- Experience: Research Scientist, Data Analyst, Programmer, Statistical Modeler with many years of professional experience in the areas of programming, data analysis, data mining, model designing/developing/diagnosing, decision support solutions and reporting.
- Experienced researcher in Condensed Matter Theory, Many - Body Quantum Mechanics (Monte-Carlo, algorithmic development), Strongly-correlated quantum materials (phase transition), and Quantum phase transition theory in condensed matter.
- Extensive experience in SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, in Windows and UNIX environments.
- Proven skills in Statistical Analysis such as Categorical Analysis, Linear Regression, Nonlinear Regression, Logistic Regression (ordinal, multiple predictors), Generalized Linear Model(GLM), Linear Mixed Models, Multivariate Analysis (MANOVA), Principle Component Analysis(PCA), Factor Analysis(FA), Discriminant Function Analysis (DFA), Time Series Analysis (ARIMA, GARCH, FORECAST).
- Hands-on experience in creating SAS datasets in large volume data.
- Good knowledge of data extraction and sorting from various databases like Oracle, DB2. Teradata MS Access, SQL server.
- Modified existing SAS programs and created new programs using SAS macro variables to improve ease and as well as consistency of results.
- Worked in group with statisticians to provide SAS programming support, generated reports, tables, listings, graphs and summaries as per company standards.
- Experience in delivering output in different formats including HTML, RTF, PDF, and creating Custom reports using SAS ODS facility.
- Hands on experience in using SAS/JMP Software, Access, and MS Excel.
- Excellent team player, with strong skills in trouble-shooting, problem-solving, interpersonal, oral & written communication and delivering seminars when required.
SAS Tools: SAS/BASE, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/IML, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACRO, SAS/ODS, SAS/ACCESS SAS Business Intelligence(BI), SAS Financial Management (FM), SAS OLAP Cube studio, SAS Management Console, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS/DI Studio SAS/STATS, SAS/AF, SAS FORECAST SERVER, SAS Web Report Studio
Databases: Oracle, Teradata, MS Access, SQL Server, MYSQL
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux
Programming Languages: FORTRAN, MatLab, SAS, Stata, SPSS/ PASW Statistics, Eviews, LaTeX, Shell Scripting, SQL, C/C++, R, Access
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Performed installation of SAS fraud framework components on Metadata server, Application server, Middle Tier and Clients Win 64bit server on four different network nodes in compliance with their requirements.
- Created applications for BI environments with SAS at the backend for frequency, tabular and chart reports for the New York State Healthcare data consisting of input parameters for different categories of diseases, counties, patients, and filter variables. Delivered output in different ODS destinations.
- Created stored process with SAS Enterprise Guide 6.1 for each of these application to be run in SAS BI environments for the end users.
- Performed modification and testing of the SAS macros used in some CDESS applications of NYSDOH.
- Performed migration of data and formats dictionary from SAS 6.2 Unix environment to SAS 9.4 Unix environment and Windows environment.
- Performed data extraction, transformation and loading of beds availability data from all the hospitals of Albany, NY, and uploaded on the oracle database servers.
- Prepare SAS programs with SAS macros to produces reports of bed availability data for different types of beds in hospitals of Albany, NY, for medical emergency.
- Prepared SAS programs to clean the bed availability transaction data and generated timeseries plots for the availability of beds.
- Created SAS programs to generate real-time report on the availability of different types of beds in hospitals needed for medical emergency response.
- Created SAS program to report relevancy of the bed availability data produced by automatic and manual processes and emailed them to the Business users via batch job for particular times of the day.
- Prepared and automated SAS jobs to run on a daily and monthly basis and send outputs to various email recipients and store the report outputs in particular file folders on the network.
- Performed data analytics, development, testing, and implementation, and provided technical support to business needs.
- Performed testing of SAS/SHARE and SAS/Connect on network servers.
- Document codes, methodology, assumptions, and data issues.
Environment: SAS 9.4/SAS 9.3, SAS Enterprise Guide 6.1/7.1, SAS Studio, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Visual Analytics, EBI tools (OLAP cube, Information Map Studio, AMO, Management Console, DI Studio, Enterprise miner, Dashboard, and Stored process), Windows XP, Windows 7, and UNIX environments.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
- Facilitate discussions between end users and data modelers as needed to carry out analysis for customer data using Proc Tabulate and Proc Report.
- Perform analysis of data within Confidential in support of Data Warehousing efforts.
- Monitor the quality of data submitted to regulatory agencies.
- Supports the verification of data accuracy within DSI Analytic Systems and source systems.
- Assist in ETL development, documentation and testing as needed.
- Work with healthcare regulators to develop business rules that support data transformation
- Created and maintained SAS Web Reports of analysis output and export them to enable the customers and internal departments to have access through Internet.
- Created and implemented robust database applications and reporting solutions for the Healthcare Analytics department.
- Implemented data management plans designed to meet project deadlines.
- Used SAS Access, Proc DBLOAD, Proc SQL, Proc import, Proc export statements for large data extractions from DB2 and Oracle and loaded the data into SAS datasets
- Contributed to the continual improvement of the department performance by developing efficient methods for extracting data from source systems, automating processes, and expanding the use of new technologies.
Environment: SAS/ACCESS, SAS 9.3 /CONNECT, SAS 9.3/EBI, SAS 9.3/DB2, SAS 9.3 Enterprise Guide, SAS 9.3 Enterprise Miner, SAS 9.3 /DI Studio, SAS 9.3 /GRAPH, SAS 9.3/MACRO, SAS 9.3/ODS, SAS 9.3/SQL, SAS 9.3/STAT, SAS 9.3/AF, SAS 9.3 /BI, SAS 9.3 FORECAST SERVER, SAS 9.3 Web Report Studio, SQL Server, Information Map Studio, MS Access, Oracle, Solaris, K-Shell.
Confidential, Monroe, LA
- Extracted, transformed, and loaded data using SAS.
- Involved in analysis, development, testing, implementation, and provided technical support to business needs using SAS in UNIX environment.
- Tested and Automated SAS jobs running on a daily, weekly and monthly basis using Unix Scripting.
- Ensured the validity and accuracy of the analyzed data.
- Created UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Created Stored Processes that would generate ad hoc reports based on parameters passed.
- Coordinated with the other teams to deliver the data to the clients on time.
- Extensively used PROC PRINT, PROC REPORT and PROC TABULATE for reporting.
- Submitted SAS/SQL Queries in UNIX shell to validate data.
- Extracted data from Oracle and SQL Server databases to provide Ad-hoc reports.
- Created different datasets according to the user specifications for various applications.
- Analyzed data, trends and summarized results to generate meaningful recommendations to management.
- Written macros to develop a concise and reusable code.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, AS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS 9.3 Enterprise Miner, SAS 9.3 /CONNECT, SAS 9.3/EBI, SAS 9.3/DB2, SAS9.3 /DI Studio, SAS 9.3 FORECAST SERVER, Oracle, UNIX, and Windows NT, MS Office, MS Access, MS-Excel
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Installed and supported Analytical platform, Enterprise miner in the Web tier
- Installed the SAS software in the user’s machines and configured their profiles.
- Managed the user’s roles and responsibility in the Management console- User management
- Installed and Managed the SAS PC file server in the windows environment
- Implemented hot fix and other day-to-day SAS BI administration tasks
- Performed platform capacity planning and management.
- Performed forecast on customers retention and customers growth.
- Installed Application Performance Monitoring (APM) in our Environment for usage monitoring.
- Worked with Business users to optimize their programs and jobs.
- Installed SAS Web applications and supported in the Web sphere 6.1 and Web sphere 7
- Configured SAS data libraries and registered Meta-data for tables.
- Configured database connection to databases like DB2, Oracle, SQL server, Sybase and Teradata.
- Fine-tuned the SQL queries for optimum performance for users.
- Re-installed all SAS client tools in the Windows 7 environment during migration from Windows XP.
- Used Core FT and Putty to manage the UNIX file system.
- Worked in Enterprise guide programs for report generation and data analysis.
Environment: SAS 9.2/SAS 9.3 EBI tools (OLAP cube, Information Map Studio, AMO, LSF scheduler, SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3/5.1, Management Console, DI Studio, GRAPH Data Integration Studio, Personal Login manager, Enterprise miner, Work flow Manager, Dashboard, Web Report Studio, Stored process and SPDS), Exceed, Flow manager, Websphere 6.1 and 7, Windows XP, Windows 7, UNIX-AIX 5.3/AIX 6.1
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Programming and analyzing the design and development of the application.
- Data Preparation: Drawing flowcharts indicating the input data sets, sorting and merging techniques to get the required output and then writing the code.
- Data validation before being used for final analysis.
- Data Analysis with Tableau: The validated data is analyzed to get the following: Market share, find top customers for the Confidential lists, look for responsiveness of targets based on sales force effort.
- Extensively used Arrays in SAS Data Steps. Merging Datasets and Manipulating Datasets.
- Extensive SAS/Macro Programming.
- Used SAS DATA NULL and PUT statements to create the customized reports.
- Developed new macros for report generation using SAS/Macro as per the customer’s requirements.
- Produced SAS Graphical reports showing Trend Analysis charts for campaign.
- Used SAS PROC SQL Pass through Facility and SAS/CONNECT to work with Oracle database.
- Used SAS GRAPH for generating various graphs and charts for analyzing the product sales.
- Upload SAS data sets across platforms from PC to UNIX and Vice Versa.
Environment: SAS/BASE (V9.1.3,V8.2), SAS/STAT, SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS/ETS, SAS/QC, SAS/Connect, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Financial Management(FM), SAS 9.3/EBI, SAS 9.3/DB2, SAS9.3 /DI Studio, SAS 9.3 FORECAST SERVER, Tableau, UNIX, SQL, MS Access, EXCEL, SPSS, Windows 98/2000.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all teams
- Analyses of data for Risk Management, Customer Information Management and Analytic Support
- Coordinate work with the IT team in regard with proprietary server maintenance and system support.
- Generated ad-hoc, standard reporting and production projects.
- Compiled Risk department with sales production and market penetration data for executive management. Data included employee activity, client coverage and territory alignment analysis.
- Developed sales analysis using Proc Summary, Proc Freq, Proc Reg, Proc Mean, Proc ANOVA, Proc SQL, Proc Univariate, etc for forecast, time-series, and discriminant analysis, etc.
- Built predictive models in risk analysis and generated summary reports for risk analysis
- Improved financial performance by reducing losses, improving capital management and building a risk aware.
- Designed, built and tested a series of SAS programs for the transfer and validation of reports.
Environment: s: SAS/ACCESS, SAS/BASE, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS Business Intelligence, SAS Management Console, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, Sun Solaris, SAS/SQL, SPSS, Tableau, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Excel Macros, Windows.
Research Scientist and Part-time teaching faculty
- Performed research in Condensed Matter Theory, Computational Physics and Many-Body Quantum Mechanics (Monte-Carlo, algorithmic development), Strongly-correlated quantum materials (phase transition), and Quantum theory in condensed matter for Nano-physics (quantum wires and quantum dots).
- Worked with team leaders of the research groups, statisticians, and pathologists on different projects and collected technical information of their research goals.
- Gathered data from different sources like flat files, excel files, and instruments generated data files.
- Performed cleaning, transformation and analysis of data having more than six hundred variables.
- Wrote codes in FORTRAN, MatLab to understand the mechanism underneath the behavior of data and identify variables of significance.
- Classified different types of cancers and their stages using extensive multivariate statistical analysis, discriminant functional analysis, principle component analysis and cluster analysis.
- Made Summary presentations of the highlights and progress report to the project leaders.
- Wrote research papers for publications.
- Interacted with other team members as and when required to improve the analytical process.
- Worked as a part-time teaching instructor for physics and astronomy department, and for the department of electrical and computer engineering.