- Sr. BASE SAS certified professional with over 7 years of extensive experience in SAS Business/Data Analysis and Programming in Healthcare and Financial projects.
- Experienced in working with Base SAS, Statistical Procedures, SAS tools for Business Decision Making, Writing macros, Preparing Reports, and Data Mapping.
- Proficient in requirement collection from clients and processing information to the project team. Proven interpersonal communication and follow - through skills.
- Extensive experience in SAS (9.3, 9.2, 9.1.3, 9.1 versions) Business/data analysis and programming in Windows and UNIX environments.
- Experienced in various phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from planning, requirement analysis, designing, development, testing, implementation and support of projects in production environment.
- Developed new or modified existing SAS programs to load data from the source and created learning specific datasets.
- Strong experience with databases like Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2 and MS Access.
- Expertise in ETL processing on various data sources like Teradata, Oracle, SQL server, MS Excel, MS Access, DB2 and text files using PROC IMPORT, LIBNAME and SQL PASSTHRU facility.
- In Teradata, used SQL extensively for transformations like Aggregate, Filter, Join, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, Expressions, Sequence Generator Transformations. Used debugger to test and fix mapping.
- Extensive experience in using SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL, Excel and SAS/ODS (RTF, PDF, EXCEL, XML) procedures.
- Involved in coding and pulling data from various oracle tables using Unions and Joins. Hands on experience in Data Merging, Data Sub-setting with the use of PROC SQL, MERGE and SET statements.
- Used SAS/ODS to produce RTF and HTML reports.
- Calculate the one-way frequencies, multi-way frequencies for counts of variables and table analysis using PROC FREQ with LIST, OUT, MISSING options.
- Customize the variables to user-defined Formats using PROC FORMAT in printing reports.
- Experience in working with SAS Enterprise Guide Software (4.1 version) for reporting and analytical tasks.
- Experience writing advance SQL programs for joining multiple tables, sorting data, creating SQL views and creating indexes. Experience in performing Ad Hoc Queries for various application and reports on a daily basis using complex SQL Queries.
- Expertise in various Advance MACRO debugging options such as MPRINT, SYMBOLGEN, MLOGIC to Debug store process and SAS code.
- Hands on experience working with OLTP, OLAP Cube Studio, SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence Server (SAS/EBI) and SAS Information Map Studio.
- Experience working with SAS Web Report Studio.
- Good Experience in Korn Shell scripting In UNIX.
- Worked effectively as a team player as well as an individual to meet deadlines.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/ XP /NT, UNIX
Languages: SAS, SQL, C/ C++
Database: Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS: Excel, MS-Access, DB2
SKILL: SAS/BASE - MACRO/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/ETS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ETL, SAS/EM, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/INSIGHT, SAS ENTERPRISE MINER, SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE, SAS Business Intelligence (SAS /BI), SAS JMP
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
SAS Data Analyst/Developer
- Involved in statistical data analysis and reporting to support the Customer Experience Team in their business decision process using SAS programming and SQL query.
- Gathered requirements and creating Weekly, Monthly and Adhoc reports using Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS Enterprise Guide and MS Excel.
- Analysis of sales, activation, call and churn data on a rolling 4 - week basis to track down the changes.
- Analysis of contact rate, call rate, 7-day repeat rate, agents/day, average handling time etc. for a better customer experience.
- Cross communicated with Confidential &T and Confidential personnel to gain business knowledge for creating a bridge between the data and mapping it.
- Deep dive analysis of the customer calls based on different combination of multiproduct cohorts (U-verse, Confidential &T Wireless, Mobility), Agents and Billing status for detecting the trends.
- Analysis of the NPS as strategized by the team for improving customer experience.
- Analysis of the data for a better visualization to reduce churn and detecting the pain points.
- Development of elaborate dashboards from the scratch involving changing of business requirements into technical specification, data collection, data cleaning and validation.
- Successful in reducing the time required for development of each dashboard from approximately 1 week to 6 hours by extensive automation using SAS macro and Excel macro.
- Ran SQL queries on Teradata SQL Assistant for time efficiency and later extracted desired results into SAS using SQL pass through facility for report generation.
- Usage of macro recording in MS Excel for data summarization when needed.
- Performed A/B (Control vs Test) testing for digital marketing campaign for analysis of streaming rate, Pay Per View purchase etc. by JAD sessions with the Strategy and BI teams.
- Post marketing analysis of the rate of acquisitions and win back of customers.
- Delivery of standard LIFT reports for promotional & post window.
- Provided business insights with trend charts and offer comparison of results with past campaigns (ex. Tennis French Open 2015 and 2016).
- Analysis of customer demography for deciding the target groups of each kind of offer (The Persuadable, The Sure Thing, The Lost Causes and The Do Not Disturbs).
- Analysis of different strategies for digital marketing and the impact on the business using each procedure (email, mail, gift cards and advertisements).
- Modification of existing SAS and SQL codes and development of new codes for the digital marketing group for amalgamation of Confidential &T and Confidential data.
- Documentation of data dictionary, methodology and data reports.
- Gift card campaign analysis of Confidential legacy and Confidential &T legacy for finding which method would be taken forward, the financial viability and customer satisfaction associated with it.
- Performed the What-if analysis on each campaign results: what happened- why it happened & what is likely to happen.
- Troubleshooting errors in the historical data of Confidential Legacy which provided misleading results.
Environment: BASE SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS, SAS/ACESS, SAS/CONNECT, TERADATA, SAS Enterprise Guide.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
- Involved in data Analysis and reporting to support the Marketing Team in their business decision process using SAS.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with SMEs, stakeholders and other project team members for requirements gathering, analysis and design.
- Involved in extracting, analyzing and clustering marketing data (according to customer demographic profile) from the data warehouse (ETL).
- Continually assessed campaign and program performance, determine key success criteria, and identify new optimization tests, growth opportunities, and recommend investment areas.
- Worked on various retention and acquisition campaigns by generating the mailing lists according to the BRD.
- Analyzed customer spending patterns, and purchase frequency to create clusters for customer relationship management (CRM).
- Summarized analysis learnings, package and present insights to share with internal stakeholders; holistically evaluating the impact of the recommendation across the business.
- Created SAS database files, Ad-hoc analyses and graphical reports, developed standard reports and supported SAS users.
- Extensively performed Data Cleansing during the ETL’s Extraction and Loading Phase by analyzing the raw data and writing SAS Program and creating complex reusable Macros.
- Also cleaned the data using SAS code (SAS Macros) and develop SAS Code on UNIX according to the specifications.
- Worked with complex datasets to extract customized reports using PROC SQL, PROC SORT and PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE for creating a preferred list of customers as per the given requirements from business analysts.
- Extensively used PROC SQL for ad-hoc report programming and creation of the ad-hoc reports for marketing research data.
- Wrote validation SAS programs and stored compiled macros to ensure data integrity between TERADATA and SAS tables.
- Responsible for reviewing the team’s existing SAS programs and modifying them to make them more logical and efficient.
- Created new datasets from raw data files using Import Techniques and modified existing datasets using Set, Merge, Sort, Update and conditional statements.
- Developed medium to complex SAS programs by using data from various sources.
- Converted business requirements into SAS reports.
- Documented user Stories, use Cases, use case diagrams and activity Diagrams.
- Gathered requirements and creating Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Adhoc reports/stored processes using SAS, Enterprise Guide 4.3.
- Fine-tuned report performance by implementing indexes in SAS tables.
- Generated high quality reports in the form of listing, HTML, RTF and PDF formats using SAS ODS.
Environment: BASE SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS, SAS/ACESS, SAS/CONNECT, TERADATA, UNIX, SAS Enterprise Guide.
Confidential, Madison, WI
SAS Programmer/ Analyst
- Worked closely with business leaders and join the decision making process through sensible recommendations and data insights.
- Conducted statistical analysis to better understand data insights (Histogram/Boxplot, T-test, ANOVA, Linear Regression etc.).
- Extensively involved in the development of ETL processes from different data sources into data warehouse for data mart operations.
- Worked on marketing strategies on mailing and calling lists to potential customers based on customer profiling.
- Extensively worked with large Membership data using joining data set and indexing, data aggregation, record selection, sub-setting, multiple records per case, creation and modification of views, accessing multiple databases.
- Modified macros for report generation using SAS/Macros as per the requirements.
- Experienced in advance SQL programming toconduct multiple table joins, data sorting, creating SQL views, creating indexes and conducting metadata analysis. Experience in performing Ad Hoc Queries for various application and reports on a daily basis using complex SQL Queries.
- Generated highly customized reports for claim data using PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, PROC SUMMARY and PROC SQL.
- Used SAS Stored Processes to deliver content to the portal and using SAS Web Report Studio to deliver the same through the SAS Management Console.
- Assisted in investigating and applying new SAS programming methods using SAS Business Intelligence and techniques to enhance current systems by using various SAS Macros and standard programming procedures.
- Analysis included data reports, generalized reports, SQL queries to DB2 platform, variable distribution reports for clients as well as vendors.
- Documented methodology, data reports, and model results, and communicating with project team/manager to share knowledge.
- Performed Adhoc Analysis and coding for creating on demand business reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Generated Ad-Hoc queries/reports and Analysis as requested using SAS OLAP Cube Studio for creating hierarchal reports.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ODS, Oracle.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Worked with large consumer data sets to generate customized reports for creating a preferred list of customers as per the given requirements.
- Involved in pulling the data from Oracle database according to the specific requirements of various marketing campaigns.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to gather requirements on project scope and select analytical methods and techniques appropriate for the business problem solution.
- Designed and developed reporting and analytics to support the key internal clients: segment marketing, product & brand management, e-commerce & merchandising, direct marketing and sales.
- Configured SAS MA for campaign management for clients.
- Integrated marketing strategy, database, analytics,and digital marketing technologies into client solutions.
- Supported campaign specialists who use SAS CI tools to prepare mailing lists.
- Set up and administer CI business contexts and campaign resources and templates to support SAS CI campaign management.
- Used statistical analysis (t-test and ANOVA, Stepwise logistic regression) for efficient marketing strategies and reporting to manager.
- Handled flat files containing many missing values and special characters and transformed them into clean datasets based on the conditional requirements.
- Performed data cleaning and scrubbing to create data marts.
- Extensively used SAS PROC SQL for querying and analysis of large datasets as well as for data manipulation and joining various datasets.
- Performed various operations such as left join, right join, inner join and outer join using PROC SQL.
- Extensive use of detecting, describing and verifying defects, bug tracking and modifying the existing datasets for the improvement of the existing system.
- Used SAS ODS to produce HTML, PDF and RTF format files. Develop models for several application systems, testing and implementation of the databases and supporting ETL process.
- Responsible for generating Monthly and Weekly forecast report using SAS EG.
- Modifying existing SAS programs to change from one data base source to another.
- Extracting data from SQL and creating SAS data sets for use in in-depth member analysis.
- Created and modified Shell scripts for the program automation, maintenance of monthly reports.
- Performed Ad-hoc analysis by extracting specific data from their primary data sources to assess shipping trends of Drop boxes.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Generated reports for the data captured through Web Log, describing Confidential visitor’s behavior on the website.
- Using various SAS techniques generated reports and loaded data into databases as per the requirements of the Business Analysts.
- Exported the various reports like Dropbox using ODS PDF.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for execution of SAS scripts from UNIX and Scheduled tasks using CRONTAB.
Environment: BASE SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/ACESS, SAS/CONNECT, UNIX, Oracle, MS SQL server.
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Developed new or modified SAS programs and used SQL Pass Through and Libname methods to extract data (almost 40 million records) from the Teradata DB and created study specific SAS datasets.
- Extensively worked with large Membership data using hash objects and joining data set, indexing, data aggregation, record selection, sub-setting, multiple records per case, creation and modification of views, accessing multiple databases.
- Worked with various data like EBCDIC, ASCII and Binary formats and extensively used different kinds of informats to read these data files.
- Generated Ad-Hoc queries/reports and other activities like OLAP, Forecasting (Time Series) and Analysis as requested and used the SAS OLAP Cube Studio for creating Cubes.
- Produced reports using PROC GCHART, PROC REG, PROC TTEST for analysis and used UNIVARIATE and MULTIVARIATE ANALYSIS as Forecasting Methodologies also used the SAS Forecast Studio for speedy analysis of Forecast Models.
- Generated customized reports using SAS/MACRO facility, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE and PROC SQL.
- Generated high quality reports in the form of listing, HTML, RTF and PDF formats using SAS ODS.
- Generated highly customized reports for Membership data using SAS/MACRO facility, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, PROC SUMMARY and PROC SQL. Monitors and manages the execution plan for SQL code using SQL developer.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ODS, SAS Enterprise Guide, Teradata, UNIX.
SAS Developer/ Marketing Data Analyst
- Working with Campaign Data Analysis Team, as an analyst Validated the data of past, current and future campaigns.
- Created test case reports using SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 in UNIX environment.
- Developed program for Ad-hoc reporting in Enterprise Guide using Query Builder, SAS/Access, BASE SAS programming, SAS/SQL and SAS/MACRO.
- Validated different segments of all campaigns based on sales during campaign period and also in pre-campaign period.
- Transferred and Migrated Data from one platform to another to be used for further analysis
- Extensively worked with more than 20 million records using SQL Pass - thru facility.
- Extensive use of SAS/Access, SAS/Connect to connect with various databases such as development database in UNICA and Production data base in DB2 on UNIX. Analyzes data using various statistical procedures like PROC SUMMARY, PROC MEANS, PROC FREQ, PROC LOGISTIC, PROC REG, and PROC ANOVA.
- Store and distributed SAS Enterprise results in MS Excel.
- Developed Ad-hoc reports with added statistics in it for analysis and validation purpose.
- Worked on complex analysis and development of test cases to validate both Development and Production database results.
- Extensively worked in Data mart and Data warehouse to access and validate the data of foundation database system.
- Executed QA procedures of other programmer’s work, cross-validation of SAS/SQL queries and debug complex queries which was developed already by other programmers.
- Worked with Business Analyst team and Technical team working from offshore to provide solution of the analysis result of the historical data.
- Extensively used LIBNAME engine to access and store the data.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ODS, SAS/Enterprise Guide 4.3, Windows XP, UNIX, MS Excel, SAS/Macro, SAS BI server.