- Certified SAS Programmer with 9 years of programming experience with SAS 8.2, 9.0, 9.1.3, 9.2, 9.3 in Mainframe, Windows and UNIX Environments.
- Extensive programming experience in BASE/SAS, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACROS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/EG
- Experienced in Base SAS procedures such as PROC FREQ, MEANS, SUMMARY, UNIVARIATE, FORMAT, IMPORT, EXPORT, REPORT, TABULATE, TRANSPOSE, DATASETS, COPY, PRINT and SQL.
- Possess extensive knowledge in SAS BI tools like SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE, SAS ENTERPRISE MINER, SAS INFORMATION STUDIO.
- Performed Data management like Merging, concatenating, interleaving of SAS datasets using MERGE and SET statements in DATA step and PROC SQL.
- Experienced in using SAS to read, write, import and export to other data file formats, including delimited files, Microsoft Excel, Access files.
- Worked in the domains HealthCare, Pharmaceuticals and Insurance.
- Worked Primarily for Medicare and Medicaid in HealthCare.
- Involved in Phase I, Phase II, Phase III of Clinical Trials and has working knowledge of Phase IV.
- Has great understanding and working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR Part 11), eCTD and FDA regulations.
- Highly knowledgeable of Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) Version 2 and 3, SDTM, ADaM and International Conference of Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Has knowledge of Integrated Summaries of Efficacy (ISE) and Integrated Summaries Safety (ISS)
- Experienced at preparing reusable components and SAS Macros for automation of the application
- Has thorough knowledge in Statistical Analysis Linear Regression, Descriptive Statistics, Factorial ANOVA, Regression Analysis, etc.
- Strong experience in developing Test Plans, use cases, Test cases using requirements and design documents while specifying Testing Overview, Approach, Strategy, Scope, Roles and Responsibilities.
- Experience includes establish strategic direction, methodologies and procedures for testing.
- Experienced in Mainframes Z/OS environment with COBOL, JCL, VSAM, GSAM, Confidential DB/DC, DB2, MQ series.
- Worked with various Databases like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, Confidential DB, SQL SERVER and Teradata.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL.
- Very knowledgeable with tools like ENDEVOR, XPEDITER, File - Aid, QMF, SPUFI.
- Has a strong ability to interact with business knowledge experts to understand, and in some cases help define business functional needs
- Has the ability to work as a team as well as to perform individually
- Has exceptional problem solving skills for delivering useful and prudent solution. A quick learner with an eye for detail and excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-starter and good team player.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Unix, Windows NT/2000/2003 Server/XP/Vista, OS/390
Languages: COBOL, VS COBOL II, JCL, VB, C, C++, JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX SHELL SCRIPTING, HTML SCRIPTING, JAVA SCRPTING.
SAS Tools: Base SAS, MACROS, ACCESS, SQL, GRAPH, ODS, SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE, SAS ENTERPRISE MINER, SAS INFORMATION STUDIO.
Database: Oracle,Sybase,DB2, Confidential DB, VSAM, GSAM,MS Access
OLTP: CICS, Confidential DC, TELON
Mainframe Tools: File-Aid, Endevor, JCL, QMF, SPUFI, Xpediter
Utilities: TSO, ISPF, IBM Utilities.
Domains: Insurance, Health Care and Pharmaceutical
Other Skills: Team Leading, Reviews, test planning and conducting vertical audits
Senior SAS Analyst/Medical Economic Analyst
- Attend the business meetings to understand the requirements specific to a LOB.
- Review the meetings and do the GAP analysis and finally come up with Requirement Specifications document.
- Coordination with the Project management to come up with the Project Plan for the Project.
- Analysis includes identifying eligible providers, eligible claims, applying exclusion specific for LOB and Calculating the ACA pricing for the eligible billing codes.
- Further Analysis to validate the fields and tables to do the data pull from SYBASE/ORACLE.
- Libname Oracle/Sybase Engine, SQL Pass through facility to pull the data from the database.
- Optimizing the Proc SQL to write the efficient queries while pulling large data from the DB to reduce the execution time.
- Input from and output to external excel files using SAS/ACCESS for PC file formats.
- Performed data manipulation like Merging, Interleaving, Combining sas datasets and used various sas functions and procedures during transformation of data fields.
- Used Reporting procedures like PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, and DATA NULL to create reports to be sent out to the provider groups.
- Wrote Macros to automate the Quarterly creation of payment files for some of the LOBs.
- Prepare the payment file to go in to FACETS system and PDF reports to be mailed to the Providers.
- Load the payment files in to the FACETS system to implement the enhanced rate payment to the providers.
- Implement the ACA payment process in Retroactive payment methodology and Ongoing Payment methodology
Environment: SAS 9.2, SAS EG 4.3/5.1, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACRO, SYBASE, ORACLE, Windows 7
Senior SAS Programmer/SAS Lead
- Participation in the meetings with SMEs to gather high level requirements for the projects.
- Analyzing the requirements and preparing the high level and low level design documents.
- Worked on large datasets of pharmaceutical drug data from various pharmacies.
- Writing SAS programs using PC SAS to do data transformations, validations of the data and to generate sas reports.
- Create summary reports and graphs to the users.
- Worked on adhoc requests to change the existing sas code and macros
- Worked on standardizing and productionising the existing sas jobs using cybermation scheduler in Mainframe environment.
- Coded and modified the existing COBOL programs.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to call SAS programs.
Environment: SAS 9.2, SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACRO, Windows xp, UNIX, OS/390, COBOL, JCL.
- Responsible for developing SAS programs for the analysis of the data following the information stated in Analysis Plan.
- Worked with various Medicare claims files like Inpatient, Outpatient, Prescription drug,
- Physician for CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) which were 5% random samples drawn with out replacement.
- Created Comparative effectiveness research public use files (CER-PUF) and deliver the Medicare claims files in the de identified form to CMS which will be useful to the public for comparative effectiveness research.
- Performing Risk Analysis on the PUF datasets combined with the re-identification.
- Using HIPAA standards set for protecting PHI (Protected Health information) for de-identification of the PUF datasets so that the information available to researchers is not IIHI(individually identifiable health information).
- Estimating the identification risk, conducting Re-identification analysis by using inside and outside intrusion after safe harbor treatment.
- Reading data from the external source files such as Comma separated files, mainframe files (EBCDIC) and tab delimited files.
- Created reports using ODS into formats such as RTF, HTML and ODS TAGSETS to create XLS, XML.
- Interpreting and summarizing the analytical findings.
- Identifying the data sources to develop the Voluntary disenrollment measure from CMS’ databases such as Medicare beneficiary Database (MBD), Enrollment Database (EDB) .
- Worked on the SAS code to develop the measure of voluntary disenrollment for Part C and part D and SAS code to identify the involuntary disenrollment.
- Extensively worked on UNIX scripting.
- Worked on part D report Card analyses to produce the star rating values for all the contracts that offer Part D coverage.
- Working on SAS code to import the CME (Common Medicare Environment) data to SAS from EBCDIC format (extracted from Mainframes) and develop the measures for monitoring the Administrative functions.
Environment: SAS 9.2, SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACRO, Windows xp.