- Confidential is an IT professional with extensive experience in SAS programming.
- Confidential has more than 10 years of experience in SAS Programming/Coding 8 years' experience in SQL. Confidential also has extensive experience in the Healthcare Industry.
- Extensive experience in working on different SAS versions like (8.2, 9.1, 9.2) using SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/ODS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL.
- Hands on experience in working with SAS Enterprise Guide Software (4.2 version) for reporting.
- Hands on experience working with Financial data and also worked extensively on Health Care data i.e., Health Connect, Clarity. Hands on experience extracting data from Teradata to SAS Datasets and loading data onto Teradata DB.
- Extensive experience with Oracle SQL and also SAS SQL.
- Experience includes in SAS Report Generating Procedures like PROC REPORT, PROC SQL, PROC FREQ, PROC MEANS, PROC UNIVARIATE, PROC TABULATE, PROC TRANSPOSE, PROC PRINT, SAS ODS.
- Extensive Experience in writing Korn shell scripts for executing SAS batch files on UNIX to save the execution time and report automation as well as JCL for executing SAS on Mainframe.
- Extensive hands on experience in data analysis, data validation and preparing the models and tracking the results.
Languages: SAS, Base SAS, SAS Macros, SAS/SCL, SAS/AF, SAS/STAT, DB2, COBOL, JCL, TSO, SQL, PL/SQL.
RDBMS: Oracle 9.x, Teradata, DB2
Designing Tools: ER - Win
Protocols: JDBC, TCP/IP, ODBC
Packages: MS Office 97/ 2000, Lotus Notes 123, EXCEL
Operating Systems: SUN SOLARIS, AIX, MS-DOS, Windows 2000/98/95/NT, HP UNIX
Hardware: IBM Compatible PCs, HP Compatible PCs, Sun Workstations
Other: SAS Warehousing, SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Responsible for taking care of adhoc requests as well as monthly loads and quarterly loads and yearly loads.
Environment: Clarity, SAS 9.4, Unix, Enterprise Guide, Tableau, Oracle
Technical Project manager/SAS Analyst
- Working on providing data dictionaries for multiple tables as well as working on SAS programs for call centre environment.
- Working on multiple project handling ie., Data analysis and creation of repeat calls, Green Call Rate, Vendor Data etc
- Working on a project which involves coding in Coldfusion and Sql Server.
- Did analysis of data using sas and flat files.
Environment: SAS 9.4, Unix, Dos, SQL Server 2008,SSIS, Cold fusion 9, Enterprise Guide 4.3
Confidential, Foster City, CA
- Worked on putting together the data for different countries based on
- Corruption index, Inflation Rate and Unemployment rate etc.,Did Data analysis based on the parameters mentioned.
Environment: Python, Unix, DOS, SAS 9.1
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Creates datasets from the existing datasets based on certain requirements given by the team.
- Used extensively Proc Transpose, Proc Freq, Proc means to validate the data.
- Took all the historical data and properly formatted and exported the data to the excel sheets.
- Extensively Quality checked the data and validated and did analysis of the queries as well as data.
- Extracted and validated the data from Oracle tables to avoid manual requests every month from different department.
- Extensively used SAS Proc SQL to get the summary of the monthly or quarterly data.
- Ran extensively monthly/Quarterly jobs to extract the data from Oracle tables. Used Oracle SQL extensively to query and extract the data.
- Worked on Enterprise Guide to connect to the Oracle databases and for analyzing the data.
- Worked on Data manipulation i.e., merging, dropping observations and doing the sorted matching,sorting the data etc.,
- Worked on optimizing, fine tuning the code. Worked on Sas Graph to depict the results. Used extensively SAS Macros.
Environment: SAS 9.2, Unix, Oracle SQL, Enterprise Guide 4.2.SAS Graph, SAS Macros
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Worked extensively on extracting the mainframe data .
- Created the datasets on Mainframe and transported to Unix/PC environments.
- Mapped the fields from different tables.
- Worked on Health Connect/Clarity.
- Worked on different projects and helping them to get up to date data.
- Helped different users to migrate the data from one Solaris server to different Solaris Server.
- Created datasets(SAS) using hierarchial files and Multiple from a single record and single observation from multiple records.
- Gave presentations to users to migrate and solved some of the problems they had.
- Interacted with developers to solve his/her technical problems.
- Mainly worked on PC-SAS to connect to different database servers i.e., Oracle, DB2, Teradata, VDW(Virtual Data warehouse) etc., Extracted data from Teradata and created SAS datasets and also loaded the data onto Teradata from SAS environment using SAS connect.
- Worked on Claims data. Mapped the fields, validated the source of the data from different sources i.e., mainframe, health connect and oracle and also validated the data from different vendors based on place of service, length of service etc.,
- Worked on PC SAS to open the sas programs and modify and test the programs. Used extensively Oracle SQL to query and manipulate and analyze the data.
- Worked on advanced Data Manipulation techniques i.e., Renaming of variables, arrays, generating multiple datasets in a Data Step, converting Character to numeric and vice versa, lag variables etc.,
Environment: SAS 9.1, Windows, Oracle 9.1, JCL, Health Connect/Clarity, Teradata, Mainframe, SAS Macros.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Sr. SAS Programmer/Analyst
- Provided technical support on SAS Programs.
- Involved in data manipulation.
- Used extensively SAS I/O methods to create sas datasets.
- Involved in providing the adhoc reports/data requests to different departments.
- Responsible for generating monthly, weekly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Involved in training personnel in SAS and Oracle.
- Worked on Pivot Tables/Charts.
- Imported and exported the data to the Access database.
- Worked on ODS to produce the monthly, quarterly reports on the web.
- Primarily worked on PC SAS to modify the SAS programs and create the Excel sheets.
- Worked on Mainframe to extract the SAS datasets and exported to Unix/DOS environment.
- Worked on data manipulation techniques i.e., setting and merging multiple datasets, formatting etc., Worked on extensively data analysis.
- Worked on SAS Graph to view the results.
Environment: Mainframe, Oracle 9.1, SAS 9.1, Windows XP, Toad 9.0, Excel 2002, PGP, MS Access 2003, SAS ODS, SAS Graph, SAS Macros
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked on crucial projects that involved redesigning of the programs from scratch.
- Ran numerous SAS programs (Audit) to make sure the data preparation is done properly.
- Wrote numerous shell scripts to interact with SAS programs.
- Involved in data manipulation.
- Involved extensively in Data validation using Proc FREQ, MEANS.
Environment: SAS, HP-UNIX/AIX, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Interactive SAS, Oracle 10.1