- SAS Consultant with experience in business analysis, data analysis, trend analysis, data warehousing, applications development and reporting using wide spectrum of technologies.
- Extremely proficient in SAS, SAS/Access, SAS/Connect, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, Teradata, Web related technologies, SQL, Data modeling, Data Warehousing concepts, Korn Shell Scripting and ETL techniques (extraction, transformation and loading).
- Experience includes a clear understanding and participation in all phases of SDLC, preparing business documentation, test plans, communicating with the business users and working with Large Datasets.
- Proficient in SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACROS, SAS/ODS, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Enterprise Guide
- Strong experience with databases likeOracle 9.i/8i, Teradata, MS SQL Server 2000, DB2, and MS Access.
- Extensive experience in working onSASversions (8.2, 9.1) usingSAS/BASE,SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS,SAS/CONNECT,SAS/MACRO,SAS/ODS,SAS/GRAPH,SAS/ETL, SQL,Excel, MS Office tools.
- Experience includes inSASReport Generating ProcedureslikePROC REPORT, PROC SQL, PROC FREQ, PROC MEANS, PROC TABULATE, PROC TRANSPOSE, PROC PRINT.
- Profound knowledge and strong experience intable analysis usingPROC FREQwithLIST, OUT, MISSINGoptions.
- Experience in creating functional specs, gathering business requirement, developing Use Cases diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio.
- Data warehouse,ETL - Extraction/Transformation/Loading, data analysis, data migration, data preparation, graphical presentation, statistical analysis, reporting, validation and documentation.
- Hands on experience inSASprogramming for extracting data from flat files, Excel spreadsheets and external RDBMS tables usingLIBNAMEandSQL PASSTHRUfacility.
- Developed new or modified existingSASprogramsto load data from the source and created study specific datasets.
- Created and modifiedKorn-Shell scriptsfor the program automation andJCLforSASon Mainframe.
- Work experience includes very close interactions withBusiness Users,Technology Group, Marketing Group,Project TeamandQA Analysts.
- Experience with theSASsuite of reporting and/orBItools
- Solid understanding and proficient use of various procedures like proc SQL, proc report, proc freq, proc means, proc contents, proc dataset, proc append, proc import, proc export, proc print, proc sort
- Strong knowledge about drop, keep, retain, and date manipulations, formats, in formats.
- Excellent command in writing complex routines for Data Validations, Data Extraction, transformation and loading to target decision support systems using MS Excel and SAS on various environments.
- Proven skills in Data Cleansing, Data Archival, Data Migration, ad-hoc reporting and coding utilizing SAS on UNIX, Windows
- Proficient in BASESAS, intermediate to expert SQL skills and experience with large data warehousing environments (Teradata, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in using various MS office tools for analyzing, arranging and presenting data
- Strong experience in coding using SQL, Procedures/Functions, SAS macros.
- Experience with design and implementation ofSASdata architecture as used bySASBIcomponents (OLAP cubes, metadata, roles, etc.)
- Experience in creating SAS programs for EDIT CHECKS and performed data validation on raw data sets and created data set for analysis.
- Possess experience as a SAS programmer in UNIX, Mainframe and PC Environment.
- Knowledge of different types of Data Warehouse, EPM and Business Intelligence solutions such as those from IBM/Cognos, SAP/BO, Oracle/OBIEE, Hyperion,SAS,Teradataand others.
- Experience in loading flat files to Teradata by writing fast load scripts.
- Good Experience in Validation methods.
- Experience with Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
- Good analytical skills pertaining understanding a business domain coupled with excellent teamwork and strong communication skills.
- Hard working, ethical and highly result oriented. Ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts and technologies.
- Good knowledge in software engineering methodologies
- Extensive experience in preparation of reports, tables, listings and graphs
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Self-starter, good team player, enthusiastic, innovative and challenge oriented.
SAS Tools: SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACROS, SAS/ODS, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Enterprise Guide.
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL and Unix.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS Sql Server 2008/2005, MS Access,DB2, Teradata, Sybase
Package: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS Visio, MS Project Management
Environment: Windows and Unix.
Desktop: Destop: Excel, Word, Visio, Publisher, Lotus Notes, Outlook, SharePoint, Info path
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center/ Mercury Test Director
BI Tools: Tableau, Cognos, Qlikview
Methodologies: Six Sigma, DMAIC
Confidential, PLANO, TX
Sr SAS Programmer /Data Analyst
- Accomplished data extraction, comprehensive aggregation, quality data checking and validation from multiple data sources
- Worked in collaboration with business teams and customers to get metric definitions and performed data integration with proficient SAS coding apart from loading data.
- Responsible for the design, development and administration of transactional and analytical data constructs and structures.
- Experience withQlikviewfunctions like fabs, peek, previous,is nulletc.
- DemonstratedQlikviewdata analyst to create custom reports, charts and bookmarks.
- Good Exposure to working withQlikviewFunctions and Expression Scripts and Streamlining Reporting operations ofQlikviewApplications
- Showed expertise in data quality, data organization, metadata, and data profiling and worked in close quarters with the data warehouse teams offering them technical expertise.
- Showed competence in data transfer between production systems and across multiple platforms
- Worked with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment in sequential assignments with teams like Home Loans, bankruptcy, Credit Bureau Department, Business Risk Office.
- Designed and scoped valuable metrics that are critical to quality, economics, customer satisfaction and performance by leveraging analytical skills
- Propelled insightful investigations into data issues that impacted final reporting and execution results.
- Partnered with statistician teams during the formulation, implementation, testing and validation of predictive models
- Automated SAS jobs using PCRON in UNIX platform
- Efficient in running jobs on servers
- Used SAS PROC SQL pass through facility and other complex wombat macros to connect to tables and created SAS datasets using various SQL joins such as left join, right join, inner join and full join.
- Translated slow running SQL queries into fast efficient TERADATA queries for prompt reporting purposes by mining complex metadata.
- Done performance tuning to slow running queries by using appropriate indexes and increased the efficiency of the queries.
- Worked with large datasets, moving them across Mainframe, Teradata, UNIX and SAS
- Developed SAS Macro programs to create Ad-hoc reports and repetitive loops for retrieving array variables for joining of datasets for AD-Hoc reporting.
- Aggregated final datasets using SAS aggregate script which is transformed into TERADATA tables which are further loaded onto Tableau and refreshed at regular intervals for the final visualization.
- UsedTableauto perform data migration, visual analytics and report on critical to quality data
Environment: SAS 9.3, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL, SAS/Enterprise Guide, MS OFFICE, SQL, Teradata, UNIX,SAS/ACCESS, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL, SAS/Enterprise Guide 5.1, MS OFFICE, UNIX, Tableau 8.2
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
SAS Programmer/Data Analyst
- Generated high quality reports in the form of listing,HTML, RTFandPDFformats usingSASODS.
- Developed customized add in programs using capabilities ofSASEnterprise GuideandEnterprise.
- Make the results actionable for Marketing, Campaign Planning, Strategic Planning, Finance and Sales organizations. creating & analyzing Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and preparing Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and Technical Documents
- Performed statistical analysis and data management on study data by utilizing appropriate statistical methods using SAS and SAS tools.
- Creating/designing Qlikview Dashboard. Used Section access and Sheet access to make the application available to desired users.
- Performing Unit and Integration testing, validation and sanity checks on the deliverables.
- Developed various QlikView Data Models by extracting and using the data from various sources like QVD files, Teradata, Excel, and Flat Files.
- Integrate results of the Marketing Mix Analysis, Price Elasticity and other advanced analyses into business planning process.
- Assist in the creation of quantitative and qualitative primary research and present the findings.
- Ability to dig into raw data to find and evaluate actionable insights that will help the organization.
- Analyze and interpret significant results based on data summaries.
- Work closely with different Marketing Groups in designing and analyzing the data.
- Extract the data from a data warehouse and create ad-hoc reports, tables, and graphs according to Business needs.
- Perform Metadata (Information Map, OLAP, Enterprise Guide) development
- Direct the development, testing and maintenance ofSAS-EBI reports
- Provide support for, and automation of, routineSAS-EBI stored procedures.
- Create Data Dictionary and migrate the data when shifting to new version of SAS.
- Perform statistical analyses and QC statistical output.
- Results are performed using SAS programming and using techniques such as SAS Macro language, advanced data manipulation, and statistical procedures (e.g., PROC FREQ, PROC REPORT).
- Used various procedures such as Proc Tabulate, Proc Means and Proc Report to generate tables, listings, graphs and reports.
- Provide SAS Programming support and technical assistance in the accurate development and intermediate steps required.
- ModelingSASdata stores (SASOLAP /SASMOLAP Cubes) required to support business intelligence and reporting needs.
- Assist in Optimization of Performance forSASOLAP Cubes (SQL toSAS,SASOLAP Build Time, SASOLAP slice and dice,SASOLAP aggregations, partitioning, etc…)
- Present statistical results using the appropriate graphs, charts, tables and written reports.
- Creating ad-hoc reports.
- Used SAS ODS to create HTML, RTF and PDF outputs files in the process of producing reports.
- Formatted HTML, RTF and PDF reports using SAS output delivery system ODS.
- Extracted, performed validation and generated SAS data sets from Teradata; applied SQL Pass through Facility.
- Tested and debugged existing MACROS.
- Used SAS DATA NULL and PUT statements to create the customized reports.
- Develop new macros for report generation using SAS/Macros as per the customer’s requirements.
- Extracted, performed validation and generated SAS data sets from Teradata; applied SQL Pass through Facility.
- Default Report output is HTML and provided the options of WORD & EXCEL formats using SAS/ODS statements.
- Used FTP to download SAS Formatted Data into EXCEL AND CSV format.
- Retrieving Millions of Records Using different Procedures.
- Used base SAS and SAS/SQL to generate tables.
- Used PROC compare to compare the data before and after editing
- Developed various SAS reports for Survey project and involved in code reviews for all the developed reports
Environment: SAS 9.1.3/9.2, BASE/SAS, Mainframe, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS/MACRO, SAS BI, SAS/SQL, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, Oracle 11g, Teradata, UNIX and Windows XP.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Design, develop, and implement SAS Extraction Code for data extraction.
- Understood and gathered the requirements by interacting with business users.
- Created many custom functions to be shared and shared and reused by the report designers.
- Writing complex SQL Queries using joins,to extract the data from the Teradata Database and Schedule the jobs in UNIX.
- Develop and support Extraction, Transformation and Load process (ETL) using Informatica power center to populate Teradata tables and flat files.
- Migrating SQL server Objects (Table/Views) to Teradata Objects.
- Migrating data from SQL server to Teradata using Teradata.
- Used Record selection functionally to restrict the records from the Database.
- Used drill down functionally to restrict the records from the Database.
- Participated in testing and generating Business Objects reports using the Universe.
- Participated in scheduling the reports using central Management console and Infoview.
- Created Functional requirements and design document
- Used new features of SAS 9 like call symputx, new functions and regular expressions.
- Done table lookup using match merge and SQL joins
- Done data validation using regular expressions
- Used SQL pass through facility to process high volumes of data
- Created summary data using various functions, arrays and transpose
- Provided data for use in generating computer reports and statistical analysis.
- Improved performance of proc SQL on SAS Oracle interface using options like insertbuff, readbuff, inobs.
- Analyzing various tables using Data manipulation techniques like merging, appending, concatenating and sorting. eveloped efficient, well-documented, readily comprehensible and modifiable SAS code using SAS/ Base and SAS/ Macro facility.
- Created and modified SAS macros for edit check process.
- Performed unit and system integration testing
- Performed user acceptance testing.
- Prepared graphs using the modified data for business analysis.
- Good team player and experience with working offsite.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet the deadlines as and when required.
- Resolved issues created by testing team and users
Environment: SAS/BASE 9.1.3, SAS/Enterprise Guide V3, SAS/MACRO, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/Enterprise Miner, SAS/Web Report Studio, Oracle9i, Teradata.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
SAS Programmer/ Analyst
- DevelopedExcel/VBAsolutions for management reporting, business performance analysis andbudgeting/forecasting.
- Created complexExcel macros in VBAto automate operations
- Worked withBusiness Objectsto design database and run reports.
- Designed database inMS Accessto keep track of existing software applications
- Utilized SAS/ACCESS to extract data from Sybase and other relational databases for analysis.
- Understand and update the existing code or create new code by using BASE/SAS, SAS/MACROS and SAS/SQL to implement new requirements.
- Expertise in statistical modeling and analysis on study data by utilizing appropriate statistical methods.
- Get the Production the SAS code and analyze.
- Extracted data from the Mainframe flat files using SAS, SAS SQL procedures and create SAS data sets.
- Wrote various format and integrity edit checks on CSV files and on staging SAS datasets.
- Develop SAS code to validate data of different portfolios.
- Modified existing SAS programs and created new programs using SAS macro variables to improve ease and speed of modification as well as consistency of results.
- Generate Reports in user required format by using ODS and PROC Report.
- SAS data sets are validated using SAS procedures like Proc Means, Proc Frequency and Proc Univariate.
- Creating Data Models for different level of test validation based on the reports.
- Performed data integrity checks and data cleaning using SAS MACROS and data steps, created HTML outputs with table of contents using ODS HTML.
- Used SAS PROC SQL Pass through Facility to work with Teradata database.
- Analyzed and implemented the code and table changes to improve performance and enhance data quality.
- Done Code Optimization using SAS macros.
- Creates and revises the common macros.
- Reading data from different sources like .csv, excel, tab delimited files.
- Perform various business checks on the source data to confirm whether data is correct or not.
- Compare the source data with historical data to get some statistical analysis.
- Perform transformations like Merge, Sort and Update etc to get the data in required format.
- Create the understandable EXCEL template to start dad mapping for each line of business.
- Extensively utilized SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL and SAS/MACRO.
- Extensively used procedures such as PROC APPEND, PROC IMPORT, PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY, PROC CONTENTS and PROC SQL.
- Involved in project review meetings with respective Business SME’s.
- Move data sets across platforms (from PC and Mainframe to UNIX and Vice Versa).
- Generate the genealogy by using EXCEL MACRO to make it better understandable to end user.
Environment: SAS 9.1.3, BASE/SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, Oracle 11g, UNIX, ETL, JCL, Mainframes
- Used BASESAS,Macros,SASEnterprise Guide, andSASSQL for programming.
- Modified macros for report generation usingSASMacros as per the requirements.
- Programmed withSASEnterprise Guide query builder for constructing complex queries analysis.
- Extensively used Data Null andSASprocedures such as Print, Report, Tabulate, Freq, Means, Summary and Transpose for producing ad-hoc and customized reports and external files.
- Worked with complex datasets to extract customized reports using PROC SQL, PROC SORT and PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE for creating a preferred list of customers as per the given requirements from business analysts.
- Develop, enhance & execute complex programs and reports with proper documentation.
- Comprehend production codes, undertake diagnosis, resolution of complex issues and improve the efficiency of processes and programs.
- Develop business domain expertise, rudimentary project based business knowledge and good theoretical knowledge of tools like SAS, MS office Independently delivers end to end on complex projects and assist in developing and testing new information infrastructure.
- Manage end-user expectation in the delivery of projects within agreed timelines and as per agreed quality standards.
- Independently executes standard processes, implements predefined algorithms and corrects identified problems.
- Created SQL views for retrieving and dynamically updating data.
- Maintaining large data sets, i.e. reading in data from various sources in various formats to create SAS data sets and/or ASCII files.
- Documenting the process, i.e. documenting all the possible information about the application like SAS programs, DATA files and source.
- Preparing project plan for the execution.
- Independently interacts with business partners to understand business need and translates to technical specifications. Assist in developing and testing new information infrastructure.
- End to end project management and hands on delivery when required.
- Take ownership and actively manage project timelines. Execute standard reports, processes, files, and implements predefined algorithms
- Sets up QA/QC framework and ensures adherence and constant improvement.
- Used SAS system macros for error handling, code validation, date stamping of log files, collected files to a given directory and scheduling.
- Develops business and technical knowledge of team members and identifies opportunities of improvement.
Environment: SAS, Mainframe, BASE/SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, UNIX and Windows 2003/XP.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes