- Over 7 years of professional experience in SAS programming, data mining and statistical analysis. I have hands-on expertise in gathering business requirements, designing, developing, implementing, validating and testing database/data warehouse/client server and legacy applications in the Healthcare, Insurance and Banking industry.
- Experience working in SAS Business Intelligence (BI) platform with Enterprise Guide, Stored Process, Information Map Studio, Microsoft Add-In, Dashboards, JMP, OLAP Cubes and Web Report Studio.
- Created reports based on the claims (Medical and Pharmacy) pulled using CPT, ICD-9 and NDC codes for various Diseases.
- Experience in working with SAS on different platforms like Unix (AIX, HP/UX, SunOS), and Windows 9x/2K/NT/XP/7/8.
- Strong experience in SAS/Base, SAS/Graph, SAS/Stat, SAS/Connect, SAS/Access, SAS/ODS, SAS/SQL, SAS/Macro, SAS/EG, SAS/Share, SAS Enterprise BI Server, SAS Management Console.
- Experience in the BI Suite in SAS including SAS Enterprise guide, SAS Olap Cube Studio, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Data Integration Studio and Information Map Studio.
- Extensively worked with Health care data (hospital, lab and physician), which includes various claims, membership details and demographics of the members.
- Have extensive experience in Claims processing.
- Extensive programming experience with Proc SQL, Proc Report, Proc Tabulate, Proc Datasets, Proc Format, Proc Print, SAS/STAT procedures such as Proc Freq, Proc Means, Proc Univariate.
- Experience in developing SAS codes using SAS Enterprise Guide and SQL queries in SAS for creating stored processes using the dynamic prompts containing both packaging and streaming output, and prepared reports using ODS.
- Experience with retail data, banking data and credit card.
- Exposure on every step of entire software development life cycle (SDLC) including data collection, query, modifying and analysis, coding statistical models, summarizing the findings, and presenting the results.
- Extensively used SAS procedures such as freq, report, tabulate, sort, print, transpose, summary and means for producing customized reports and external files.
- Experience in data manipulation procedures such as formats/informats, merge, proc data sets, proc sort, proc transpose and proc rank.
- Good command in importing and exporting complex internal data to and from Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access using Proc Import and Proc Export.
- Proficient experience in different Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, SSIS, DB2 and Teradata.
- Experience with database manipulation (ETL) and SQL programming and reporting.
- Experience with predictive modeling, business analysis, statistical modeling, multi-variate statistics and logistic regression.
- Ability to work efficiently in both independent and team environments, worked with Project Managers, Team Members / Associates, Statisticians, Business Analysts.
- Responsible for creating test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
- Resourceful, able to find solutions when faced with challenges.
SAS Tools: Base SAS 9.3/9.2/9.1.3 /8.2/8.1/6 (mainframe), SAS/Stat, SAS Macros, SAS/SQL, SAS ODS, SAS Graph,
SAS Enterprise, SAS Business Intelligence (BI) platform and SAS EBI.
Reporting Tools: Base SAS versions 9/8/6, SAS Enterprise, SAS Graph, Axum, MS-Excel, SAS BI Platform, SAS Olap
Cube Studio, SAS Web Report Studio, MS-Visio, MS-PowerPoint and SSRS.
RDBMS: SAS/SQL, SAS/Enterprise, SAS BI Platform, DB2, MS-Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and SSIS.
Languages: SAS, SQL, HTML, T-SQL.
Operating System: Windows 95/98/XP/Vista/Win 7/8, Unix, MAC OS, DOS.
Batch Server: Unix, Putty, SSH, SAS scripting.
Web Server: MS-FrontPage, HTML, Linux, Apache Server.
Confidential , Baltimore, MD
Sr. SAS Programmer/ Analyst
- Reviewed Business Process and Develop Process Flow Diagrams.
- Gathered and assimilated data from Oracle, SQL Server and reporting requirements from business
- Extracted data from oracle database using SQL pass- through facility.
- Created complex and reusable Macros and used existing macros for Data Cleansing, Validation analysis and Report generation.
- Extensively with Health care data which includes various claims, membership details and of the members.
- Extracted and load Teradata DBMS tables using SAS/ETL.
- Sourced and analyzed data from a variety of sources like SAS data sets, MS Access, MS Excel, CSV, XML, and flat files etc.
- Ample experience on Teradata/ SQL Pass thru facility.
- Dealt with Teradata EDW Asset Datamart from which data is pulled and did necessary modifications as per the requirement and finally loaded into the respective tables.
- Coded, Modified and automated existing SAS programs to automate process, improve efficiency.
- Extensively used various SAS ODS techniques to generate complex reports.
- Performed quality control (QC) checks on peer developed programs to ensure that the correct source data is used, correct code and logic are used.
- Documented all the programs developed for future reference.
- Creating SAS dataset from tables in Database using SAS/Access. Retrieved the data from flat files, oracle database and converted to SAS data sets for Analysis using SAS/Stat procedures.
- Coding SAS programs with the use of Base SAS and SAS/Macros for ad hoc jobs.
- Created many Perl, CGI reports.
- Maintenance of large data sets, combining data from various sources in varying formats to create SAS data sets and/or ASCII files by using Set and Merge, , Sort, and Update, Formats, Functions and conditional statements for generating Reports.
- Prepared new Datasets from raw data files using Import Techniques modified existing datasets.
- Used Enterprise Guide (EG) for creating, editing and submitting SAS code for stored processes to Application server, for running queries against DB2 to bring the data into the SAS environment.
- Involved in scheduling the existing reports using Unix and SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Wrote Shell scripts for running batch files; performed validation on transported data and reports.
- Extensively researched for cause of errors in code and modified code according to requirements.
Window server, SQL Server, Perl, Unix, MS office and Teradata.
Confidential , Wilmington, DE
Sr. SAS Developer /Analyst
- Responsible for Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Extracted data from databases like Oracle, DB2 and used SAS/Access to read it and run statistical analysis using SAS/Stat.
- Worked with SAS and Proc SQL to extract marketing demographics from a Teradata data warehouse for model testing, segmentation, scoring, and list management purposes.
- Performed advanced querying using SAS Enterprise Guide, calculating computed columns, using filter, manipulate and prepare data for Reporting, Graphing, and Summarization, statistical analysis, finally generating SAS datasets.
- Developed, modified and generated Monthly Business Review (MBR) reports and Quarterly Business Review (QBR) reports summarizing business activity using Proc Univariate, Proc Copy, Proc Transpose, Proc Report, Proc Tabulate and Proc Summary.
- Created financial mortgage data sets using Data steps, DDE functions and DATA NULL .
- Created new financial tables and manipulated customer data by using various joins and merges and then appended the data (Proc append) from the existing source tables containing millions of records.
- Executed the SAS jobs in batch mode through Unix shell scripts
- Review and modify SAS Programs, created customized ad-hoc reports, process data for publishing business reports; automate and distribute designed business reports on schedule in various format.
- Worked on generating ad hoc reports, tables and graphs for presentations and data modeling using SAS Web Report Studio.
- Importing all Reports from web report studio, Stored Process, BI Dashboard and Information Map to Information Delivery Portal.
- Performed Source system study to load the Hierarchy Table. Created Multiple Mappings to load data from including mainframe data available in DB2 schema.
- Developed loss prediction model using Enterprise miner modeling solutions and SAS procedures.
- Created and delivered reports and presentations with key findings and recommendations.
- Provided technical support on SAS programming related to data manipulation and analysis.
- Wrote macros, developed concise SAS scripting and used SQL to concatenate and join datasets from different database management systems using indexes and loops
- Exported SAS Reports to the Excel Sheet by using ODS/Tagsets/Excel XP to get the output in multisheets.
- Developed and used scripts to schedule SAS Jobs.
- Customizing the existing Macros according to the need and requirement, testing and debugging the Macros and creating more complex and reusable Macros.
Environment: SAS 9.3, SAS/Connect, SAS Macros, SAS/Access, Oracle 10g, SAS Web report Studio, SAS Olap and EBI Server, HTML, SAS Enterprise Guide, Unix, SAS Stored Processes Web Application, T-SQL, MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, DB2, Windows 7, MS Office and Teradata.
Confidential , Madison, WI
- Worked extensively with Health care data (hospital, lab and physician), which includes various claims, membership details and demographics of the members.
- Built an analytical data mart for the predictive analysis team for predicting future utilization measures.
- Coded, modified and automated existing programs writing complex Macros for improving efficiency.
- Created reports based on the claims (Medical and Pharmacy) pulled using CPT, ICD-9 and NDC codes for various Diseases.
- Used procedures like Proc Import for getting data into SAS from different formatted files like Excel, CSV file, .txt files etc.,
- Presented statistical results with the help of pie diagrams and bar graphs using SAS/Stat.
- Extensively used SAS/Macros, Proc SQL, Proc Transpose, Arrays and Microsoft Excel.
- Worked on creating Membership files writing a logic that brings in only continuously enrolled members.
- Extensive knowledge on Claims processing forms such as CMS-1500 and CMS-1450(UB-04).
- Extracted data from various databases (DB2, Oracle) into SAS using SQL pass-through facility for creating various reports required based on the requirements.
- Coded for Metabolic-Syndrome project for predictive analysis team, where members with different risk factors of the disease were identified with their respective Diagnosis, Procedure and NDC codes.
- Worked with huge data for pre-diabetes project, where based on past data future occurrence of the diabetes is predicted.
- Validated a pre-sales package created by another SAS programmer.
- Ran some reports for compliance rates of the members with particular rules given by the Business user.
- Leveraging the exciting codes that can be used in processing, developing, maintaining and analyzing data more efficiently
- Produced statistical reports for various business needs and expertise in data preparations, data cleaning and analysis.
- Worked on the post campaign response reports along with other programmer.
- Created summary tables and listed outputs.
- Worked with presentation and reporting procedures like Format, Report, Print, Sort etc.
- Created reports using Unix Shell scripting for weekly and monthly reports
Windows, Oracle, MS Office and DB2.
Confidential, Bangalore, India
- Participated in business requirement walk through, design walk through and analyzed Business requirements.
- Extraction of data from Oracle, created into datasets. Performing data validation, transforming data from RDBMS oracle to SAS datasets.
- Done Enhancements for the existing business reports like incorporating new business variables.
- Developed, modified, and generated Monthly Business Review (MBR) reports summarizing business activity.
- Uploading data into the warehouse application on monthly basis.
- Worked closely with data modeling team and management like Marketing managers, Campaign managers, financial managers etc., to analyze customer related data, generate custom reports, tables and listings.
- Worked extensively in sorting, merging, concatenating and Dynamic Formatting as optimized technique for SAS data sets.
- Cleaning of data using SAS Procedures like Proc Freq /Proc Univariate.
- Extensively used various Base SAS procedures like Proc SQL, Proc Summary, Proc Format, Proc Print, Proc sort etc for reporting purposes. Used SAS procedures for Importing and Exporting data to MS-Excel.
- Transformations using Base SAS Procedures and Functions.
- Migrated Main Frame JCL jobs into Unix Shell Scripting for running SAS nightly jobs.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from DB2, SQL server, oracle, Flat files and XML as sources to Oracle Data warehouse as target.
- Worked on Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformation Developer.
- Extensively used various types of transformations such as Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Joiner, Update strategy and Lookup (Connected and Unconnected) to load the data.
- Extensively involved in designing and developing of Star Schema Model for Data Store.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential and concurrent Batches and Sessions and scheduling them to run at specified time with required frequency.
- Have knowledge about Informatica Sever tools –Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Server Manager.
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
Informatica 6.1, DB2, Java, Cognos, SQL, Teradata V2R4 (MLOAD, FLOAD, Fast Export, BTEQ), XML, IBM AIX 5.3, Unix,
Shell Scripting, WINSQL, Ultra editor, Oracle 8i/9i, SQL Server 2000, Mainframe, SunOS 5.8, DTS, Erwin, Windows XP.