- Mastery of SAS with over 12 years coding experience.
- Coded data - driven SAS programs for data extraction, validation, manipulation, statistical analysis and report delivery.
- Well-educated in statistics with expertise in design of clinical trials and statistical modeling.
- Conducted various statistical analyses to test significance and detect impactful insights.
- Hands-on healthcare data analyses for over ten years.
- Good knowledge of relational databases.
- Ability to extract, load and reconcile data across multiple system platforms and sources.
- Talent analyst able to move quickly to the root of the problem and propose appropriate solutions.
- Creative, Experienced SAS Programmer Statistician and Ph.D.
- Talent Data Scientist SAS MACROs, DDE, ODS, Functions
- Clinical Trial & Research Design and Processes Data Standardization and Quality Assessment
- Project Management & Team Player Proficient in SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/STAT
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Designed and developed inpatient provider stratification model with four key metrics to monitor provider performance in 16 US States, to identify opportunities of improvement for behavioral health (BH) services, to promote best management practices and to recognize affordable and high-quality providers.
- Played a leading role in statistical analyses and interpreted findings of research analysis to determine operational impacts and needed actions.
- Collaborated with project managers and staff for report contents to optimize deliverables to management. Trained other data analysts in statistics and SAS coding to improve working efficiency.
- Conducted exploratory data analyses in BH Medicaid claims, membership data and provider data to detect issues, trends and areas of improvement and to generate reports for targeted business needs.
- Synthesized BH medical claims of all markets to detect trend, pattern and impactful insights and to support management in driving business decisions based on data.
- Coded automated, data-driven SAS programs with MACROs, DATA STEPs and PROCEDUREs to simulate provider stratification models, to analyze Medicaid claims and provider and member data and to generate reports for ad hoc requests from all levels of management.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Led and conducted full lifecycle analyses in various projects: inpatient hospitalizations, emergency department visits, behavioral health and psychotropic medication. Extracted claims from Oracle databases via Business Intelligence analyzed data using SAS and delivered impactful insights to management.
- Performed exploratory data analyses in Medicaid claims, drugs, members and providers to identify trends and anomalies, and to develop analytical solutions for a wide range of ad hoc requests from leadership.
- Conducted a variety of statistical analyses to evaluate effectiveness of medical policies and initiatives, to identify issues and potential areas for improvement, to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements and to enhance health plan contract management.
- Attended external and internal team meetings to address complex management questions and data requests and to determine strategic analytic plans. Provided consulting services in statistics and SAS to project managers, clients and peers to share knowledge and to improve working efficiency.
- Reviewed and audited analytical programs and reports generated by other analysts to ensure data integrity and information accuracy.
- Developed and generated timely, graphical reports with 12 measures to monitor psychotropic medication utilization of Interstate Compact on Placement of Children to avoid drug abuse and to ensure drug safety.
Environment: Erwin 9.x, Hadoop, Spark, ETL, PL/SQL, MDM, Erwin, OLTP, Oracle 12c/11g, DB2, SQL server, BTEQ,, MS Access, Excel.
Lead Data Analyst
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Supported CMS contract, Confidential / Confidential, to analyze Medicare claims with SAS.
- Retrieved claims from a complex CMS data warehouse and developed 28 outcome measures to evaluate performance of nationwide inpatient hospitals and to improve quality of healthcare at lower cost.
- Led data analysis of care transitions project that was recognized as the best one in the country by the CMS. Designed provider reports to monitor impacts of interventions. Six of my reports were collected in the National Care Transition Toolkit. Published project successes in peer-reviewed journals.
- Performed sophisticated data mining on several year claims of skilled nursing facilities (SNF) to develop six measures for preventing fraud and waste in medical services and payments. Manipulated and analyzed large amounts of SNF data to generate reports for 16,000 SNF providers in the United States.
- Analyzed CMS Hospital Payment Monitoring Program data collected by 52 health quality improvement organizations to identify successful interventions that prevented payment errors and services abuse.