- Innovative, quality-driven Senior SAS Project Leader, Consultant, Developer and Software Tester with over 16 years experience directing program development, data warehousing, validation/test analysis and training initiatives in highly competitive market environments. Pivotal resource for diverse banking, healthcare, insurance and retail organizations, such as Wellpoint, Bristol Myers Squibb, United Health Group, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Target, Johnson Johnson, Peoples Bank, Boston Public Health Commission, General Electric, Boehringer Ingelheim, State of Connecticut and Pfizer. Broad expertise includes SAS Internet products SAS Medicaid/Medicare development Certified Clinical Data Manager trained in GCP, GLP, GMP and 21CFR Part 11. Hold an MBA degree in Operations and AS in Computer Science.
- Effective project manager, facilitator and communicator with a sound understanding of overall business objectives, and the skilled use of technology to achieve them.
- Recognized for exemplary dedication, going well beyond job scope. Assume complete ownership of all projects, with a strong commitment to quality and client satisfaction.
- Proactive problem solver, devising solutions that fully support the bottom line and long-range goals. Catalyst for continuous improvement who readily adapts to evolving business and technology challenges.
- Career highlights include:
- United HealthGroup: Uncovered over 100MM in additional claims with improved crosswalk coding techniques. Also built a data warehouse for regularly used data with high-speed access capabilities.
- Boehringer Ingelheim: Played pivotal role in the FDA market acceptance of a new drug, by developing/implementing analytical datasets that streamlined NDA submissions.
- State of CT: Built multiple critical systems Web-based SAS Clinical Information Client System, Online Claims reporting and more , slashed the number of SAS programs from 1000 to 100, report turnaround time from weeks to seconds and cut data gathering/repeat problem resolution time from 6 reduced weeks to 5 hours.
- General Electric: Championed creation of a Consolidated Service desk, reducing call costs by 7 , producing an annual cost-savings of 150K and dramatically improving customer satisfaction.
- Kendle International: Drove 16-office, 4-country data conversion project to on-time completion, directing 10 developers, 4 IT/Helpdesk technicians, 2 statisticians and 260 validation testers
- Platforms: Windows XP/2000/NT, Sun/Solaris, UNIX, VAX, Mini IBM Mainframes
- Software: SAS 9.2/8.2 with Enterprise Guide/SAS 6.12 on UNIX for Legacy Systems BASE SAS, Macros, SQL, ODS, Proc Tabulate, Proc Reports, Analysis Datasets , SAS via Citrix with Exceed, MiniTAB for Statistics, Dataflex, AutoSys, Visual Basic, VGA, Cognos, Oracle Clinical SAS Connect , Oracle Forms, MS Office 2000/Pro/Access/Word/Project/PowerPoint, JMP, SQL, SPDS, COBOL II PC COBOL, FORTRAN, BASIC Interaction
- Hardware: Cisco Routers, Hubs, Switches, UPS, LAN/Client/Server Wiring Installs, A , Network
CONSULTING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
PAREXEL/Principal SAS Programmer
Transferred 73 studies data per week for SOCSPRO and CSDW after QC to our client, created 44 offline listings, reduced late transfers by 85 , created 44 datasets for the listings and created 20 specifications. Showed excellent communication skills and finished all trainings on time. Systems used include SAS 9.2, Citrix, Unix and Enterprise Guide. Worked remotely.
- Skillfully wrote 32 SAS programs from scratch, working remotely.
- Created 32 datasets and successfully completed 42 courses for this Pharma company.
- confidential Anthem Blue Cross of Connecticut /Business Information Developer SAS :
- Extracted data from Teradata using SAS Enterprise Guide to create insurance datasets that enable users to create reports.
- Solely developed SAS Enterprise Guide projects.
- Collaborated harmoniously with other remote team members in a UNIX environment to complete projects.
- Frequently worked extra hours to ensure projects are delivered on time.
Consultant, Clinical Data Studies
- Collaborated with team of developers/statisticians in Connecticut/India and a Manager in Belgium to create over 100 programs for latest BMS clinical study 901 , and from them deliver 100 tables and listings on schedule. Additionally built 100 validation programs needed by the customer in Belgium to verify the tables and listings. Matched this effort in 6 earlier clinical studies each program and its matching validation program took over 16 team hours to complete.
- Created 300 listings and tables production runs weekly and loaded them to the Web server for Clinical Data Managers/Medical Monitors to review. Took initiative to organize these tables/listings into drivers , enabling easy mass production.
- Took full ownership of projects, often staying late to guarantee all work was delivered on time.
- Leveraged team leadership skills to ensure diverse group worked cohesively and faster, smarter, leaner .
- Recognized for contributions through consistent renewals every 6 months for 2 years.
- SAS Developer Created SAS programs, drivers and macros for antiviral clinical tables and listings.
- confidential/business Analyst: Built and led team to develop a marketing Website, designed to measure defect rates of packaging materials during the printing process. Analyzed the data using Six Sigma to show the Delta E value during printing. Developed MinTAB/Design Expert skills to aid in analysis.
SAS Developer/Business Analyst: Created MEDICAID and MEDICARE SAS data programs on an AS400/IBM system to improve processing of a series of HELPSTAR claims requests. Wrote HEDIS/regular specifications, test plans and data dictionaries as well as designing layouts.
Built more efficient datasets and reports for presales analytics modeling and MEDSTATS to replace firm's ECR Summary Reports, using SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Uncovered over 100MM in additional claims with improved crosswalk coding techniques.
- Created a data warehouse for regularly used data with high-speed access capabilities.
- BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD/SAS and Business Objects Developer: Successful in building Data Warehouses in SAS on an AIX/IBM mainframe, as well as Business Objects for Claims, Provider, Pharmacy, Members and other subset tables. Provided training in SAS for BC/BS employees.
- confidential SAS PROGRAMMER created SAS datasets from DB2 tables using TSO ISPF on an IBM Mainframe, downloaded via CPORT FTP CIMPORT to SAS 9.1.3 on the PC uploaded portions of the data to ACCESS and EXCEL for management review of medical event/claim procedures and pharmaceutical data. Also performed SAS XML, SQL via DATASTAGE, UDB with AIX. Wrote some initial Java scripts, worked with VISIO, Project Management Software and Statistics.
Administrator: Ensured reliable operations for the largest US SAS marketing system.
SAS Senior Developer: As SAS Data Warehouse Manager, created an analysis dataset monthly for 25 actuaries and 20 outside extracts for companies and agencies.
SAS-VMS-Excel Developer: Skillfully updated 50 programs in the actuarial system, adding 8 more years of premium, loss, expense and reporting capability via expanded do loops and arrays. Also tested and implemented the programs into the existing system.
Developed Edit Check programs on SAS/Linx to support a critical program for the Center for Disease Control. The resulting statistics were placed on the Internet via SAS IntrNet using Java scripts to create a graphic format. Built SAS Analysis datasets for Hospital Directors.
Consumer Finance Division/SAS Data Warehousing Consultant/SAS Instructor:
- Played central role in maintaining a 600-million-row SAS data warehouse. Performed Helpdesk development and instruction for vertical Consumer and Collections run teams.
- Spearheaded creation of Consolidated Service Desk, reducing the cost per call by 7 . Resulted in an annual saving of 150K while significantly increasing the level of customer satisfaction.
- Developed effective SAS Helpdesk applications and fixes. Resolved ticket problems for over 7,000 programs in production, Excel input files or in build. Tickets included bad data/logic problems, SAS licensing issues, SQL, Macros, Excel csv, SPDS/Oracle or connection problems.
- Delivered intensive 10-week classroom training/instruction in SAS BASE, Macro SQL and SPDS using SameTime/PowerPoint and teleconferencing connections for 5 offshore locations.
- Prevented major data warehouse server crash by expediting renewal of 6 expiring SAS licenses.
- Slashed open ticket aging from 65 hours/week to 35 hours/week in only 10 weeks, by providing SAS knowledge and skills. Process was adopted as an enterprise standard.
Provided SAS development for Phase III Anti-Viral, Respiratory and Heart Clinical Data reporting via a centralized system. Created SAS applications to retrieve Oracle database records, as well as SAS PROC Tabulate, PROC FREQ, PROC Means, PROC Sort PROC Reporting.
Developed analytical datasets for NDA submissions, resulting in FDA acceptance of a drug to market.
SAS Validation Analyst
- Directed/executed the validation planning, scripting, testing and reporting using IQ, OQ and PQ for a Web-based SAS upgrade. Reported to the Regulatory Director.
- Validated New Medical Terms Reporting System Oracle and Medical System on VAX/Alpha platform.
- Authored SAS 8.2 validation plan and validation scripts, using FDA 21 CFR Part 11 structure.
- Successfully implemented software validation for SAS Version 8.2 upgrade prevented serious damage to SAS datasets from incorrect macro and Proc Report SAS code upgrades.
- Resolved 1096 PC issues with 98 client satisfaction rating and 95 compliance with SLA requirements.
- Clinical Data Manager Intern-evenings
- Completed all 12 CDM modules of a Phase III Hypertension study for CDM Certification at the University of Connecticut, taught by Pfizer CDM employees. Developed CDM plans and designed CRF database. Created Access Databases with Excel Csv inputs and SAS datasets.
PERMANENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Technical Services Manager
- Led 16-office, 4-country QC data conversion project, managing 10 developers SAS, C , Informix, VB , 4 IT/Helpdesk technicians, 2 statisticians and 260 validation testers using IQ, OQ and PQ.
- Launched a 21 CRF Part 11 security and tracking/versioning system.
- Developed State Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services online claims reporting system to retrieve client records and create SAS PROC tabulate tables, PROC FREQ, PROC Means, PROC Report and Chi Square reporting for Phase III and IV studies.
- Made modifications to Connecticut State Lottery program that eliminated over 30 hours per week in time required for data gathering and repeat problem resolution. Built Dataflex customer service, marketing, inventory control, management and accounting report programs for the Connecticut State Lottery.
- Deployed a user-friendly, Web-based SAS Clinical Information Client System, reducing SAS programs from 1000 to 100. Centralized report request process, cutting turnaround time from weeks to seconds.
- Saved the day at the Connecticut State Lottery on a Friday when discovered water all over that caused the servers to crash. Resolved problem restored system, enabling key promotion to run that weekend.
COBOL Developer/Assistant Test Manager
- Certificates: SAS BASE/SAS Macros/SAS Procs, Clinical Data Management University of Connecticut, included SAS 8.2, Statistics, Medical Terminology and 12 modules of progressive Clinical Data Management Plan development skills , Production Inventory Management, A Network Computer Software and Hardware Repair plus Network Installation , COBOL Programming/JCL/Assembler
- Courses: Lean Enterprise, ISO13485, Leadership in the 21st Century, Six Sigma Black Belt, ISO 9000, AS Internal Auditor, ACCESS