- To obtain a position as a senior programmer/analyst utilizing my extensive experience working in mainframe environments using COBOL, JCL, SAS and SQL while contributing towards organizational goals.
- COBOL 370, JCL, PC/Mainframe SAS, SQL, Visual Basic.
- Z/OS, TSO - ISPF, DB2, SPUFI, NDM, CHANGEMAN, ENDEAVOR, RDz
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio.
- AQT DB2 tool
- Six Sigma Greenbelt
Senior Programmer Analyst
- An indepth analysis of the existing software and file systems
- Breaking down and documenting each COBOL program to see what they are doing and and how they are performing the tasks. This is essential for formulating the plan to create thenew system that we will be creating.
- Breaking down and mapping the flow for each job in the jobstream, documenting thesteps in the jobs, what they do, input files and output files. This is essential to understand the current system formulate the new solution.
- Modified MCP software depending on project requirements and data mapping to processLoans going from selling clients to buying client.
- Created software to produce extracts for bankrupcy and forclosure records from the mainframeto the desktop system.
- Created software to transfer MSP files to a DB2 test system.
Production Management Team Lead
- Supervised all aspects of investigating software and data issues pertaining to theFull Service Dental TRICARE and non-TRICARE batch and online systems.
- Supervised all aspects of creating and implementing COBOL/DB2 software solutionspertaining to the Full Service Dental TRICARE and non-TRICARE batch and online systems.
- Managed the creation, distribution and resolution of a wide variety of Remedy tickets.
- Supervised all aspects of creating and implementing SQL solutions for data corrections
- Held an ADP II clearence from the United States Government.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Team lead responsible for coordinating and implementing regular vendor code updates from Systemware for the XPTR viewing tasks.
- Team lead in a project to convert all of our SAS applications and jobs to SAS v9.x.
- Served as a mentor, trainer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) to junior team members.
- Earned a Six Sigma Design for Six Sigma greenbelt as part of a team that redesigned the method in which tapes are managed, used and ordered minimizing waste. Through this effort the company saved over $1M in subsequent years.
- Designed and built applications to automate maintenance of the user databases for the View Direct and XPTR viewing platforms, greatly reducing the man-hours required to manually manage them, improving the accuracy and increasing the security integrity of the platforms.
- Customized and rewrote COBOL programs to apply the bank standards to the view direct distribution database. This reduced errors and rejects during nightly maintenance by over95%, reducing the need to correct and resubmit maintenance, saving over 100 FTEs andsaving over $50K in CPU costs monthly.
- Maintained, updated and rewrote a large variety of feed files for various credit card and account statement reprints. Converted the SAS modules to COBOL modules which run faster and more efficiently than SAS, while increasing the versatililty of the file feed applications.
- Created a suite of COBOL and SAS jobs designed to gather statistical information on the XPTR and View Direct platforms. This tool was used to statistically show that the department was meeting all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and reflect the volume of data that the team manages. This work eliminated over 100 FTEs by automating SLA monitoring and management.
- Created a system using Visual Basic, mainframe SAS and COBOL to import bank data from an obsolete CD ROM storage system to the View Direct viewing task repository. Acted as Team lead for this project originally estimated to be a 3 year effort and was completed in 7 months.