To create innovate business solutions utilizing the tools of Information Technology.
- Experience in Information Technology using Mainframe and Unix platforms.
- Developed, maintained, tested, implemented, supported applications for over twenty years.
Network/Operating: MVS, OS/390, Unix, Windows
Languages: SAS, Python, COBOL, JCL, Easytrieve, Visual Basic
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, DB2, IMS
Other: CTRL - M, CA7, ChangeMan, HTML, Informatica, VSAM, FTP
- Automation of SAS applications in OS/390 and Unix.
- Extensive use of SQL in extracting and loading data to and from Teradata databases.
- Automated manual processes using Python to stand up HTML pages, query, update and load to Teradata, send email notifications, and transfer files between systems and companies.
- Provided support for legacy COBOL applications.
- Converted Visual Basic/SQL applications to SAS in an automated Unix environment.
- Mainframe support converting variable Federal Reserve datasets to SAS.
- Automation of dozens of backend applications, using JCL, SAS and COBOL II to create dynamic jobstreams for six lines of business with constantly changing layouts.
- This involved creating over fifty jobs and seventy programs.
- The functions ranged from formatting, partitioning, zipping, and transferring critical files to external vendors, to creating, loading and appended tables into Oracle, to the extraction and transfer of vital analytical files, to the emailing of mainframe reports for quality assurance.
- Application programming using COBOL/370 and JCL in creating new interfaces and extracts for a general ledger application involving a major bank conversion effort.
- Application programming using COBOL II, JCL, and SAS.
- Ad-hoc processing of over seventy-five campaigns, involving Small Business, Rewards, Young Adult, and Partnership lines of business.
- Rapid solutions to ad-hoc requests in JCL, SAS, Sort utilities, PC SAS, Excel Visual Basic macros for the analysis and reporting of solicitation information as well as the automation of time consuming tasks.
- Adherence to the quality control processes, producing documentation at critical junctures in the solicitation cycle.
- Developed, maintained, tested, and implemented applications for ten companies using JCL, COBOL/COBOL II, Easytrieve Plus, VSAM, SQL, Visual Basic, SQR, Informatica, MQ Series, FTP, CLIST, CICS, IMS, DB2, and Crystal Reports.
- Assisted in the development and support of multiple Data Warehouse projects using Informatica PowerCenter v5.1.2.
- Developed and implemented an application in Visual Basic for automatically receiving and approving electronic invoices. Processed thousands of invoices a month, saving hours of manual functions.
- Involved in the maintenance and support of applications such as Deposits, Customer Information, ACH, Loans, and Fraud Detection.