- 8 years of experience in SAS programming and all aspects of analysis, design, development, and implementation of Statistical data models including data extraction and manipulation, writing macros and reporting on projects with major healthcare clients.
- Excellent command in writing complex routines for Data Validations, Data Extraction, transformation and loading to target decision support systems using MS Excel, Pivot tables and SAS on various environments.
- Extensive experience in SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS/SQL in Windows and UNIX environment.
- Experience in using and creating UNIX shell scripts to process SAS jobs and other common tasks.
- Worked with Statisticians in analyzing the Health Care Data, Clinical Trial Data, generated reports, tables, listings and graphs using SAS in accordance with the Statistical Analysis Plan SAP , Standard Operating Procedures SOPs and departmental guidelines.
- Experience in producing RTF, PDF, and HTML files using SAS ODS.
- Experience in SAS procedures, Macros, Preparing Data, PROCs, Producing Reports, SAS Formats, SAS Functions, SAS Informats, Storing and Managing Data in SAS Files.
- Imported/converted data files from Excel, Word, Text Based Data files into SAS Data Sets for analysis WinNT, UNIX, MVS, SAS/Base, SAS/Stat, SAS/ Macros, SAS/Graph, SAS/Access, MS-Access, EXCEL, ORACLE, DB2, COBOL, JCL, VSAM
- Worked in group with statisticians to provide SAS programming support for analyzing the clinical trial data and generating reports, tables, listings, graphs and summaries as per company standards.
- Extensive exposure on every steps of entire project life cycle including data collection, query, modifying and analysis, summary of findings, communicating strategic insight and presentation of results and documentation of the processes.
- Hands on experience in developing and implementing enterprise data architecture and complex data models for operational and data warehouse applications.
- Developed listings, tables and Graphs for Efficacy and Safety for the clinical studies.
- Hands on experience in using SAS/JMP Software, Access, and MS Excel.
- Excellent team player, with strong skills in trouble-shooting, problem-solving, interpersonal, oral written communication and delivering seminar within required deadlines.
- Possess a strong ability to adapt and learn new technologies and new business lines rapidly
SAS/Base, SAS/Stat, SAS/Graph, SAS/Access, SAS/Macro, SAS/Connect, SAS/SQL, SAS/Access, SAS/ODS, SAS/DATAMINING, SAS/ETL.
SAS, SQL, PL/SQL
SQL, Teradata, Oracle Clinical, SQL Server, MYSQL
Windows 95, Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 , MS DOS, UNIX, Mac OS
Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, WordPerfect, MS Access
Crystal reports, business objects
- Reviewed existing literature on Medicare, Medicaid and models dealing with Medicaid fraud.
- Attended various seminar presentations on Medicaid fraud such as finding duplicate claims, service after death, multiple service providers etc.
- Used SAS/Assist to extract data from SAS Files and Oracle Data base.
- Involved in writing code using Base SAS SAS/Macros to clean and validate data from oracle tables.
- Conducted data investigation using SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Involved in Data mining using Enterprise Miner for various health care datasets such as Eligibility, Inpatient, Outpatient, Long Term Care and Pharmacy Rx .
- Used SAS PROC SQL to extract data from different relational database management Teradata systems. Used SQL Assistant to analyse and query from the Teradata DB.
- Used SAS /ACCESS to extract data from SQL-server database.
- Extensively performed Data Cleansing during the ETL's Extraction and Loading Phase by analysing the raw data and writing SAS Program and creating complex reusable Macros.
- Also cleaned the data using SAS code SAS Macros and developed SAS Code on UNIX according to the specifications.
- Synchronized with key departments to analyse areas such as customer retention, opportunities and customer segmentation. Store and distribute SAS Enterprise Guide results in different formats HTML, PDF, WORD based on the user group requirement with SAS/ODS.
- Performed extraction, transformation and loading from large Teradata tables using Data stage in data warehouse. Passed parameters in shell script to read daily and on request jobs to reduce complexity of business process.
- Worked with complex datasets to extract customized reports using PROC SQL, PROC FREQ, PROC SORT, PROC REPORT and PROC MEANS for creating a preferred list of customers as per the given requirements from business analysts.
- Performed Data analysis, mainly using Regression and ANOVA Proc REG, Proc GLM, and Proc ANOVA .
- Developed Stored Processes to distribute reports and in a secure manner.
- Created reports in the style format RTF, PDF and HTML using SAS/ODS.
- Effectively prepared and published various performance reports and presentations.
Environment: Base SAS, SAS/Macros, SAS/SQL, SAS/Access, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, ORACLE, SAS Enterprise Miner, Excel, Windows XP. SAS BI, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Information Map, SPSS.
- Developed SAS programs to generate Provider Profiles for the Eligibility, Medical Claims, Pharmacy Claims, and Clinical Quality Reports to meet the Standards in addition to the adhoc programming for several departments from within and outside the organization.
- Modified standard programs to generate data sets for statistical data analysis, generate listings, summaries.
- Used SAS Macros extensively in the creation of new programs as well as modification of existing programs to improve ease and consistency of result.
- Analyzed large data sets consisting of millions of records.
- Generated analysis reports, graphs using SAS/Reports.
- Analyzed data using SAS/Stat procedures.
- Involved in documentation of design, Code and Reports for handling over the project.
- Involved in delivering Output using ODS Output Delivery System .
- Used base SAS procedures FREQ, TABULATE, and MEANS to validate current results with expected results.
- Extensive knowledge of SAS/BASE, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/SQL and SAS/MACROS for programming.
- Created reports in a form of text as well as Graphical using SAS/Graph, SAS/Reports and Base SAS procedures
- Extensively used and created SAS/Macros for the efficiency and accuracy. Implemented best programming practices to meet the industry standards and for easy debugging.
- Performed quality assurance procedures of other programmers' work, validation of SAS programs, and debug complex programming code.
- Accessed various databases along with MS Access, Excel, and SQL to extract data into SAS servers. Performed data extraction, manipulation, and converted data into a meaningful formats.
- Participated in reviews of portfolio and risk oversight activities.
- Extensively used PROC FREQ, PROC TABULATE, PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY, PROC CONTENTS, PROC COMPARE, PROC REPORT, and PROC UNIVARIATE.
Environment: SAS 9.2, Windows 7, Base SAS, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, MS Excel, database Oracle.
- Participated in meetings and facilitated information exchange with people in other departments and/or external customers, and implemented data management plans designed to meet project deadlines.
- Developed and automated data extraction from various source systems DB2, Oracle, Sybase, etc. , and loaded data into SAS datasets by using SAS/Access, Proc DBLOAD, Proc SQL, Proc import, Proc export.
- Facilitate discussions between end users and data modelers as needed to carry out analysis for customer data using Proc Tabulate and Proc Report.
- Supports the maintenance of the Analytic Systems data dictionaries
- Develop, document and perform testing and validation as needed.
- Scheduled SAS jobs automatically using Unix K-Shell.
- Developed Budget Data Mart for the Finance Department, using Object-Oriented systems development life cycle SDLC process based on Rational Unified Process RUP , and reverse engineered and modified existing SAS scripts to cater for the new data mart.
- Created and implemented robust database applications and reporting solutions for the Healthcare Analytics department.
- Created intricate set of SQL tables to hold user login and user access information with constraints and access errors were logged in to error tables.
- Used SAS Access, Proc DB LOAD, Proc SQL, Proc import, Proc export statements large data extractions from DB2 and Oracle and loaded the data into SAS datasets
- Created and managed SAS stored process programs using ODS HTML, PDF, etc. to deliver online reporting content to analysts and healthcare professionals.
- Standardized reporting programs into SAS Macros, and converted different types of source file Excel, Word, and Text to produce SAS reports and graphs, and built neat and accurate end-user reports.
- Created and maintained SAS Web Reports using analysis output and export them to enable the customers and internal departments to have access through Internet.
Environment: SAS/BASE V9.1.3, V8.2 , SAS/STAT, SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS/ETS, SAS/QC, SAS/Connect, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS 9.3/EBI, SAS 9.3/DB2, SAS9.3 /DI Studio, SAS 9.3 FORECAST SERVER, UNIX, SQL, MS Access, EXCEL, SPSS, Windows 98/2000.
Confidential SAS Programmer Clinical
- Involved in SAS programming with Clinical Research data for Phase I-IV Clinical Trials CVS and Pain.
- Developed dynamic SAS programs using SAS Tools like SAS/Base, SAS/Macros
- Programming for NDA submission item 11 in accordance to report specifications.
- Created and maintained analysis datasets from raw datasets.
- Programmed edit checks to satisfy data collection, storage, and analysis for clinical studies. Created and validated programs for Phase I, II, III clinical trial initiatives, responsible for production of analysis datasets, data listings and summary tables
- Developed new SAS programs and modified existing SAS programs.
- Performed data validation and checking for program errors using SAS.
- Formatted HTML, PDF and RTF reports, using SAS - Output Delivery System.
- Created Ad-hoc reports for analysis datasets by using Proc Reports and Proc Tabulate.
- Developed listings, tables and Graphs for Efficacy and Safety for the clinical studies.
- Created standard programs including macros.
- Extensive use of the TRANSPOSE, UNIVARIATE, SUMMARY, MEANS, FREQ, TABULATE, CONTENTS, SORT, PRINT, GLM, SQL, GPLOT and GCHART procedures.
- Produced statistical tables, listings and analysis. Analyzed data using SAS/Stat procedures
- Involved in the development of clinical trial data tables demographic data tables, discrepancy data tables, Adverse Events AE tables, Serious Adverse Events SAE tables and Laboratory data tables.