SAP, Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Publisher, Livelink, EDI, Portal, Constant Contact, MRP system, ISO Document Control and credit card reporting systems.
Procurement Systems Administrator, Confidential†
- Processed company credit card applications.
- Interfaced with Citi, Eastman’s credit card provider.
- Conducted monthly audits of credit card statements from the Kingsport, Canada and Latin America sites.
- Composed specialized reports per customer’s requests for credit card information.
- Coordinator of personnel from the Longview, Carolina and Pennsylvania sites on daily credit card issues.
- Conducted quarterly status meetings with personnel from the Longview, Carolina and Pennsylvania sites.
- Developed and implemented new credit card auditing processes for the company.
- Developed and updated training guidelines for the use of the company credit card.
- Developed specialized reporting systems using both Excel and Citi credit card report systems to extract specific credit card information for different operating Divisions within the company.
- Trained company personnel on correct procedures for using the company credit card.
Procurement Specialist, Confidential†
- Responsible for the procurement of approximately 15 varied commodities.
- Negotiated price, freight terms and delivery for both MRP system contracts and daily spot buys.
- Administrator yearly contract with varied suppliers.
- Conducted daily spot buys with suppliers.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of contract information that was to be fed into the MRP system and contract systems.
- Liaison between supplier, Procurement and Accounts Payable.
- Liaison between Engineers, production planners, maintenance planners, technical personnel and supplier.
- Recorded daily information for purchase order history.
- Six Sigma team member to improve company’s insulation processes. Was instrumental in negotiations with supplier to improve delivery from 50% to above 90% within one quarter. This netted a savings of over 1.3 million for the company.
- Worked with plant personnel to test coreless towels and tissue for use in the plant. Negotiated an approximate $96,000 savings for the company. This savings includes the environment impact on the company’s landfill in addition to helping the company work toward ‘Green Certification’.
- Negotiated a two year contract with new janitorial supplier for an approximate $33,000 savings. Since the products were to be used in a chemical company this involved extensive testing in order to ensure the new products would not contaminate products being made in the factory area.
- Assisted with the start up of an in house valve repair shop. Bringing the valve repair back to Eastman was a savings to the company. I was responsible for supplier negotiations with price, delivery and freight terms. I was also responsible for expediting the equipment and supplies to meet deadlines in order to obtain critical certification for the operation of the valve repair shop.
- Negotiated an approximate $30,000 savings for a new contract for trash bags at a time with petroleum prices were skyrocketing.
- Prevented overpayment in freight and equipment costs due to a technical issue in reworking a railcar loading station. The drawing for the loading station were sent the supplier and material already cut before Procurement was notified of the pending order. A need to rework the loading station arose and the supplier wanted to consider the order cancel and a new order placed. This would have resulted in double payment of the loading station. Through negotiations, the same material was used, the order was not canceled and the company only incurred one charge.
- Expedited purchase orders to meet critical deadlines to avoid shutdown situations and stock out of material.
- Liaison between Engineers, production planners, maintenance planners, technical personnel and supplier concerning technical and delivery issues.
- Documented technical and delivery information using SAP and Outlook skills.
- Investigated freight problems.
- Coordinated ISO document control for Procurement.
- Expedited material and equipment to meet deadlines on order to avoid shutdown situations and material stock outs.
- Created ISO document control format for Procurement.
- Negotiated special freight rates for material and equipment purchased.
- Prevented overpayment in freight due to supplier not meeting deadlines as promised.
- Various clerical/administrative positions within Procurement with increasing responsibilities.
Clerical Assistant, Confidential†
- Company secretarial pool with various clerical and administrative jobs.
Currently attending Confidential
Founder, Board of Directors, Confidential
Board of Directors, Single Vision, Confidential
Contract Reading, Writing and Negotiating
Three Day Real World Negotiations Seminar (A Benedict Negotiating Seminar)
Business Strategy Development and Short Course
Legal Aspects of Purchasing
Dealing with the Highly Skill Salesperson