- Flexible, customer - focused IT Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Project Manager with twenty years of significant and diverse experience in the Information Technology Industry.
- Career focus and background includes fourteen years of transition of a new disaster recovery accounts to steady state, managing multiple platform disaster recovery plans and disaster recovery data center migrations.
- Successfully directed over 300 exercises with a highly effective success rate. DR planning and testing background includes seven years of telecommute service. Previous DR/BC clients include Health Care, Banking, Energy, Food/Beverage and Transportation. Actual disaster recoveries include the 9/11 and Katrina events.
- Elected as Top Talent by BC Management. Current ACP Colorado Technology Director and InfraGard member.
- Developed, and implemented ABMs disaster recovery planning, which resulted in a highly functional, operational and tested DR program.
- Assume responsibility for all Steady State Disaster Recovery planning efforts
- Lead in performing infrastructure recovery capacity planning coordination with all Confidential IT group
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain comprehensive Disaster Recovery plans and a testing program
- Produce all related documentation and provide training on Disaster Recovery procedures
- Preform audits of existing DR Plans and report to management any improvements required
Senior Disaster Recovery Test Manager
- Provide event leadership through skilled project management in support of customer information technology (IT) recovery events.
- Key responsibilities include compleation of pre-event planning milestones, command and control of the workflow execution process, reporting for the Managed Recovery Program (MRP) / Recovery 2 Cloud (R2C) events and all post-event follow-up responsibilities.
- The Senior Test Manager has direct contact with customers and is responsible for managing to a successful outcome the respective tests that they are involved with by monitoring, communicating and driving progress relative to scope goals and objectives.
Disaster Recovery Manager
- Manage the transition of a new disaster recovery account to steady state disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Planning for necessary Recovery documentations, Reviewing Recovery Plan(s) with various technology tracks supporting and other concern entities in the business environment for the recovery of necessary Business related Information Technology environment.
- Managing Drill exercise(s) Planning and execution; managing true-life recovery during disaster declaration; Reporting and managing incidents during recovery execution.
- Team Management and Stakeholder (Senior Management) Communication are the key responsibilities.
- Conducts Risk assessment of critical technology assets from a Recovery preparedness aspect.
- Recovery Technology solution evaluation with various infrastructure Technology tracks.
- Manages Disaster Recovery Plans Review periodically and on-need-basis.
- Manages Updates of Disaster Recovery Plans
- Drill Planning co-ordination, execution and management with all participants.
- On-going Recovery Infrastructure Monitoring, Readiness and Preparedness Review management.
- Disaster Recovery Management Processes definition and Enhancements
- Perform true-life Recovery management during disaster declaration
Disaster Recovery Manager
- Employer Liaison Committee Member
- Volunteer participation in weekly Confidential ‘NoCoNet’ Employer Liaison Committee team meetings
- Work with local businesses to promote engagement with NoCoNet
- Coordinate participation in ‘speed interviewing’ at weekly NoCoNet meetings
- Interface with local recruiting firms to coordinate speed interviews at NoCoNet job fairs
- Continually reach out to local employers to maintain a talent pool of experienced Northern Colorado professionals
Disaster Recovery Transition Lead / Disaster Recovery Coordinator, Project Manager
- Manage transition of new disaster recovery accounts to steady state disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Transition and consolidation of large healthcare disaster recovery data centers including Network Security, Telecommunications, Mainframe, Midrange, and Storage infrastructure environments
- Obtain required technical resources for disaster recovery preplanning and testing
- Create technical recovery guides in preparation for transition to steady state project management
- Convert client timelines to IBM format
- Transition technical planning meetings between client and IBM resources
- Managed initial pretest planning meetings and disaster recovery exercises
- Utilize LDRPS, Living Disaster Recovery Planning System, to create disaster recovery documentation
Disaster Recovery Manager
- Enhanced Entitlement Customer Service Representative
- Manage customer entitlement and support of IBM client hardware maintenance plans.
- Identify potential inventory issues for assigned accounts.
- Process EE account reports and perform appropriate adds, moves and changes.
- Create weekly Summary, Responsible Party and Detailed level reports to be distributed to team members.
- Monitor EE account progress and highlight pervasive issues to the Project Office
Service Delivery Manager Disaster Recovery Coordinator
- Created disaster recovery plan management and support of 13 clients valued annually at $1,500,000. Wrote detailed client disaster recovery plans.
- Utilized project management skills, scheduled and chaired all pretest planning sessions with multiple platform IBM and client skill sets.
- Conducted post test meetings to fine-tune future exercises.
- Conducted 10-15 disaster recovery client exercises annually with a highly effective success rate.
- Developed a remote testing environment that simulated actual disaster recovery processes and eliminated IBM and client travel to remote test facilities.
- Partnered with IBM project executives and clients to update and maintain business continuity disaster recovery contracts.
- Facilitated monthly meetings with IBM technical resources to manage and maintain client production equipment.