- Seventeen years of diverse marketing operations experience, with focus on innovation, automation, and mentorship.
- Unique positioning between technical and marketing users, bridging the technology divide to ensure projects are designed against expectations, but also able to push projects forward and fill gaps with domain knowledge.
- Managed campaign operations teams in agency and offshore service models.
- Highly skilled Confidential Campaign solution engineer. Proficient with other CRM and database marketing tools, including SAS Marketing Automation (SAS CI).and Teradata Relationship Manager (TRM).
- Strong query development (including SQL design) and analytical skills for Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server and Microsoft Access relational databases.
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Access
Unica Technical Consultant
- Leading innovator and solution designer for new optimization projects. Owned transformation efforts to convert selected campaigns from manually built cells, to automated programs with data - driven input from Aprimo MRM.
- Coordinated Unica upgrade project, including ownership for platform QA and release validation.
- Introduced alternative QA techniques - validating requirements directly against final transformed output (instead of only reviewing code and process design) to increase error detection.
- Team resource for Unica platform questions, technical issues or consultation.
Director, Campaign Operations
- Managed agency’s campaign operations capability for leading vacation client, transitioning execution from previous vendor to Confidential in several months.
- Designed transitional documentation and visual campaign briefs to ensure campaign requirements are clearly understood across teams and roles.
- Introduced new contact history model and operational standards to facilitate transition to SAS Marketing Automation. Model accommodates offer variability and analysis not supported with current infrastructure.
- Pioneered enhanced techniques for automated trigger campaigns including query consolidation, singular modification points and reference tables. In one scenario, 100 messages were consolidated into a single statement.
- Developed contact management proof of concept leveraging Unica Optimize. Concept allows client to prioritize planned contacts for a single customer, while accommodating flexibility for last-minute requests.
Sr. Engagement Manager
- Recovered at-risk Unica implementation for grocery retailer; while developing critical functionality including foundational documentation, automated campaign framework and end-user tables to accelerate and simplify campaign development.
- Primary Unica engineer for CPG-facing targeting platform with completely automated selection and targeting control in Unica.
- Mentored client Campaign Operations team in best practices, new functionality direction and existing process refinement. Developed initial documentation and framework for operations team to build upon.
- Supervised campaign management engagement for a Fortune 100 consumer electronics retailer.
- Managed team of Confidential campaign designers in India, greatly increasing the client’s capacity without adding FTE headcount.
- Ensured accurate development and interpretation of campaign requests by providing design guidance and business context to our Confidential and client teams.
- Implemented new procedures and validation to ensure a high-quality output. Redesigned campaign QA processes, significantly reducing error rate during client review.
- Relentlessly searched for opportunities to enhance and streamline both new and recurring projects.
Campaign Operations Manager
- Managed campaign operations capability, including process definition, documentation, quality assurance procedures and training.
- Mentored Confidential India offshore resources assigned to campaign development, including knowledge sharing sessions with both onshore and offshore audiences.
- Directed IT development effort and enhancements for our campaign management platform, Teradata CRM.
- Primary designer for new TCRM campaign concepts, including sophisticated campaigns with behavioral targeting and competitive segmentation testing.
- Modernized contact history data model to support the next generation of highly variable communications.
- Managed small team of campaign developers for multiple business groups. Responsible for overall quality, training, and workload.
- Core project team member selecting Confidential ’s new e-mail service provider.
- Prepared targeted customer lists utilizing Unica Campaign for direct marketing programs, spanning contact channels and initiatives, with a constant focus on automation and efficiency gains.
- Designed and implemented automated daily behavior-based e-mail triggers.
- Bridged data from multiple enterprise data sources for research and customer follow-up programs, including ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Conducted on-site and web-based client training sessions to train credit union users to operate our WebIntelligence-based MCIF system. Developed product documentation and training material for platform.