I’m a seasoned bilingual, (English/Spanish) professional with HR Generalist/Recruiting and Training experience. I possess a strong work ethic, integrity, clear judgment and confidentiality. My behavioral interviewing and corporate recruiting experience includes providing consultation to operations decision makers on leadership, talent identification and assessment. SME in dealing with employee relations and employment practices, including mediation and dispute resolution; treating everyone with dignity and respect. Implemented “best business practices” in employee development and performance management to create a pool of talent to draw from, for the purpose of long term succession planning strategies with service companies within refineries, construction engineering environments.
I consulted with management on diversity and inclusive initiatives, to include recruiting from a huge pool of military returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. During my 6 months in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, I provided extensive training and managed people services for the Department of Defense as a LCDR US Navy. My continuous process improvement expertise has contributed to the workforce performance decisions, making a positive contribution, to create a distinct business advantage above the fierce industry competition. My compensation and payroll support for client groups has minimized employee complaints, and resolved issues before becoming a major problem, timeliness is key.
Applicant tracking systems (Resumix, ICIMS, KENEXA and other proprietary Oracle and Access Database tracking systems,) Advanced user of MS Office 2003/7 Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Power Director 4.0, Outlook, Lotus Notes Intranet, Internet, SQL, IGRAFX Professional 8.0, Visio Professional 5.0, SAPR3, Siebel, Lodestar, Trading Software-DYNA, OATI Tagging, nMarket, GMS, Abacus, Nucleus, Aces.
- Panel speaker for the Gulf Coast Construction Users Council a power users consortium of energy and chemical groups in the Gulf Coast and Louisiana area.
- Houston Business Roundtable participant and speaker to Project Managers and Operations groups “recruiting & succession planning.”
- Interviewed on the subject “domestic and int’l employment opportunities” with Rick Gillis Employment Radio show on ESPN Radio, 97.5.
Confidential, Houston, TX (Multiple contract jobs until I find fulltime position) 10/09 Present
Confidential, Houston, TX 08/08 to 10/09
Sr. Corporate Recruiter for US
- Creatively reduced 92 open requisitions to 2 within a 7 month period with HR Generalist assistance, in the face of resistance and setbacks.
- Team contributor in creating college recruiting program for the West, Mid/Central US - 2009
- Creating partnerships with college placement departments in creating new pools of talent.
- Administer OFCCP compliance activities, Affirmative Action Plan and various government reporting programs such as EEO-1.
- Extensive use of applicant tracking systems included Kenexa and ICIMS.
Confidential,Houston, TX 10/07 to 08/08
Senior Recruiter Gulf Coast and Mid Continents Region
- Counseled Construction Managers on EEO/Affirmative Action activities to ensure fair employment practices for all employees and compliance with federal, state, local and corporate requirements.
- Partnered with hiring managers on reducing risk hires and filling job requisitions while implementing and supporting overall talent acquisition strategies, policies, practices, and standards which enhanced rapport between HR and Business Units by 30%.
- Coached managers in effective screening, interviewing and selection techniques which increased retention by 15%.
- Houston Business Roundtable (Construction Careers Initiatives) and invited panel speaker Representing TIMEC, Inc.
- Created the ESL (English Second Language) Basic Plant Safety program via partnerships with
Confidential,and Harris County Department of Education for the construction industry.
- Initiating company wide military recruiting and transferable skills interviewing techniques.
- Initiated business strategy and public relations within the community, colleges, training centers, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet hosting agencies, which increased a database of highly qualified candidates by 55.7%.
Confidential,Mosul, Iraq/ Djibouti, Africa/ Baghdad, Iraq 2005 to 2007
Human Resources Associate/Generalist (Civilian Contractor)
- Resolved employee relations complaints with exceptional customer service delivery to Local Nationals (LN), Third Country Nationals (TCN) and Expatriates.
- Flexible in accepting changes in the organization and adapting to meet the new requirements, 21 years experience with the military.
- Strong independent producer, as well as synergistic contributor to the team dynamics in meeting/exceeding client expectations.
- Analyzed job descriptions for appropriate grade, level, title and FLSA status, then communicated corporate compensation changes to field personnel, minimizing talent turnover and morale issues by 25%.
- Resolved expatriate and visa issues for KBR employees and assisted with terminations and exit interviews.
- Supported approximately 10-50 managers during this assignment, which involved the support and maintenance of a nondiscriminatory workplace, Front Line Supervisory training, especially in working with expats from 16 different countries.
- Counseled managers and supervisors on employee relations issues including discipline, compliance, policies and procedures interpretation, harassment/discrimination, background checks, FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, Wage & Hour Law, I-9 compliance.
Confidential, Houston, TX 2001 to 2004
Training/Performance/Recruitment Consultant - Assignments lasting from 1-9 months.
- Corporate/Contingency recruiting and hiring the best qualified domestic/international candidates for design, mechanical, electrical engineers, metallurgist, risk mgt, landman, construction, call center, all industrial building trades for TAs, finance, pharmaceutical (bio-technology), operations, manufacturing, administrative, IT, accounting, business development which reduced company’s turnover by 25%
Confidential,Houston, TX 2000 to 2001
Power Trader (West Coast)
- Served as a real time power trader including streamlining performance deliverables for company clients on the West Coast.
- $1.5 million P & L in annual arbitrage power trading, price negotiation, complex purchase experience. Daily communication with field power generation maintenance staff, to include onsite visits to 500MW power generation stations throughout the US.
Confidential, Houston, TX 1999 to 2000
Business Analyst in Performance & Processes -Liaison between IT services and business units
- Measured performance and managed change processes with departments, affiliates, vendors and contractors.
- Natural Gas billing and customer service provider for a client base of over 325,000 customers.