- Over 8 years Payroll Processing experiences - 5 years Administrative experience - 5 years HR experience
- Current knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding payroll, understanding of proper taxation of employer-paid benefits
- Knowledge of policy and procedures administration, payroll, benefits and HR systems
Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Working knowledge of the following software; SAP, KRONOS, Banner, Oracle, Report Smith, ADP Pay Expert, ADP HRB, PeopleSoft, ADP E-Time, Ceridian
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, initiative and the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Handle confidential material and communicate with various levels of management
- High ethical standards and a commitment to excellence
- Knowledge of scheduling, timekeeping, payroll processing, federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Source, screen and interview candidates from online, internal and internet databases and contact lists for open positions. Screens candidates for qualifications, interest level, compensation, relocation needs and availability. Review candidate resumes and credentials identifying skills, experience and knowledge for the best match for the position.
- Provide information about the company and job opportunities to potential applicants. Maintain database of current and potential candidates gathered from recruiting sources and applicant tracking system.
Payroll / HR Associate
- Process bi-weekly and monthly payroll for hourly and salaried staff and students. Maintain confidential employee payroll records, files and documents; prepare, compile, monitor and review timesheets for accuracy and inputhours into Banner. Process and maintain employee regulatory taxes and voluntary and court order deductions. Process manual and off-cycle paychecks, overtime requests and adjustments.
- Prepare, print and mail direct deposits advices and distribution of payroll checks. Update, maintain new and existing employee data/changes, payroll records, tax information and direct deposits into Banner. Organize year end files, process and print W2’s and reprints of W2C’s.
- Enter new hire and termination paperwork, benefits enrollments, payroll changes and employee evaluations, pay rate and status changes, bonuses.
- Maintain vacation, sick leave, worker’s compensation and leave absence reports, generate and set-up garnishments for levies and child support and court order withholdings.
- Prepare journal entries for general ledger, compiles payroll reports and maintain payroll records, data of earnings, taxes and deductions. Generate and reconcile month-end reports, payroll tax returns and deductions to general ledger accounts.
- Answer employees’ questions, research and resolved payroll issues.
- Send Electronic Transmittal file of Positive Pay and Direct Deposit files to bank.
Payroll Tax Specialist
- Handled tax filing payments for state and local taxes, updated associates HR/Payroll records in PeopleSoft. Researched and resolved inquiries for payroll taxes and tax reporting.
- Reconcile, prepared, and balance quarterly federal, state, and local employer taxes for W2 reporting and year-end filing for timely and accurately compliance tax regulations. Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run.
- Respond to queries from Federal (IRS and Social Security Administration) and state agencies.
- Review for payment quarterly 941 and Federal 940, state, city and local tax returns. Prepare Payroll, Tax and Wage Reports. Reconcile wages to 941’s for W-2 preparation, reconciliation and payments.
- Research state and local withholding requirements to ensure accurate tax setup for employees.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews, new hire process, (drug screens, I-9, and background checks, e-verify). Conduct phone screens, resume screening, applicant testing, scheduled interviews, applicant tracking. Coordinate new hire activities, paperwork and orientation process.
- Conduct New Hire Information Session for Temp employees transitioning to Full-time
- Manage KRONOS Timekeeper payroll processing, edit KRONOS punches for management approval. Review all hourly time sheets and correct/update in KRONOS.
- Process all employee status changes. Maintain personnel files, payroll files and vendor files.
- Administers Safety programs and materials, takes initial reports of injury for Workers Comp
- Responds and resolves inquiries received through HR and initial contact for payroll/benefits.
Confidential, Recruiting Assistant Duluth, GA 08/2011-02/2012
Confidential, Payroll/HR Associate Atlanta, GA 04/2007-05/2011
Confidential, Payroll/HR Representative Atlanta, GA 02/2004-04/2007
Confidential, Payroll Tax Specialist. Tucker, GA 11/ 2000-08/2003
Confidential, Payroll/HR Administrator Atlanta, GA08/1999 -08/2000
Confidential, HR Assistant Atlanta, GA 08/1996 -05/1999
Confidential, HR Secretary/Marketing Sr. Secretary Atlanta, GA 09/1992-10/1995
Bachelors’s Arts Degree