Results oriented programmer analyst with over twenty years of progressively responsible experience. A wide variety of applications, languages, systems, and responsibilities contributing to quick adaptation to new environments, languages and applications. Experience in systems programming and software quality providing a broad base from which to draw.
Hardware: IBM 360, 370, 1401, 1620, 3090, 4341, 4381, INTEL Pentium PC, Burroughs L3000, T3500, Honeywell 600, TI 960A, Univac 494, 1107
Languages: APL, ASSEMBLER, CLIST, COBOL, EASYTRIEVE, FORTRAN, JCL, SAS, SQL
Mainframe Software: OS/MVS, UNIX, VM, CICS, CMS, FILEAID, PANVALET, SYNCSORT, TSO/ISPF, VSAM
PC Software: WINDOWS, ACCESS, EXCEL, LOTUS NOTES, OUTLOOK, POWERPOINT, VISIO, WORD
Confidential, Frederick, MD
- Wrote/modified SAS programs that produced daily and monthly reports for use by the Specialty Loss Mitigation group .
- The reports were in the form of Excel workbooks.
- Data was extracted from a database consisting of SAS datasets.
- Used SAS and Enterprise Guide to produce and modify reports for mortgage default.
- Used SAS and Enterprise Guide to enhance reports and correct defects
- Used COBOL and Excel to produce reports.
- Used SAS and SAS/GRAPH to produce reports displaying requested data at District, Branch, or Agent level. Used HTML to create screens used to request customized reports online.
- Wrote SAS programs that produced monthly reports, and for ad hoc reporting, for use by International Markets Membership Rewards program. The reports were generally in the form of Excel spreadsheets and charts delivered as PDF documents.
Confidential, Iowa City, IA
- Wrote SAS code from Detail Design Documents to extract data from Oracle database to produce reports regarding customer reactions to pharmaceutical company s products. Wrote a Detail Design Document for one of the programs I coded, as well as test the script for formal unit testing. And performed code reviews and formal unit testing on other programs using test scripts. Also wrote and tested several utility macros used by the query and report programs that were coded by myself and the other programmers.
- Wrote and modified SAS programs used to extract data from a DB2 database and produce reports and phone lists for call centers. These reports were used, among other things, to track call volume and success rates by time of day. Also helped automate some of the reporting being performed manually.
- Wrote SAS programs to extract data and produce Word documents containing survey results to be used by marketing. The documents were constructed with text constructed by the SAS program and Excel charts produced and inserted under program control, though I didn t write the macros to do this.
- Modified SAS programs that produced monthly reports, and wrote SAS programs for ad hoc reporting, for use by Credit Risk Management. The reports were generally in the form of Excel spreadsheets and charts delivered as PDF documents. Data was extracted from a database consisting of SAS datasets.
- Used Visual Basic and SAS programs to test conversion of credit products for international markets.
- Worked with Data Modeling group to produce reports for use in identifying potential credit risks.
- Used PC SAS to create cover letters, track returns, and process survey data.
- Reports were delivered as Excel spreadsheets or text files converted to HTML.
- Used SAS, COBOL, and DFSORT to produce ad hoc and periodic reports related to patient claims. Reports were mostly by disease category or age/gender, and were delivered as Excel spreadsheets. Reports were used to identify candidates for special managed care programs, identify potential drug interaction problems, and predict resource needs.
- Used SAS and SYNCSORT to produce ad hoc and monthly reports related to customer usage and billing. Reports were delivered as Access tables or Excel spreadsheets.
- Y2K conversion of SAS, COBOL, Easytrieve and Assembler programs.
- Converted SAS programs accessing flat data files on mainframe to run on UNIX RS - 6000 systems accessing ORACLE files. Also wrote a menu using UNIX Shell.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Responsible for maintenance and production support for 800 Commercial Billing System, using COBOL II, SAS, DB2, and CLISTs.
- Other projects included programming to recover over a million dollars in revenue.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Quality Assurance functions for bank projects, including participation in planning and requirements, review of documentation and test procedures, identification of risks, and overall assessment of project status.