Sas Analyst Resume
- 6+ years of work experience including application development and maintenance, ad - hoc reporting, system analysis and testing.
- Recognized by management for readily learning new applications, systems, and technologies.
- Experience programming in SAS on multiple operating systems, and extracting and manipulating data from numerous databases and input files.
- Operating systems: Windows, Unix, AIX. Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2.
- Worked with statisticians, study managers, and IT personnel to provide accurate data sets for analysis, and generated reports for periodic updates and ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Experience of complete life cycle development in information systems.
- Experience with Base SAS, SAS/Macro, SQL, SAS/Graph, SAS/ODS and SAS/IML.
SAS Products: BASE/SAS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Macro, SAS/SCL, SAS Procs, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/Connect, SAS/Assist SAS/EG, SAS/ODS, SAS/ETL
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers), C,.NET, HTML 4.0, Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, UNIX Shell Scripting, AutoSys, Cron Job Scheduling using Cron Tab, Rational ClearCase, Clear Quest.
Databases: Oracle, Sybase Teradata, MS SQL Server 2008, DB2 UDB 6.0/7.0, MS Access 7.0/’97/2000
Environment: IBM AIX, MS-DOS 6.22, Windows, UNIX.
QA Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed, maintained, enhanced, and updated the SAS programs/applications for various projects of different applications.
- Extracted data from warehouse using SQL procedure and created SAS data sets.
- Used SAS/Connect, SAS ftp to connect to and retrieve data from Mainframe system.
- Used SAS Base/ SAS Macro for report generation.
- Transferring and migrating data from one platform to another to be used for further analysis.
- Extracted data from DB2 and SQL server using SQL Pass through facility or Libname method and create study specific datasets, which are used as source datasets for ad-hoc reports.
- Used extensively SAS Function to generate summary reports and data mining techniques to underlying trends.
- Re-designed the existing Excel spreadsheet report format to output results as PDF reports.
- Converted CSV files into SAS datasets .
- Modified existing SAS programs and created new programs using SAS macro variables to improve performance.
- Developed SAS programs to generate daily/weekly HTML reports.
- Responsible for Production support on call duties for UNIX jobs.
- Analyzed and resolved root causes and fixed them for the jobs that have been running in production environment.
- Responsible for writing shell scripts that take flat files and load into DB2 tables.
- Developed documentation and standards for data collection and processing.
Environment: Base SAS, SAS/Macro, SAS/SQL, SAS/Connect, SAS/AF, SAS/Graph, SAS/Access, SAS/Stat, Oracle 9i,Teradata Windows NT and UNIX.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Understand and update the existing code or create new code by using BASE/SAS, SAS/MACROS and SAS/SQL to implement new requirements.
- Expertise in statistical modeling and analysis on study data by utilizing appropriate statistical methods.
- Wrote various format and integrity edit checks on CSV files and on staging SAS datasets.
- Develop SAS code to validate data of different portfolios.
- Modified existing SAS programs and created new programs using SAS macro variables to improve ease and speed of modification as well as consistency of results.
- Generate Reports in user required format by using ODS and PROC Report.
- SAS data sets are validated using SAS procedures like Proc Means, Proc Frequency and Proc Univariate.
- Performed data integrity checks and data cleaning using SAS MACROS and data steps, created HTML outputs with table of contents using ODS HTML.
- Used SAS PROC SQL Pass through Facility to work with Teradata database.
- Analyzed and implemented the code and table changes to improve performance and enhance data quality.
- Created and revised the common macros.
- Reading data from different sources like .csv, excel, tab delimited files.
- Perform various business checks on the source data to confirm whether data is correct or not.
- Compare the source data with historical data to get some statistical analysis.
- Perform transformations like Merge, Sort and Update etc. to get the data in required format.
- Create the understandable EXCEL template to start dad mapping for each line of business.
- Extensively utilized SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL and SAS/MACRO.
- Extensively used procedures such as PROC APPEND PROC IMPORT, PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY, PROC CONTENTS and PROC SQL.
- Involved in project review meetings with respective Business SME’s.
- Generate the genealogy by using EXCEL MACRO to make it better understandable to end user.
Environment: SAS 9.1.3, BASE/SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, Oracle 11g, UNIX and Windows XP.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Created reports for online and batch applications for various servers.
- Modified data using SAS/BASE and Macros.
- Prepared graphs using the modified data for business analysis.
- Creation of Data Sets on the Remote Server.
- Decreased the run time of the existing SAS programs by eliminating redundant DATA steps by using WHERE statements instead of IF statements and using PROC FORMAT to format SAS variable values instead of multiple IF statements.
- Coding SAS programs with the use of SAS/BASE and SAS/Macros for ad hoc jobs.
- SAS scripts on MF are run, and the output datasets are exported into SAS.
- Monitored and Analyzed Bank and Cards application usage on MF.
- Maintained and enhanced existing SAS reporting programs for marketing campaigns.
- Maintained SAS statistical analysis for the products purchased every month.
- Used select/when statements wherever possible instead of if/then else statements to increase the efficiency.
- Presented the results and statistical reports in PowerPoint for marketing staff.
- Moved data set across platforms (from PC and Mainframe to UNIX and Vice Versa).
Environment: SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/PC, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, DB2, Base SAS, Mainframes.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Designing and creating SAS datasets from various sources such as flat files and Oracle database, creating reports and files from existing SAS datasets.
- Developed and designing SAS Programs / Macros to access and analyze the Policy and Client data.
- Developing Adhoc-reports as per business requirements and create various reports like summary reports, tabular reports etc.
- Used procedures like PROC FREQ, PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY, PROC COMPARE, PROC SORT, PROC PRINT, and PROC TABULATE AND PROC REPORT to generate SPC charts and box plots and statistical web reports
- Develop new or modify macros for report generation using SAS / Macros as per the statistician’s requirements. Developed SAS programs for statistical analyses and data displays.
- Working with various SAS products SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, SAS/ACCESS and SAS/MACROS and Enterprise Guide etc to develop solutions.
- Responsible for maintenance and Production support work in reporting system using SAS/Base, SAS/Macro in UNIX systems.
- Wrote programs in SAS generate reports, creating RTF, HTML listings, tables and reports using SAS ODS for ad-hoc report generation.
- Designed & developed various ad hoc reports using (Oracle SQL, PL/SQL).
- Developing and designing SAS Programs / Macros to access and analyze financial data.
- Statistical analysis files, tables, listings, and graphs. ETL / Extract data from warehouse /databases and created SAS statistical analysis reports.
- Designed & developed various departmental reports by using SAS, SQL, PL/SQ and MS Excel.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Experience in coding data management plans in the conduct of clinical trial data operations according to plan.
- Involved in presenting Data Management activities to various audiences.
- Data extraction from databases like Oracle, SQL server, delimited text files etc using SQL pass through facility and data steps respectively.
- Wrote Edit Check (DCP and DQA checks) programs for Data validation before using for final analysis
- Different sources were merged using matching conditions and created analysis data sets.
- Thorough knowledge in using SAS/BASE procedures like PRINT, PRINTTO, SORT, SQL, FORMAT, TRANSPOSE, COPY, DATASETS etc
- To create analysis datasets and generate tables, listings and graphs, including Patient Demography and Characteristics, Adverse Events, Laboratory etc, using existing macros and performed Ad-hoc reporting using PROC REPORT
- Generated graphs using SAS/GRAPH and the SAS Graphics Editor. Indexed huge SAS data sets and utilized those indexes as a part of SQL queries for quick results
- Extensive use of data step options like keep, drop, rename, compress as a part of storage efficiencies
- Outer joins and Merge data steps were extensively used in forming the data sets from different data sets
- Match merging using merge statement with in= option was extensively used to find exceptions of Patient numbers from different tables
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the GCP/ICH regulations and 21 CRF Part 11
- Proc surveyselect was frequently used to extract random records from SAS data set
- Generated summary reports for ISS and ISE as a part of NDA regulatory submission.
- Extensive usage of SAS macros, mainly for portability and repetitive tasks. Macro options mlogic, symbolgen, mprint, macrogen etc. are used to debug the macro and macro variables
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes