To obtain an analytical position in the financial industry that allows him to go back to the financial industry since it is his area of expertise and passion personally and professionally.
- Confidential has over 15+ years of Financial services experience in Mortgage and credit card space.
- His areas of expertise include development and deployment of Automated SAS ETL model development and testing in order to minimize financial losses due to credit and fraud exposure.
- Developed and implemented models using internal and external variables from inside the company as well as bureau and vendors provided in order to implement models to mitigate credit and fraud losses for secured and un secured products such as personal loans, home equity loans, home improvement, credit cards, auto loans etc.
- He has deep experience in SAS, SAS DI, programming (PC, Unix Shell, Mainframe JCL), and SQL programming in different environments including Oracle, SQL Server and DB2.
- Confidential published several papers to optimize SAS programming techniques.
- Developed a profitability interactive portal that allowed business to understand revenue leakage and helped to optimize portfolio performance by adjusting pricing policies and marketing campaigns.
- Data Quality DataFlux 2.6 Acquisitions
- Risk Management Analytics Automated Global Fraud Strategies Risk Analytics
- SAS Expert Programmer PL SQL
- Payments Product Development Operations - Marketing Analytics
- Lead a modeling to optimize marketing campaigns and to create and develop new models SAS DataFlux 2.6 / SAS BI / Oracle PL SQL execution to predict future demand.
- Results are then shared with productions plans in US and Canada to optimize demand planning.
- Developed a simulation environment that enabled Confidential to predict demand of raw materials taking in consideration macro-economic variables, natural disasters and government regulations to determine the right storage levels in plans in North America, resulting in savings by having the right levels of material in storage.
Manager of Analytics
- Developed automated solutions that create analytical datasets, Information maps and OLAP Cubes with drill down capabilities that allows the bank to respond faster to natural disasters such as tornadoes and hurricanes in order to minimize losses in highly distressed areas by offering different financial aid programs according to customer characteristics.
- Developed several automation engines to ensure automated datasets and Cubes are produced every day following methodologies to ensure Quality Assurance procedures are followed.
- Developed the production SAS DI jobs to produce reports to regulators (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve)
- Created the new automated SAS DI and reporting process analysis to increase the accuracy of the cash flow DI Processes used to value the Confidential portfolio.
- Develop models to maximize the return revenue on marketing campaigns by targeting the right right population depending on product pricing.
- Developed automated DI work flows to validate AVM values for properties for Consumer and Commercial portfolios.
- Lead the development of several DI production processes to transform the information exchange files from loan servicers to meaningful SAS datasets to support strategic decisions.
- Developed the OCC reconciliation DI Jobs between Federal Reserve and Confidential Bank.
- Created an analytical platform SAS EGRC 5.1 to drill down and analyze most of the final metrics of Confidential Bank.
- Designed, developed and supported several SAS analytical tools and data warehousing solutions to maximize technological and human resources at Confidential, enabling Confidential to make fast and accurate business decisions in all markets.
- Developed an environment that enable Confidential to simulate multiple scenarios using different Risk models for line management, and acquisitions. This environment helped Confidential to reduce millions of dollars in risk exposure.
- Developed several Risk manaements models to minimize crdit and Risk losses for international and domestic markets.
- Developed several SAS analytical tools, PL SQL Processes and DW environments to mitigate credit losses and to improve customer’s profitability.
- Produced every month the Risk Packet for the Chief Risk Officer containing all risk metrics, forecast, trending, and risk initiatives and results for all areas of the bank.
- Developed a credit line management work flow that was in compliance with regulations. This program reduced the exposure of the bank by 10MM USD per year.
Manager Yield Analytics
- Designed, programmed, tested and implemented an interactive Global SAS/SQL web portal to publish, analyze, drill down and drill trough all profitability and risk metrics allowing high management to make strategic decisions on daily basis using multiple segmentation variables (real-time) from Teradata and multiplatform data sources.
- Developed a central repository for metrics and definitions for profitability and risk areas.
- Utilized recently declassified sources of information to invent new metrics to manage the profitability of the business.
- Developed the automated Quality Check Engine work flow for Yield Analytics, allowing the Pricing and Risk groups to quickly identify changes on consumer spending behavior as well as possible data quality problems.
- Create the Automated Risk Assessment Platform to score (self-learn new fraud Confidential ’s) fraud probability for all Confidential transactions on daily basis using multiple segmentation variables in order to reduce fraud exposure without affecting customer’s experience.
- Lead developed the Fraud SAS ETL GPS fraud prevention work flow
- Lead developed the Automated Global Risk Assessment Platform (Production SAS Jobs and GUI US/India) to detect and manage the work flow of possible fraud transactions. All rules estimated to save more than 10 million dollars per year.
- Lead the investigation and developed multiple fraud prevention strategies to fight organized crime groups operating in the US as well as internationally.
Manager of Risk management
- Lead the development of the factoring and Money Laundering SAS ETL / PL SQL Process for Consumer and Small Business portfolios, allowing the company to reduce potential fraud and credit losses.
- Developed profitability analysis for specific chains, industries and cities, allowing the company to take fraud prevention actions at high risk merchants in all markets.
- Instituted the extracts and algorithms to feed the Credit Bust Out ETL and Reporting process. The savings in potential losses are 6.5 million dollars per year.
- Invented numerous fraud prevention scanners, rules and metrics to track negative business trends to the terminal level and merchant level.
- Implemented new technologies to combat fraud losses, IP tracking, voice finger printing, device fingerprinting, Mag. Strip (Magna print), chip and pin technology.
- Risk Intelligence- Investigated different fraud techniques and fraud training manuals continuously posted and updated by the Russian mafia and East-European hackers on the internet
MIS / Risk Management Manager
- Lead the development of the MIS for the Membership Rewards program for all countries in Latin America, allowing the upper management to make sound business decisions.
- Invented the Fraud MIS for card acquisition, for all Marketing acquisition channels for countries in Latin America.
- Designed and implemented the MIS, business rules and procedures for loyalty and retention areas in Latin America. This allowed Confidential to reduce card member attrition and improved customer's satisfaction by offering incentives and new services according to their needs- Chairman’s Award for Quality tier 2 in 2000.
- Lead the developed of the production environment for fraud MIS worldwide, including POC and POS reporting.
Fraud Prevention Senior Engineer
- Lead the development of automations for Fraud MIS, fraud trend analysis, and identified common patterns in order to stop fraud at its early stages.
- Lead the analysis and development of the necessary solutions to stop fraud losses due to external and internal actions.
Senior MIS analyst
- Produced the necessary analysis to improve the control of the outside collection agencies, reducing the amount of money the company had to pay in legal fees. We were the winners of a chairman’s award for Quality in 1997.
- Developed the automated SAS/SQL claims control system that allowed a better tracking of the claims, reducing the response time from one month to one week.
- Implemented the communications protocol between Confidential and the credit bureaus in Mexico, allowing Confidential to reduce the risk exposure in the approval process. Winner of a monetary award in 1995.
- Played a key role on the migration of the New Accts department from Salt Lake City, UTAH to Mexico City. Winner of a chairman’s award for Quality in 1998.
- Migrated fraud operations IDC from Salt Lake City to Mexico City.
SAS Programmer Analyst
- Analyzed, designed, developed, trained and managed procedures and systems for operations, risk management, and human resources.
- Developed DW and automated reporting solutions for the customer service center that allowed the improvement of productivity and employee satisfaction of the associates, by providing salary incentives to the best performers.