- 10 years of experience developing and implementing Statistical and Data Mining Models.
- 15 years of experience understanding and solving business requirements through data manipulation.
- Experience assessing and monitoring model performance.
- Deep understanding on the business and the information technology requirements related to life cycle of statistical models.
- Skillfulness implementing statistical models on productive environment.
- Experience and certified by SAS as Statistical Business Analyst and Predictive Modeler covering topics like ANOVA, regression, logistic regression, decision trees, artificial neural networks and measure of model performance.
- Understanding and experience with time series, cross section time series, optimization, extreme value distribution models.
Primary Profile: Statistical Analyst and Data Miner
Hardware: Windows 2003 and older versions, Unix, and Linux
Programming Languages: SAS, R, STATA, Python, Unix
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL, Teradata
Other: S - Plus, IBM-SPSS Clementine, E-Views.
- Data modelling, Business Intelligence. Business development.
- Development of client’s proposals about business analytics and business intelligence needs.
- Design, develop and migrate a data model for the Education Ministry.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR ANALYTICAL MODEL DEVELOPMENT
- Conducted statistical modeling to detect fraud.
- Develop and document risk models to detect fraud on legal receipts.
- The algorithm was developed using SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Coordinate a team to develop monitoring reports to measure analytical models in a production environment.
Tools: SAS Enterprise Guide, Python, R, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Develop and implement Business Analytics Solutions.
- Developed and implemented data mining scoring code from SAS Enterprise Guide on SAS - UNIX. The models were developed in SAS Enterprise Miner and the scoring results were managed in SAS Enterprise Guide
- Supervised the fulfillment of the bank methodology to develop analytical models.
- Developed and implemented model performance assessment reports in SAS model Manager from risk management and commercial areas.
Tool: SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Model Manager, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAP Hana.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR RISK ANALYSIS
- Conducted statistical and econometric modeling to improve the organization’s tax collection mechanisms.
- Developed and documented a risk model to detect misbehavior in the payment of Value Added Tax of Confidential .
- The model was a cross section time series first developed in STATA and then migrated to SAS using PROC GENMOD.
- The errors were used as risk measures to detect those who deviate from the general pattern.
- Created the tax compliance rules for Confidential .
- This is used as a guideline to systematize the audit selection process for transfer pricing, consolidated corporations and governmental entities.
- The rules were developed using SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Coordinated a team of external consultants in the implementation of a Model in SAS Data Integration.
- As a result, it was created a risk management system to evaluate corporation’s tax returns application.
Tools: SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Data Integration, IBM-SPSS Clementine, STATA.
TAX COMPLIANCE ANALYSIS MANAGER
- Executed and documented studies that support tax collection planning and audit selection.
- Formulated a location analysis for Confidential regional offices.
- Proposed a whole new redistribution for offices all over the country.
- The model was developed in R using regression analysis to estimate the revenue collection using distance as an independent variable.
- The coefficient was used to simulate changes on the configuration of the system.
- Developed subprograms to identify companies to be audited. Audit guidelines and execution processes were provided to Confidential local offices.
- The information was handled using STATA and SAS Enterprise Guide.
Tools: SAS Enterprise Guide, STATA, R, Excel.
DERIVATIVES AND RISK ANALYST
- Executed projects to monitor risk management in Mexican mutual fund industry.
- Developed a risk analysis of mutual funds using the cluster analysis technique on R.
- The results were used to evaluate the rating methodology.
- Executed projects in the areas of economics and planning.
- Created the methodology to calculate a sub-national competitiveness index of Mexican states.
- This methodology has been used in several specialized publications.
Tools: R, S-Plus, STATA, SAS, Excel.