Sas Developer/ Analyst Resume
- Over 8 years of experience in analysis, designing, developing, testing and implementing SAS applications for financial and insurance sectors.
- Experienced in SAS/Base, SAS/Macro, SAS/ODS, SAS/SQL, SAS/Stat, SAS/Graph, SAS/Access, SAS/web report studio, SAS/Enterprise Guide, SAS/Connect and SAS/Enterprise Miner in Unix and Windows environments.
- Ability to analyze & process data and produce customized reports and external files using various SAS procedures like Proc Report, Proc Tabulate, Proc Transpose, Proc Format, Proc Freq, Proc Summary, Proc Means etc.
- Experience in developing SAS codes using SAS Enterprise Guide and SQL queries in SAS for creating stored processes using the dynamic prompts containing both packaging and streaming output, and prepared reports using ODS.
- Experienced in analyzing data mining, statistical analysis, statistical test, regression and report generation.
- Experience in SAS Reporting and Macro language.
- Experience in data manipulation procedures such as formats/ informats, merge, proc data sets, proc sort and proc transpose.
- Experienced in using Unix Shell scripts, Oracle SQL to perform ETL, data processing and automation tasks.
- Experience with retail data and banking data.
- Command in importing and exporting complex internal data to and from Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access using Proc Import and Proc Export.
- Experience in databases like Oracle, SQL server and Teradata.
- Experience in using ETL to load data to oracle data warehouse.
- Experience in SAS/ACCESS interface to Teradata, SAS Scoring accelerator for Teradata.
- Teradata data warehousing with focus on implementation of Teradata development environment and single - subject data warehouse in support of SAS analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highly dedicated, quick starter, solution driven pattern programmer, Design and excellent at solving complex problems under strict deadlines.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT, XP/Vista, UNIX.
Language: SAS, SQL, C, C++.
SAS Tools: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/STAT, SAS/ODS.
SAS BI Tools: SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-In to MS Office, SAS Enterprise Miner, SASInformation map studio and SAS Web Report Studio.
ETL: TeradataDatabases MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MS-Access, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Teradata.
Scripts: SAS Scripts, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Script.
Other Technologies: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Outlook)
Confidential, Memphis, TN
SAS Developer/ Analyst
- Extracted and analyzed data from the database using SAS/Access, SAS/SQL PROCEDURES and created SAS datasets.
- Converted codes which were written in PL/SQL, to SAS codes to generate summary tables using the data in IF.
- Generated reports using SAS proc report. These reports are used to mitigate risks from an operational and financial perspective, to reduce the expense of aircraft part repairs.
- Extensively used proc sql and various SAS functions like ‘input’, ‘put’, ‘intnx’ etc.
- Used SAS output delivery system (ODS) to format and to export the reports.
- Used user-defined formats as well as various date formats.
- Used SAS macros and SAS/SQL to improve the efficiency of the code that I developed.
- Developed an interactive application in SAS EG and SAS Base to look at spend data using various parameters to assist Materiel to understand its yearly and historical spend.
- Tested/validated the results with the customer.
- Mentored a team of Analysts who are responsible for providing actionable pricing strategy and analysis to internal Merchandising department.
- Provided on-going (monthly, quarterly) analysis and reporting on the financial performance.
Environment: SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1, Oracle, PL/SQL, SAS/Base, MS Excel.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
SAS Programmer / Analyst
- Gathered the input data for individual modules like Delinquency allocation, Mature outstanding, Revenue allocations etc.
- Experienced in data manipulations including the usage of basic standard SAS procedures such as Proc Freq, Proc Format, Proc Sort, ProcSQL, and Proc Summary as well as traditional SAS data step programming in Unix Environment.
- Experienced doing SQL programming and conducting data mining, as well as conducting query performance and tuning, using Oracle database, MS SQL-Server, MS Access, and/ or SAS.
- Worked on building a Scoring Engine that produces scores by integrating 37 Non-TDR and 5 TDR transition states corresponding to different products (cards) like Rewards, Non rewards, T&E etc., under different federal scenarios involved in scoring.
- Used Proc SQL to develop the code to create tables and used SAS Macros for automation.
- Adjusted the individual module codes by using DATA steps, Formats, Informats, Date Formats etc.
- Embedding the Proc Export for having the Excel out puts in the centralized locations.
- Debugged the code, making some test runs verifying the system resources using Fullstimer option.
- Cross checking the results produced by the scoring engine by running Proc Summary and updating the remarks, if any.
- Generated graphs across federal scenarios for different products using proc gplot.
- Developed SAS programs using SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS and SAS/MACROS for statistical analysis and data display.
- Wrote extensive queries to investigate the quality of data, analyze data using Excel andSAS (SQL/STAT/MACRO), reported to research teams.
- Engaged in data mining and extracted, combined and cleaned large traffic data for the further reports and statistical analysis.
Environment: SAS/Base 9.2, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS server, Winscp, and MS Excel, Windows, ReflectionX, Unix.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. SAS Programmer / Analyst
- Conducted research studies that included analyzing, reviewing, trending and presenting information to support decision making.
- Automated and validated the codes for flexibility, accuracy and efficiency.
- Created graph/table using proc gplot and proc report respectively for different products National HPI, Home Lending NCI and Home Lending CI as per the requirement as monitoring of independent variable in different dimension (time, scenario). HPI, NCI and CI are input variables to Confidential .
- Developed code to created overlay graphs using proc gplot to display account information from model.
- Monitored the loan balances of the model results for five scenarios ( Confidential Base, Confidential Adverse, Confidential Severe, JPM Adverse and JPM Severe) by developing code to generate the datasets and then exporting the datasets to excel using SAS ODS.
- Wrote a code in SAS to create multiple reporting excel tabs using Excelxp tagsets.
- Manipulated data including the usage of basic standard SAS procedures and use of SAS Macros.
- Employed techniques like sorting and merging on the raw data sets and coded them usingProc SQLandSAS Macro facilityto get the required output Extracted data from the database usingSAS/Access, SAS SQL proceduresand create SAS data sets.
- Identified, coordinated, drafted, executed, and presented analyses on estimated over payments and other identified aberrant scoring patterns using SAS.
- Used SAS for pre-processing data, SQL queries, data analysis, generating reports, and statistical analyses.
- Creating Data Tables, reports on account/household values and customer profiles are obtained by merging and summarizing data using SAS.
Environment: SAS EG 4.3, SAS/Base 9.2, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS server, Winscp, and MS Excel, Windows, Unix.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Experienced in bringing large data (i.e. millions of records) from SAS and non-SAS (Teradata or Oracleor DB2 database) data sources into a SAS environment using SAS/Access and SAS/Connect and performing SAS data manipulations against the resulting sets. This includes ability to merge datasets and to write SAS Macros and generate list outputs/reports.
- Extensively used PROC FREQ, PROC TABULATE, PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY, PROC CONTENTS, PROC REPORT, PROC COMPARE and PROC UNIVARIATE.
- Used SAS PROC SQL Pass through Facility to work with Oracle and Teradata database.
- Developed and improved the efficiency of programs through the use of SAS/SQL and SAS macros.
- Modified standard programs to generate data sets for statistical data analysis, generate listings, summaries.
- Sliced and diced the data from unorganized data files for the purpose of analysis.
- Perform Competitor and Customer Analysis, Risk and Pricing Analysis and forecast results.
- Generating highly customized reports using PROC FORMAT, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE and SAS/ODS.
- Executed reporting programs and download the results into EXCEL.
- Extensively used PROC GPLOT and PROC GCHART for generating graphs and plots.
- Formatted HTML, RTF and PDF reports, using SAS Output Delivery System (ODS).
- Worked on Ad-hoc, monthly reports on a regular basis using SAS EG 4.3.
- Wrote code using SAS/Base and SAS/Macros to extract clean and validate data from flat file, Excel file.
Environment: SAS EG 4.3, SAS/Base 9.2, SAS/Graph, SAS Script, SAS server Winscp, SAS/ETL, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL, SAS Macro Coding, Teradata, RDBMS, Toad, MS Access and MS Excel.
Confidential, Cranston, RI
- Prepared customized reports to help client provide a strong competency in understanding risk and accordingly perform better customer selection and customer satisfaction.
- Extracted data from Oracle database (warehouse) using SAS/ACCESS.
- Prepared new datasets and modified existing datasets using Set, Merge, Sort, Update, Formats and Functions and created Tables and Listings for the same.
- Also created and maintained SAS datasets that are extracted from an Oracle Database using SAS/Access for Oracle and extensively used Proc SQL to manipulate the data.
- Used Proc SQL (Pass-Through) method and Proc Append methods to write statistical analysis results to the Oracle database.
- Converted Excel tables and flat (text) files into SAS datasets for Ad-Hoc analysis.
- Worked with complex datasets to extract customized reports using PROC SQL, PROC FREQ, PROC SORT, PROC REPORT, and PROC MEANS for creating a preferred list of customers as per the given requirements from business analysts.
- Data analysis, reports using SAS procedures and SAS/Macros.
- Used SAS Enterprise Guide to access data, to manage data, to create reports and to validate data and data mining.
- Used SAS/STAT to create different statistical reports as required.
- Extensively used various SAS Data Step functions, SAS procedures, and SQL to write reports logics for SAS Stored Processes.
- Forecasted monthly, quarterly and annually customers flow and revenue for Direct Mail Marketing and Tele-Marketing campaigns using SAS and Excel.
- Performed market research and segmentation analysis using SAS, SQL and Excel to get the potential target customers and identify the market trend and opportunities
- SAS Enterprise Guide was used to convert existing SAS programs to SAS stored processes using dynamic prompts and produced packaging and streaming outputs as required.
- Developing SAS Stored Processes that can be easily used by end users using SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office and other SAS BI clients from SAS Information Delivery Portal.
Environment: SAS/Base, SAS/Macros, SAS/Access, SAS/Stat, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS, MS-Office, SAS Enterprise Guide, Windows, Unix.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Extraction of data from Oracle, created into datasets.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from oracle, Flat files and XML as sources to Oracle Data warehouse as target.
- Performing data validation, transforming data from RDBMS oracle to SAS datasets.
- Transformations using Base SAS Procedures & Functions.
- Responsible for the cleaning, reformatting, analysis and loading the data into the database.
- Developed new or modified SAS programs to load data from the source and create study specific datasets, which are used as source datasets for report generating programs.
- Produced RTF, MS Word and HTML formatted files using SAS/ODS to produce reports for presentation and further analysis.
- Worked on creation of reports for business users using SAS web report studio.
- Automated the standard reporting with SAS BI and Microsoft Add-in.
- Developed SAS Macros for reduction of program length and for faster execution.
- Combined and grouped datasets using concatenation and merging.
- Creating permanent formatted SAS data sets and developed reports using Proc Report, Proc Tabulate and DATA NULL for analysis.
- Extensively used various Base SAS procedures like Proc SQL, Proc Summary, Proc Format, Proc Print, Proc sort etc. for reporting purposes.
Environment: SAS/Base, SAS/Macros, SAS/Access, SAS/Connect, SAS/Stat, SAS/ETL,SAS/Graph, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, MS Excel, Unix, Web report studio, SAS Add-in to MS office.
- Analyzed the data based on the requirement
- Analyzed large data sets consisting of million records
- Creating a customer statistical mailing list for Direct Mailing and Telemarketing. Worked with large customer response and sales data sets.
- Maintain and enhance existing SAS reporting programs for marketing campaigns.
- Maintain SAS analysis for the products purchased every month.
- Conduct individual account and household level analysis.
- Conduct significance tests and study response rates for different level of Marketing based on the reports.
- Modified existing SAS programs and created new programs using SAS Macro to improve ease and speed of modification as well as consistency of results.
- Extracted data from warehouse using SQL procedure and created SAS data sets.
- Performed Data cleaning, Formatting, Cluster analysis, and regression analysis for normality using SAS.
- Created reports using analysis output and export them to the web to enable the Customers to have access through SAS Integration.
- Extensively used SAS procedures Print, Sort, SQL, Mean, Freq etc.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes