- Over 7 years of Experience in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and support as a SAS programmer/analyst with profound experience in finance and insurance industries
- Thorough experience in SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACROS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS/EG and SAS/ETL Studio
- Expertise in using various SAS report generating procedures like PROC REPORT, PROC FORMAT, PROC GPLOT, PROC COMPARE, PROC EXPORT, PROC SQL, PROC SUMMARY, PROC IMPORT, PROC UNIVARIATE , PROC TRANSPOSE and PROC CPORT
- Excellent command in analyzing data and producing reports by employing various SAS Procedures and modifying existing SAS programs and creating new SAS programs using SAS techniques
- Extensive experience in creating SAS Datasets and manipulating the data for the preparation of reports, tables, listings and graphs
- Thorough hands - on experience in using SAS/ODS to generate different files including XML, RTF, MS Excel, PDF and HTML
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Linear Regression, Cluster Analysis, Decision Tree Analysis and ANOVA in financial applications
- Through knowledge in SAS Programming, Preparing Data, Producing Reports, Validating Reports, SAS Formats, Storing and Managing Data in SAS Files
- Thorough work knowledge of using ODBC to connect SAS System with relational database management systems to retrieve data and create SAS datasets
- Extensive experience in developing routine codes with SAS Macro facility
- In depth Knowledge of Web Intelligence Studio, Customer Intelligence Studio
- Experience in importing data from flat files, and exporting data to excel and CSV files by using Proc Import and Proc Export respectively
- Excellent programming skills in developing programs to increase the performance and efficiency of SAS programs and importing, extracting and loading the data into various servers like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 with specific bulk load techniques
- Generated reports using PROC Report and DATA NULL for customized report writing
- Possess excellent skills with PROC SQL, SAS DDE, SAS Arrays, SAS/ Base procedures, summary procedures and especially Data Step programming and reporting
- Thorough knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office tools like MS Access, MS word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and Visio and UNIX shell scripting
- Proven skills in Data Cleansing, Data Migration, ad-hoc reporting and coding utilizing SAS on UNIX, Windows
- Strong Knowledge in advanced analytics and Text and Data mining Techniques
- Highly motivated, Organized Team player with excellent analytical, communication and leadership skills
SAS Skills: SAS v9.1, v9.2, v9.3, v8.0, SAS/BASE, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/Graph, SAS/STAT
Design Tools: MS Office 97/2000/XP, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Word
Environment: SAS 8.x, SAS 9.0, SAS 9.1.3, SAS 9.2, SAS 9.3, Base SAS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/SQL, SAS/ACCESS, Customer Intelligence Studio, SAS Enterprise Guide, Web report Studio, SAS IDP,SAS Warehouse and Windows, UNIX
Additional Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Database: Oracle11g, Teradata, DB2
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Sr. SAS Programmer/Analyst
- Frequent interaction with credit risk monitoring team and was involved in implementation of credit risk analysis reporting system based on data management principles, such as joining data set, indexing, data aggregation, record selection, creation and modification of views and accessing multiple databases
- Created customized reports to help client provide in understanding risk and accordingly perform better customer selection and customer satisfaction.
- Efficiently used various SAS tools like SAS/BASE, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL to develop and process the call plan and the reports generated by Excel VBA macro for the entire Sales Force.
- Automated various QC reports by using the SAS tools namely SAS/STAT, SAS/MACRO and SAS/GRAPH and outputs generated on Excel
- Worked with these SAS functions PROC STAT, PROC PRINT, MERGING, MACROS, PROC SQL, SAS Import and Export, NODUPKEY, PROC Compare
- Used SAS/MACRO facility to create macros for statistical analysis, results, data extraction, querying and reporting using PROC SQL
- Produced efficient large datasets by combining individual datasets using various inner and outer joins in SAS/SQL and dataset merging techniques of SAS/BASE
- Design, Process flow diagrams and developed the Targeting and Sampling by creating various SAS Macros and SAS Formats to use across the systems
- Extensive usage of PROC SQL, PROC Report, PROC Freq, PROC Tabulate, PROC Transpose to generate monthly reports
- Provided Code review at the client site to improve the performance and efficiency of using the resources
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/EG, MS Excel, Oracle 11g
Confidential, Collegeville, PA
Sr. SAS Programmer/Analyst
- Extracted and converted data from one platform to another to be used for further analysis. (From Oracle and Excel to SAS) by using SAS SQL procedures and create SAS data sets.
- Worked with data to create and automate SAS programs for Insurance Coverage Report, Health Insurance Report Cards, Safety and control area, Child Health Report Card County Data, Employment based health insurance and Employer-based health insurance costs
- Proficiently used SAS procedures like PROC SQL to extract data from different relational database management systems and used SQL Assistant to analyze and query from the Teradata database
- Performed Data Cleansing widely during the ETL ’s Extraction and Loading Phase by analyzing the raw data and writing SAS Programs and creating complex reusable Macros
- Extensively u s ed various procedures such as PROC FREQ, PROC PRINT, PROC MEANS, PROC TABULATE and PROC UNIVARIATE.
- Extracted source files from various databases using different informats, applied business rules and programming logic and transformed them to various new datasets and uploaded them back to databases.
- Created Reports in RTF, PDF and HTML style format using SAS/ODS
- Performed ad-hoc queries and provided customized reports based on longitudinal databases according to internal and external requests using SAS.
- Maintained large data sets, combined data from various sources in varying formats to create SAS data sets.
- Performed data conversions, data valida tion and corrections, uploading/downloading data. Extensively used Data Null techniques for producing highly formatted and customized reports
- Used SAS Data Step logics to starts Sort, Merge, Stack, Update and Interleave datasets for producing required analysis of data and used SAS Business Intelligence to produce required Reports
- Performed data Analysis, mainly using Regression and ANOVA (PROC REG, PROC ANOVA, PROC GLM)
- Performed Statistical Analysis, generated reports, listings and Graphs using SAS tools
- Created pie charts using PROC G chart and displayed tables containing information from SAS datasets on the website
Environment: SAS 9.2, SAS ETL, SAS/Access, Teradata, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ODS, SAS/STAT, SAS/CONNECT, Microsoft Office, UNIX
- Performed data analysis and statistical analysis using SAS/Base, SAS Macro and other procedures like Proc freq, Proc Univariate and Proc Means
- Successfully used SAS/STAT to perform analysis of variance, multivariate analysis of variance, and repeated analysis of variance
- Extracted data from various database sources like Oracle using Proc SQL pass through facility and SAS/ACCESS libname statements
- Utilized SAS PROC SQL Pass through facility for data extraction, location and retrieval from the database
- Created complex and reusable Macros and extensively used existing macros and developed SAS Programs for Data Cleaning, Validation, Analysis and Report generation. Tested and debugged existing macros
- Used SAS procedures (FREQ, SUMMARY), SAS functions and user defined macros to test the accuracy and validity of data
- Effectively used many SAS functions like SCAN, SUBSTR, TRIM and applied strategic logic on data using INTCK, INTNX, SUM, SQRT, STD and VAR
- Used Dynamic Data Exchange and Proc Import for inputting data from Excel sheets
- Solved complex issues and implement solutions to enhance productivity, improve quality and customer satisfaction
- Generated output files in text format, CSV, HTML & PDF format using SAS ODS
- Performed Data validation, data integrity and data profiling on the data
Environment: SAS v9, Oracle, SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS BI, Teradata, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, Windows XP, UNIX
- F inancial data from the database is extracted using SAS/Access, SAS SQL, SAS/Connect, SAS Procedure and create SAS permanent data sets in SAS library.
- Creating SAS Views from tables in Database using SAS/Access, and analyze data.
- Write the SAS code and run those data sets to produce necessary financial reports by using SAS/STAT Procedures such as PROC Freq, PROC Tabulate, PROC Univariate, and PROC ANOVA.
- Design of ETL process to meet the requirement of data demand.
- Retrieved the financial data from flat files received from the vendors, convert them into SAS readable format. Make the SAS data sets, analyze data as per given requirement.
- Writing Meta data for important data set before archive into SAS metadata server.
- Extensively used procedures like PROC SQL, PROC PRINT, and PROC SORT etc.
- Performed in-depth quantitative data analysis
- Coded SAS programs with the use of Base SAS and SAS/Macros for ad hoc jobs
- Experience in Advance SQL to extract data from various databases like Oracle
- Experience in Transferring and converting data from one platform to another to be used for further analysis. (From Oracle and Excel to SAS and vice versa)
- Interfaced programs with Oracle databases to provide accurate reporting, archiving, and error handling.
- Performed in-depth quantitative data analysis
- Extensively used procedures like PROC SQL, PROC PRINT, and PROC SORT etc
- Coded SAS programs with the use of Base SAS and SAS/Macros for ad hoc jobs.
Environment: Base SAS v9, SAS/Access, SAS/Connect, SAS/Stat, SAS/Graph, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS, SAS/Macros, SAS/ETL, UNIX SAS, PC SAS, Oracle 9i, DB2, PL/SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, Korn Shell