Seeking a challenging position where my twenty - six years of programming, analysis, financial, and statistical experience will make a significant contribution to the organization. Work towards expanding my understanding and responsibility in the operation and management of the business. Leverage my SAS Business Intelligence experience in providing timely and meaningful data to the organization.
Languages/Applications: SAS (26) Includes base and macro language in batch/interactive on Unix, PC, and Mainframe. Multi-dimensional modeling. ETL activities from most formats. 13 years with Version 9. Base, OLAP Studio, Metadata Server, Management Console, Web Report Studio, Information Delivery Portal, SAS OLAP Server, Web OLAP Viewer for Java, Data Integration Studio, MDX, SAS Stored Process Server. Extensive experience with SAS SQL, Report, ODS, AF, SCL, Graph, STAT, EIS, AppDev Studio, IntrNet, MDDB. Treasurer/presenter - North TX SAS User Group.
Platforms: Unix (19) PC (26, on various operating systems) MVS/TSO/ISPF/JCL
Confidential, Irving, TX
Model Data Support Programmer/Analyst
- Manage, assemble, cleanse and prepare data for scoring model development.
- Streamline and automate model data procurement processes.
- Produce/distribute data repositories, analytical datasets, reports and dashboards on commercial loan and lease portfolios.
- Work with risk and business analysts to design, develop, and deliver reports/analytic datasets using both base SAS and the SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence Suite of tools including SAS GRID.
- Create compliant and auditable business processes to support on-going reporting and analytic requirements.
- Work with IT to collect correctly defined risk/business data using SAS tools for efficiency.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Contract Data Scientist
- Designed and developed a prototype database schema with ETL in Microsoft Access which defined several fact tables that would then be used for reporting/analytics/modeling.
- Also used Microsoft VBA, Power BI, R, and Visio to plan and develop this internal solution.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked on refactoring, generalizing, and adding some additional standards to an application in the first stages of development.
- Pushed down current SAS 9.2 AIX Unix platform business rules into native IBM Netezza in-database SQL to maximize processing from the GUI front-end parameters that define what data and/or reporting requirements are being requested from different roles of users.
- Designed and implemented the security model in Windows, Linux, and Unix. Optimized processing which is commonly in the billions of rows.
- Adding generalized error-trapping procedures to enforce a robust level of processing that will be easily maintainable.
- Utilized compiled macros to hide the implementation and access to sensitive data requirements.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Worked as an Oracle developer on a Unix platform in all aspects of ETL, standardization, database design in support of Marketing and Analytics (scorecard) groups.
- Bridged/eased the gap between Oracle and the main clientele of SAS users.
- Standardize business rules and table schema in the Oracle and SAS environments.
- Used ksh, sql*ldr, sql plus, Trillium, Control-M, Datafuse, ftp, sftp, and wget to automate processing and data feeds. Worked with automating/synchronizing (the Unix Oracle environment with the SAP CCS/BW environments. Created best practices standards for SAS pass thru querying into Oracle.
- Created a MS Access/VB client application to enable Marketing analysts to live update production Oracle tables with appropriate audit, control, edit, security, constraint, index, keys, and trigger attributes to eliminate a manually intensive process plagued with issues, risks, problems, and missed deadlines with a enterprise critical process.
- Redesigned an existing database that would be properly normalized and generalized to making adding data feeds a “none event”.
- Generalized and automated additional vendor response processing of door-to-door and telemarketing processing.
- Setup and automated sftp services and processes.
- Supported several SAS groups with questions/issues.
- Extended the functionality of an existing SAS SCL/AF application by utilized PowerShell 2.0.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked on developing a process based on an existing Excel spreadsheet.
- Moved the presentation and controlled input into HTML and using AJAX to connect to SAS Stored Processes Web Application on Linux to apply business rules, recalculation, versioning, undo functionality, and audit trails.
- Spin versions of the legacy formatted spreadsheet out to the WebDav Content server as required for ultimate consumption by an executive committee.
- Consulting group on Multi-Dimensional modeling, Web Report Studio, OLAP Studio, MDX, and the SAS 9.2 Business Intelligence platform are just some components utilized.
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
- Worked on developing, enhancing, and automating marketing ETL, reporting and analyses using SQL Server, SAS, MS Access, SFTP, and VB.
- Turned a very manual desk into almost no manual intervention necessary.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Enhanced, maintained, and automated an internet website that delivered a dashboard, lookup, and drillable reporting on prescription data for internal and external clients.
- Migrated from v8 to v9 BI platform.
- Used OLAP Studio, Metadata Server, Management Console, Web Report Studio, Information Delivery Portal, OLAP Cube Studio, Web OLAP Viewer for Java, and DI Studio.
- Masked the v8 functionality in v9 while supporting the older platform until cut-over.
- V8 platform supported included MDDB, JSP, HTML, Java, XML, web services, and custom SAS Java classes on an Apache/Tomcat/Linux platform to present SAS IntrNet/OLAP applications to 600+ internet users.
- Streamlined the ETL process with DI Studio and Schedule Manager.
Confidential, Roseville, MN
- Worked on easing contention issues on backend Unix processes on .Net web SAS IntrNet applications.
- Modified SAS file layouts for the interfaces with the vendor software upgrade of Sungard OmniPlus 5.5.
- Tuned common Unix architecture macro modules for automation across platforms (dev, qa, prod) and to dynamically query the environment to eliminate the need for hard codes.
- Used Version 9 Base, Metadata Server, Management Console and Data Integration Studio. in preparation for the SAS version 9 conversion.
- Defined the metabase for the version 9 BI platform.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Automating the sourcing of People Soft GL hierarchy tables in Unix to standardize reporting.
- Automated/ enhanced an existing enterprise status report application.
- Created control/exception reports to add to application robustness.
- Developed and supported OLAP cubes with their corresponding web applets.
- Used SCL/AF/IntrNet/EIS to create/mod several intranet applications.
- Used SQL to perform Cartesian joins for weighted average rankings for a matching routine.
- Worked with the Data Warehouse team on the schema design.
- Performed/coordinated/resolved annual web DR/COB/Hack for the intelligence platform.
- Advised on SAS Credit Scoring to a sister group.