Sr. Sas Analyst Resume
- Overall 7+ years of experience in database management, data mining, predictive analytics and data analysis.
- Proficient with SAS v9.2/9.3, SAS/BASE, SAS Macros, PROC SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ASSIST, SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE, Oracle.
- Worked with datasets from Finance, Marketing, Health Care and Service Industries.
- Sound statistical knowledge to interpret and diagnose models and make valid conclusions from volumes of data and present it to non - technical teams.
- Experience in Base SAS, SAS/Macros, SAS/SQL, SAS/Stat, SAS/Connect, SAS/Access, SAS/Graph, SAS/ ODS, SAS/OLAP, SAS/EBI, SAS/Grid, SAS Visualizer, SAS/ETS and SPSS modeler.
- Extensively involved in Data Analysis starting from creation of SAS Datasets to generation of reports, tables, listings, summaries and graphs in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and business requirements.
- Used various SAS procedures such as Proc Tabulate, Proc Univariate, Proc SQL, Proc Freq, Proc Means, Proc Summary and ODS.
- Experience in working with SAS Enterprise Guide Software (4.1 & 5.1 versions) for reporting and analytical tasks.
- Strong experience in querying and extraction using PL/SQL Data management.
- Hands on experience in SAS for extracting data from Flat files, Excel spreadsheets and external RDBMS (ORACLE) tables using LIBNAME and SQL PASSTHRU facility
- Experience in performing ad hoc queries for various application and reports on a daily/weekly or monthly basis.
- Extraction and creation of data tables using SAS/ACCESS, SAS/SQL from large scale databases like TERDATA, Oracle Database, Mainframe
- Prepared new Datasets from raw data and modified existing datasets using Set, Merge, Sort and Update, Formats, Functions and conditional statements.
- Developed and managed market segmentation studies, marketing studies, econometric models and revenue forecasting using tools like JMP, SAS EG & SAS Enterprise Miner.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts of MS Excel and VBA excel such as pivot tables, graphs and advanced functions (VLOOKUP, IFELSE, etc.) and Macros.
- Have experience in different databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySql and Teradata.
- Leverage technology and business process skills to generate innovative solutions to address client business problems.
- Built data driven customer strategy in CRM using targeting, Segmentation, royalty, RFM and life time value.
- Created complex web reports from SAS data and information maps using SAS Web Report Studio.
- Performed data extraction, analysis and published results using SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Possess a strong ability to adapt and learn new technologies and new business lines rapidly.
- Effective team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
SAS skills: Base SAS, SAS/Macro, SAS/Connect, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/BI, SAS/Graph, SAS/Internet, SAS/ODS, SAS/Access, SAS Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, SAS Stored Processes Web Application, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Information Map Studio, SAS Forecast studio, SAS DI Studio and Management Console.
SAS Procedures: Print, Transpose, Contents, Means, Chart, Plot, Tabulate, Univariate, Summary, Sort, Reg, SQL, Copy, Freq, Forms, Upload, Download, Formats.
Databases: Access, SQL Server 2008R2,2012,2014, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle 11g,12c.
Software packages: MS Word, Advanced MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SQL Plus.
Reporting Tools: Base SAS versions 9.3/9.2/9/8/6, SAS Enterprise, SAS Graph, MS-Excel, SAS BI Platform, MS-Visio, and MS-PowerPoint.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. SAS Analyst
- Conducted analysis to resolve business issues and assisted in preparing firm communication materials for internal and external audiences.
- Created JMP scripts in order to describe the analysis process in detail.
- Used JMP scripting to create set a set of analysis process (step wise) to fit the same model to new data which has same but many steps.
- Create scoring and recovery models for mortgage business using SPSS modeler
- Developed Base and Advance SAS Programs for data analysis with large and multiple data sets using tools like SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 and/or 5.1, SAS 9.2 and Enterprise Miner, JMP.
- Developed with analyzing large datasets and preparing reports using tools like SAS EG, Miner, Advance
- Excel options, SPSS, JMP, PL/SQL skills in ORACLE DB2, VBA Excel.
- Used data management experience with includes data warehousing and business intelligence principles for data analysis, checking data quality, data organization, data profiling and understanding the metadata & data relationships among the dimensions.
- Develop and coordinate analytics and quantitative modeling associated with risk rating system.
- Set methods and procedures for model estimation, validation and data requirements.
- Extracted data from the database using SAS/Access, SAS/SQL procedures to create datasets (using Oracle DB2 and Teradata) which involved organizing, profiling and define the metadata.
Environment: SAS 9.3, SAS/Access, SAS/Base, SAS/Macro, SAS/Stat, SAS/Graph, SAS/SQL, SAS BI, SAS web reporting studio, SAS DI Studio, Oracle 11g,12c, MS Office, and Unix.
Confidential, Burbank, CA
SAS Programmer /Analyst
- Designed the data migration plan with no downtime, which involved migrating data from Oracle and MySQL (about 25 million photos, 5 million albums) to a single Oracle database.
- Managed a remote team building a new photo uploader, to upload multiple photos at once.
- Increased average photo uploads by 3 times.
- Mentored the team in data and file migration, performance analysis, design and coding.
- Used JMagick and ImageMagick for processing images.
- Automated the existing audit reviews and production.
- Performed approvals for peer audit reviews on reports by analyzing data.
- Developed SAS Macro programs to create ad-hoc reports.
- Worked on generating ad hoc reports, tables and graphs for presentations and data modeling using SAS Web Report Studio.
- Importing all Reports from web report studio, Stored Process, BI Dashboard and Information Map to Information Delivery Portal.
- Used SAS Proc SQL pass through facility to connect to Oracle tables and created SAS datasets using various SQL joins such as left join, right join, inner join and full join.
- Used SAS Macros and SAS SQL to query data and to obtain results which were generally stored as delimited text.
- Created dynamic Macro arrays by SQL and with data step programs.
Confidential, Union, NJ
- Created reports of various types which include sales, consumption and usage all fuel types and services offered by the company to the fleet core.
- Monthly transaction data and annual balances of the credit accounts for all types of credit cards are reported in the month-end reports.
- SAS Macros was used in generating reports with large but repetitive programs, which only require variable changes were run in loops to save time and effort.
- Raw data files in Excel and RTF formats in SAS for invariably short or unrelated data requested for a report was used to append or merge in SAS to obtain desired reports.
- Experienced in handling Terabytes of records and manipulating them through SAS.
- Analysis included Fleet Size Analysis, Segmentation, Predictive Modeling, etc.
- Cleaned existing data and converted them into useful SAS datasets, merged datasets and created reports based on ad-hoc requirements
- Used SAS ODS and Proc Export steps to create all the reports as user interface was completely based on the Windows environment
- Documented all the programs developed for future reference.
- Creating SAS dataset from tables in Database using SAS/Access. Retrieved the data from flat files, oracle database and converted to SAS data sets for Analysis using SAS/Stat procedures.
- Maintenance of large data sets, combining data from various sources in varying formats to create SAS data sets and/or ASCII files by using Set and Merge,, Sort, and Update, Formats, Functions and conditional statements for generating Reports.
- Prepared new Datasets from raw data files using Import Techniques modified existing datasets.
Environment: SAS 9.1.3/9.2, SAS/Connect, SAS Macros, SAS/Access, Oracle 10g, Windows 7, MS Office, HTML, SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, Unix.
Software Test Engineer
- Built and maintained SAS Stored processes using SAS EG and SAS Programs.
- Created data sources for reporting and analysis.
- Configured SAS BI components and solved BI related issues.
- Design and development of reports, charts, data structures, OLAP cubes.
- Developed the DI Studio Jobs with user defined and other transformations.
- Designed & tested jobs to extract files from different source systems.
- Created SAS reports for end user requirements.
- Coding SAS programs with the use of Base SAS and SAS/Macros for ad hoc jobs.
- Created many Perl, CGI reports and Extracted, loaded Teradata DBMS tables using SAS/ETL.
- Ample experience on Teradata/ SQL Pass thru facility.
- Production environment Support and SLA monitoring.
- ETL Job Scheduling and monitoring.
- Resolving the data related issues and performance monitoring of production system.
- Evaluated business requirements and prepared detailed specifications following project guidelines.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/EG, SAS Stored Process Server, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/DI Studio, ORACLE, MS SQL Server, UNIX
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes