S U M M A R Y
Benchmarking v Building Client Relationships v Competitive Market Position v Continuous Process Improvement Corporate Administration v Policy Development v Performance Measurement v Performance Review
Proactive Leadership v Cost Reduction v Customer Retention v Efficiency Improvement v Policy & Procedure
Service Design/Delivery v Staff Management, Training & Development v Change Management
Cost Cutting Tactics v Budget Administration v Efficiency Improvement v Presentations v Problem Resolution
Confidential, 2010 to present
Director of Human Resources /Compliance Officer (3/2010 – present)
- Responsible for Human Resources functions including- recruitment, staffing, on boarding, group / voluntary benefits, Workers’ Compensation, FMLA / DBL and absence management, employee / labor relations, risk management, payroll, compliance, vendor / contract management, physician, and allied health credentialing.
- Recent accomplishments include enhancements to payroll system, drafting and implementing physician contract and creating employee handbook.
2009 – 2010 Business Development/Compliance Manager (8/2009 – 2/2010)
- Responsible for all corporate statutory licensing related to headquarters state of New Jersey and approximately 50 other states where business is conducted.
- Administer all monthly cigarette and tobacco products reports & tax payments with respective states.
- Assist the President on tobacco legislation – with particular emphasis on FDA and the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.
- Coordinate outside sales staff including goal identification, assessment of competency and performance.
Confidential, 2005 – 2009
Manager, Total Rewards (4/2007 – 1/2009)
- Assisted the SVP HR in the formulation and implementation of strategic HR objectives for the Charity System.
- Participated in Bon Secours System wide strategic planning committees for benefits and compensation.
- Responded to complex benefit inquiries from managers and senior leadership on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and inquiries.
- Evaluated competitive trends in benefits coverage. Recommended changes and additions to the health and welfare plans.
- Evaluated and assessed compensation on an annual basis to ensure pay and compensation levels are market competitive.
- Administered vendor contracts; managed benefits and compensation consultants and pension/retirement plan providers.
- Provided input into the development of personnel and benefit policies and practices.
- Internal and external coordination with departments and vendors to ensure correct benefits accruals and payroll deduction formulas.
- Selected, trained and assign benefits staff, developed job design and set standards of performance; evaluated performance and made recommendations for personnel actions.
- Designed and deployed employee benefit program communications. Administered Executive Benefit Plans.
- Responsible for developing Charity fringe budgets.
- Subject matter expert and key project manager in the development and execution of Charity wide absence management program.
Benefits Specialist, Confidential, (1/2005 – 3/2007)
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of all benefit plans, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, and FSAs.
- Annual and on-going assessment of employee eligibility for benefits.
- Addressed benefit and disability inquiries – coordinate dispute resolutions.
- Effectively interpreted FMLA / collective bargaining agreements / ADA applicable to leaves of absences.
- Member of HR Orientation team responsible for payroll / benefits.
Confidential, 1998 – 2005
Benefits Manager (1/2001 – 1/2005)
- Implemented voluntary benefit programs: auto/homeowners insurance; FSA; and Section 529 college program.
- Administered 401(k) retirement plan.
- Developed office management guidelines to enhance administrative support and coverage.
- Developed and trained office assistants in related office management and clerical HR tasks. Conducted “needs training” benefit analysis at regional operations meetings.
- Key member of management team negotiating benefit contracts.
- Provided management support to Payroll and Employee Relations departments
- Hired, trained, developed and supervised four (4) assistants
Benefits Administrator (8/1999 – 12/2000)
- Administered employee benefit programs including: health & welfare; ancillary benefits; COBRA; WC, disability and voluntary plans for 1000+ employees in 13 different states. Developed and recommended new or modified employee benefit plans and policies. Assessed employee eligibility for benefits annually.
- Trained and supervised two (2) assistants.
- Ensured cost control procedures were utilized to maximize coverage at the least possible cost to the company and employees.
- Participated in area and industry benefits studies.
- Recommended classes of eligible employees for new or modified benefit plans.
- Prepared announcement material, booklets and other media for communication to employees.
- Addressed benefit inquiries and coordinated dispute resolutions.
- Editor of corporate and human resources newsletters.
- Responsible for community outreach programs.
- Responsible for employee appreciation and wellness program.
Payroll Specialist (8/1998 – 7/1999)
- Entered all new hire information. Processed bi-weekly payroll including exempt and non-exempt employees. Processed bonus runs, annual increases and special projects.
- Maintained personnel information including salary changes, vacation, sick, holiday time and 401(k) information.
- Created HR newsletter.
- Initiated Employee Appreciation Day and Wellness Program
Benefits and Compensation, Cornell’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations
PHR/SPHR certification course, SHRM