Career Objective Seek to adopt challenges at a workplace where I could visualize myself operating at a suitable level while utilizing my core competencies maximally & to synergize these with the objectives of the organization.
Designation : Executive HR Organization : Confidential, Chennai Duration : Sep 2007 - Mar 2010
HCL Technologies is India's 4th largest leading global IT Services companies, providing software-led IT solutions, remote infrastructure management services and BPO with a revenue 5 Billion USD and an employee strength of 58000
Role and Responsibilities:
- Handled a 600 member team across Chennai and Bangalore.
- Worked closely with business leaders and functionally aligned Talent Delivery (HR Generalists), Partner with leadership to implement HR strategy.
- Influenced HR decisions made by senior management of the delivery team.
- Insured alignment, integration and adaptation of HR initiatives to enhance organizational capability to meet business goals and objectives.
- Lead successful implementation of HR programs
- Developed and Implemented unit HR programs and activities in support of line management
Recruitment and interviewing process: Participated in numerous mass recruitment process for the organization and have conducted HR interviews to hire new employees.
Induction: Facilitated and Inducted Lateral hires and freshers in to the organization.
Employee Development: Managed processes and support culture relating to mentoring, counseling, goal setting, performance feedback, and career planning.
- Performance Management: Handled the complete i4excel process for the annual appraisal and confirmation appraisal right from the initiation to the closure of and ensuring timely letter release for pay hygiene. Worked with practice leaders on outplacement due to performance issues, PIP (performance improvement plan)
- Career Development: Contributed towards the employees' career development by encouraging them in selecting their present role and setting goals and also by facilitating in achieving their set goals. Counseling employees' on their career path and career landscape.
- Leadership Development: Collected, analyzed and made recommendation to the senior management on the areas of development for the managers and the type of training required. Helped the management in Succession planning
- Training and Development: Identified training needs for all the employees' by collecting nominations. Facilitated, coordinated and organized employee training. Identified training needs for unbilled resources on special skills and hot skills and helped them in de-skilling or re-skilling as per needs.
Compensation and benefits: Worked closely with practice leaders, conducted annual compensation process based on the allocation of the budget (Performance results and peer ranges to ensure fair and reasonable compensation adjustments).Offshore fitment made for Onsite return employees' based on internal and external parity.
Employee Engagement and connect: Conducted many fun activities for employees' under the banner of Fundoo Friday. Contributed immensely towards the employee first councils by organizing and participating in many corporate cultural activities and events.
Policy Implementation: Communicated new policies or updates of the change in the policies to all the employees' or the concerned managers. Ensured the employees follow and adhere to the policies of the organization.
Employee Communication: Maintained appropriate contact with employees to stay abreast of concerns and address personnel issues. Conducted All Hands Meet, Skip level meeting and HR one on one with all employees.
Resource Allocation -Deployment & Tracking: Worked on the allocation of unbilled resources along with the talent planning group and ensured that business unit bench is clear. Initiated, tracked and closed all the transfers on time.
Employee grievance and Query handing: Handled day to day employee grievances' and resolved the same immediately.
Retain: Initiated PQ (Predictability Quotient) as a retention strategy for the entire business unit for Identifying, predicting the probability of the employee leaving the Organization and analyzed the impact of the same to business .Conducted exit interviews and compile report to Practice Leaders on findings, review turnover analysis and promote retention of talented professionals.
Reward and Recognition: Gave Spot awards for best performers during All Hands. Encourage Xtramiles Usage. Worked with Senior Management on recognition programs to keep the employees' motivated. Was part of organizing committee for O2 program (2 Yrs Outstanding employees).
Data and Reporting: Worked on various reports such as HRIS, HR Metrics (Goal Metrics) - Reporting and Audit, Attrition report's management reports, Payroll information report, analyzed reports periodically on need basis.
Other Activities: Cross-functional - responsible for assisting with a variety of cross-functional activities Handled various road shows across the Unit as part of various campaigns. Took part in many HR branding activities. Have set and standardized process for the business unit. Prepared and given many HR presentations. Facilitated cross functional linkages Lead the HCL dance team in various competitions and shows and have won many competitions for the company
Designation : Consultant Organization : Confidential, Chennai Duration : Aug 2006 - Aug 2007
Company Profile: Excellers Management Services is a Total Recruitment Solution provider operating since 1994 on a world-wide basis across industry verticals and geographies with its network of offices at Chennai (HQ), Bangalore, Kolkata, New Delhi, Boston and London.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinated with clients regarding the requirements.
- Got the necessary details from the clients like Job specifications, salary specs & various other details.
- Screened out the resume from company database, web based job portals.
- Sourced profiles through References, Networking, and Head Hunting.
- Created a pool of potentially suitable candidates from all the possible sources.
- Handled the preliminary telephonic round of interview of the candidates.
- Assessed all the candidates.
- Organized, Scheduled and conducted interviews.
- Followed up the post interview processes
- Negotiated Compensations
- Facilitated the joining and induction process
- Ensured that the selected candidates join the client organization.
- Kept track of the payments to be released by the client organization.
- Was responsible for all other administration work.
Achievement: Achieved the allotted target and also was made in-charge of managing some of the key accounts.
The Clients Handled in the Present Organisation:Arvin Meritor, Entertainment Network India Ltd (Times Group), Fichtner Consultancy, 3M India, Amararaja Batteries, CUMI, Asian PPG, KCP, Dalmia Cements, Dalmia Sugars, ICI Paints, ECL, Henkel India Ltd, Al Futtaim, Satyam, Hexaware, Standard Fire Works, Electro steel Castings Ltd, Scion International, Parksons Packaging, Mahindra International Ltd.
Educational Backgroud PGDM (Human Resources) B.Com ( Specialization : Marketing) HSC
- Class topper in 3rd Semester (Specialization HR) - Awarded Individual Championship (Athletics) - House Games Captain - Kho- Kho team captain for school 5 - State Level: - 3rd place in 100mts Hurdles - District Level:- a) Kho- Kho winners b) 3rd place in High jump - Zonal Level:- a) 1st place in High Jump b) Kho- Kho winners - Won many awards and prizes for Dance Competition - Won First Place for Adapt tune - Lead the school and the college and company Dance team for various Competitions and Culturals - Choreographed
Comprehensive problem solving abilities, decision making, Team Player, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to deal with people diplomatically, time management, flexible and adaptable, willingness to learn from team facilitator, hard worker, Dynamic, Good Leadership qualities, dedicated, Self-motivated, persuasive, ambitious, creative, Energetic, Patient and very flexible
Technical Skills: Have good knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint and Word