Human Resources Manager/Director with an extensive background in Human Resources Management Systems. Known to be fair, honest, and objective. Leads by example and creates bonds within an organization. Strategic business partner to local and corporate management. Recognized as the “go to” expert on people, business problems, and HR systems support by both senior management and colleagues. Interacts effectively with all levels of management. Develops and implements corporate policies and procedures. Specific strengths and achievements in the following areas:
- Business Partner
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Organization Development
- Employee/Labor Relations
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Staffing and Recruiting
- Policies and Procedures
- EEO and Affirmative Action
- Conducted data analysis of manpower resources in support of corporate-wide business planning processes.
- Presented recommendations to senior management on manpower requirements affecting hiring and downsizing of staff, which were accepted and subsequently acted upon.
- Implemented a corporate-wide management succession planning process that resulted in identifying key manager talent and training needs for the company.
HR Management Systems
- Led the team effort in the design and implementation of all HR transactional and reporting interfaces during the installation of a new corporate-wide PeopleSoft HRMS system. This effort led to the integration of HR, benefits, and payroll data/activity under a common framework. The framework continues to be an integral part of an expanding system used throughout the company.
- Modified and successfully transitioned over 500 Payroll, HR, and benefits reports and interfaces to a CSS Horizon System, utilizing ReportSmith and SQR report writer.
- Assisted in the development of a web-based process to record flex enrollment activity, which resulted in increased efficiency and accuracy during the annual enrollment process.
Organization Development and Training
- Collaborated with management, legal, and operations representatives to redesign and restructure the organization. The redesign and restructuring resulted in the reduction of costs without negatively impacting the company’s business. Activities included consolidation of work, outsourcing certain functions, and eliminating redundant positions.
- Thwarted two union organization attempts at a parts distribution warehouse. Accomplished this through a very successful employee awareness campaign providing wage, benefit and work environment comparison information to employees.
- Resolved operational and employee relations issues for a population of over 800 employees, which resulted in increased productivity and morale.
- Established a strong working relationship of trust and cooperation with union delegates to accomplish high productivity results, while maintaining a cooperative and motivated workforce in a retail outlet and a warehouse operation.
- Acted as the primary company contact with Local 805 of the Teamsters, representing clerical and warehouse workers.
- Designed and implemented a reduction program to meet the Union criteria and successfully reduced staff from 120 employees to 60, while adhering to the difficult contract provision of bumping.
Compensation and Benefits
- Developed and implemented a new annual performance management and salary review process to ensure compatibility with a newly implemented PeopleSoft HRIS System. The procedure allowed for the automated processing of compensation data via MS Excel and uploading to the HRIS system. This continues to be the standard process used throughout the company.
- Provided direction and support to regional offices and the National Call Center to ensure internal and external salary parity and to ensure positions were slotted in the appropriate salary ranges. This activity ensured that equity existed within the employee populations and that pay rates were appropriate to local market conditions.
- Led the corporate-wide initiative to re-evaluate positions and to ensure they were in compliance with the new FLSA regulations. Implemented major changes to sales rep classifications. This project also resulted in the compilation of a corporate-wide job description database and the re-leveling of specific positions.
Staffing and Recruiting
- Performed staffing/ recruitment for all levels within organizations and across multiple disciplines.
- Implemented new corporate Career Website and an associated company hosted ATS system.
- Successfully utilized cost effective approaches to recruiting, while attracting and subsequently acquiring high quality motivated employees with zero agency fees.
- Researched and implemented the use of a resume aggregator for searching various databases on the Internet including social media.
- Utilized computer based appraisal system and coached management on performance based appraisals.
- Consulted with management in the preparation of performance improvement and development plans, which led to higher productivity and employee accountability.
Policies and Procedures
- Developed, wrote, and revised existing company policies to adhere to state and federal regulations.
EEO and Affirmative Action
- Raised the level of employee and management awareness about EEO policies and initiatives and the delivery of relevant training programs. Elevating the level of awareness resulted in concerns being brought to Human Resources for resolution early thus reducing legal liability.
MBA, Human Resources and Industrial Relations
MS Office Suite:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access
- CSS HRizon, PeopleSoft, Abra HR, ReportSmith, Crystal Reports, Cyber Recruiter ATS, TalentHook