- I am a highly qualified Sr SAS programmer looking for short term (6 months or less) contracts or telecommuting assignments.
- I have utilized SAS over most of my 28 years as a programmer in various contexts and environments across mainframe to Unix.
- During those years, I have at various times utilized SAS to develop charts, listings, graphs and reports using various SAS products/procedures/functions/statements/macros.
- I have worked with extremely large (100s of millions of records) DBMSs including DB2/Teradata/Oracle.
- I am especially skilled in developing efficient queries to access a DBMS through SAS ACCESS.
- I have been a very effective mentor, developing novice and even experienced SAS programmers into highly skilled developers.
- I am extremely good at troubleshooting, with a knack of being able to quickly pinpoint a problem and attack, to a solution.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
- HLASM Unix
- IBM Mainframe
- SAS Base
- JCL Testing DB2 Teradata
- SAS macros
- Data Warehousing
- Requirements Analysis
- SDLC Visio TFS
- Debugging Code
- SQL Tuning
- ESP scheduler
- Data Modeling
- REXX Oracle
- Analysis ETL
- Quality Assurance
- Data Integration
- Database Design
- Data Management
- Data Mining
- Systems Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- PL/SQL OLAP
Lead SAS Programmer Analyst
- Providing SAS expertise in support of Confidential and Confidential & Confidential 's SAS High - Performance Markdown
- Optimization (MDO) 4.3 application.
- Supporting the system requires skills in SAS, Informatica, Mainframe, ESP scheduling, UNIX, shell scripting, PL/SQL, ORACLE and bringing all of these skills together to support the package.
- Oversee the technical aspects for the SAS Regulatory Reporting Team. Serving also as mentor for rest of ~20 member team (including contractors).
- Performed cross-training for members from other teams and developed several tactical schemes for the group along with the development of group standards and procedures.
- Mentor all new employees.
- The team was responsible for extracting data from extremely large (hundreds of millions of records) ORACLE databases using SAS SQL and sometimes PL/SQL, claims and member tables were particularly large.
- Each of the several states had differing requirements for reporting and changed requirements frequently.
- The design of the databases was geared to the front end processes, making the access on the back end a sometimes formidable task.
- Developed techniques to address the efficiency of extracting the data, reducing run times from many hours to minutes. 8 recommendations available upon request
Contract Bio-Statistical Programmer
- Developed programs utilizing SAS 6.2 (Unix platform) and SAS 8.0 (Windows platform) and SAS SQL to build Statistical
- Analysis files and tables for submission to FDA for pharmaceutical clients.
- Also developed programs for Phase IV drug stage.
- Heavy emphasis on SAS macro development and meeting critical deadlines.
- Worked with team statisticians to ensure that the SAS statistical procedures (FREQ, CORR, ANOVA, UNIVARIATE, TTEST) were being used correctly to produce the intended results for submissions.
- Worked on Revenue Accounting team as contract analyst.
- Provided support and maintenance for legacy system using COBOLII, SQL, DB2, and Teradata.
- Also provided support for Marketing MSAccess applications and Car Accounting applications.
- Worked on Partnership Management team as contract analyst for the EASY awards system using COBOLII, DB2, SQL and SAS.
- The system calculated and managed points earned by Confidential partners’ customers.
- Received award for my work on the history database from Confidential (a recognition usually reserved for Confidential employees).
- Provided COBOLII, SQL, DB2, and CICS expertise for analysis/design of solutions for the IT development team.
- Primarily working on billing team.
- Installed interface for Intell-a-chek software, a workstation package that interfaced with the mainframe system to produce Confidential data for client's bank.
- Created a data dictionary tool using MS Access, installed and instructed rest of team.
- Created a kit of mainframe tools and was driving force to get system capable of allowing developers to build own tools.
- Commuted on a weekly basis to serve as a sub-contracting (Atlantic Data Systems) anchor analyst for the Environment Team on Y2K compliance project using HLASM and SAS.
- The Y2K project addressed all sub-systems for the bank’s mainframe.
- Consulted/tutored personnel on teams as needed.
- Analyzed sub-systems to build appropriate testing environment for a particular bank product.
- Provided assembler and SAS expertise for Y2K Project. Served role as anchor analyst, interfacing with offshore development group.
- The Y2K project addresses the entire Yellow system and its compliance for Year 2000.
- Performed duties of field manger concurrently with assignment for Confidential .
- Administered and supervised development and ongoing enhancement of the MIMS platform utilizing HLASM, COBOLII, SQL, MS Access, 3270 DataStreaming.
- This included instructing new programmers, selecting appropriate target enhancements to the platform, developing strategies to improve and streamline platform performance, tracking and resolving platform defects, distributing platform work assignments to appropriate individuals, and evaluating the work of those individuals.
- Designed, coded, and implemented enhancements for reservation system’s schedule change package.
- Lead and design for enhancements to a government billing project
- Re-designed, coded, and implemented an offline cargo schedule change system.
- The re-write reduced a 30-hour run time to 3 hours
- Support and maintenance programmer for securities transfer system
- Classroom instructor for BASIC, Assembler, COBOL, JCL, RPG II, and general computer theory.
- Approximately 4 hours nightly