- Certified SAS Professional with 8+ years of working experience in HealthCare, financial and Pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience working in SAS BI platform with Enterprise Guide 4.2/5.1, SAS Web Report Studio 3.1/4/2, SAS Information Map Studio 3.1/4.2, SAS Information Delivery Portal, SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, SAS Stored processes on 9.2/9.3
- Proficient in SAS/Base, SAS/Macro, SAS/SQL, SAS/Connect, SAS/STAT, SAS/Access, SAS/Graph, SAS ETL studio, SAS/EG, SAS/AF and SAS/ODS in UNIX and Windows environments.
- Supporting and maintaining different applications like SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS OLAP Cube Studio, SAS DI Studio, SAS Information Map Studio, SAS Information Delivery Portal, SAS Web Report Studio.
- Worked closely with Business users in gathering the requirements for project documentation and generated reports. Involved in all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Expertise with various SAS procedures like Proc Means, ProcFreq, Proc Sort, Proc Format, Proc Report, Proc Tabulate, Data NULL , Proc Print, Proc Summary, Proc SQL, Proc Import, Proc Export for importing and exporting data, Proc Contents and Proc Datasets to view the contents of the SAS libraries.
- Experience in data cleansing, data archival, data migration, data manipulation and generating customized reports with SAS data steps and procedures on various environments.
- Created various output styles based on the business requirements using ODS statements.
- Worked on SAS datasets using the ETL concepts to increase the overall performance andfamiliar with the concepts of OLAP, Stored Procedures.
- Responsible for Data extraction from several databases including Oracle, SQL Server and other external files.
- Extensive experience in RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access, Teradata.
- Demonstrated high energy, professionalism, strong problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills. Possess leadership skills as well as the ability to work independently and on a team.
- Experience on creating web reports using SAS Web report studio on both front end and back end.
- Ability to work in self-directed environment and very good team player with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have theoretical Knowledge on SAS Visual Analytics tool and also have good knowledge on SAS 9.4 updates and upgrades for SAS 9.4 BI tools.
Windows2000/2003, XP, UNIX
Base SAS, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ODS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/Connect, SAS/HTML
SAS/Enterprise Guide, SAS/Information map, SAS/DI studio, SAS/OLAP cube studio, SAS/Management Console, SAS/Web Report Studio, SAS/Information Delivery Portal, SAS/BI Dashboard, SAS/Stored Process and Stored Process Web Application.
SQL, PLSQL, C, C++, VB coding for Microsoft Access
DB2, Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and Teradata.
MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access).
SAS BI Developer
- Gathering, compiling and analyzing business requirements for reporting related requests; translate high level business requirements into design specifications; and manage changes to specifications in SAS applications.
- Managing assigned SAS production support work for established reporting applications and processes enabling delivery of detail reporting and analytics associated with critical business functions.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert working with internal customers which includes Integrated Supply Chain (i.e. Manufacturing and Planning); Customer Facing (i.e. Sales and Service); Shared Services (i.e.Finance and HR); and Product Innovation (i.e. Quality and R&D) and other team members to develop reporting solutions in SAS with future transition development skills to SAP BW.
- Performing software development for Data Warehousing computer systems within standard BD environments. Develop code according to specifications and conduct technical unit testing and systems testing.
- Providing accurate estimation of the level of effort required for various assigned tasks and provides work estimates to overall project plans.
- Generating SAS EG stored processes with static and dynamic prompts for product-specific analyses.
- Advanced Querying using SAS Enterprise Guide, calculating computed columns, using filter, manipulate and prepare data for Reporting, Graphing, and Summarization, statistical analysis, finally generating SAS datasets.
- Pulling the data in SAS using Proc SQL and refresh the data mart on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Importing SAS datasets, OLAP Cubes in SAS Information Map Studio .Using instructions on how to access and combine relational Data tables, calculating new data items, created multiple pre-defined filters.
- Building Quick Reports from Web Report Studio using Information maps, create filters, graphs, and customize reports.
- Produced various reports based on frequency – On-Demand, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Annually, etc. Extensively used SAS ODS to create the PDF and EXCEL reports.
- Worked with data conversion and loading history data from SAP R/3 to SAP ECC in the Everest project and handling cutover issues.
- Worked on scheduling the jobs and also monitored the jobs in the production environment.
- Also engaged in SAS peer code review, after completing every code, and checked for SQL standards and complete documentation and maintained a record on the share-point.
Environment: SAS/Base 9.1.3, SAS/EG 4, SAS/Macro, SAS/Access, SAS/Connect, SAS/ODS, SQL server, SAS/OLAP CUBE Studio, SAS BI Dashboard, SAS Stored Processes Web Application, SAS Management Console, SAS Web Report Studio, Oracle 11g, SQL Server Management Console, SAS Enterprise BI Server.
Sr. Business Technical Analyst/Lead
- Evaluated financial impact of implemented initiatives and prepared using SAS EG and presented detail and summary level reports including data driven business recommendations and alternatives.
- The main responsibilities in this position are to enable process and trend analysis and provide recommendations for the implementation of new/revised operational and/or reporting processes.
- Developed ad-hoc reports using SQL Pass through, libname Statements and PROC SQL to interact with different RDBMS like Oracle, SQL server.
- Analyzed data using PROC FREQ, PROC MEANS, PROC Transpose and PROC PLAN to effectively and efficiently coordinate quality activities and improve performance metrics of organizational goals.
- Performed activities to comply with annual HEDIS data collection and analysis, preparing recommendations to increase rates as appropriate.
- Planned, organized and managed the design, development and analysis of a wide variety of Telephonic Outreach Programs.
- Used SAS/GRAPHS to build reports with drill through capability.
- Extensively used ODS HTML, ODS PDF, ODS RTF to prepare, compile, review and submit monthly and quarterly reports for quality committee meetings.
- Participated in the development, review and updating of various reports in the department using SAS Macros.
- Created PROMTs in SAS EG to provide parameters as necessary.
- Developed P4P database, MIP database and CM database using Microsoft Access and debugged various SAS Macros in producing the member mailing letters in PDF format from SAS.
- Update the databases and maintain the databases for any user issues, modifications and concerns in the forms reports and data errors.
- Performed statistical analysis to analyze the performance of various member outreach programs and various PIP’s.
- Created process flow jobs in EG for the better understanding to the client and generated reports as required to handle business.
- Used Transformations that are provided in SAS EG to develop process flow to generate reports to handle business requirements.
- Used GMAPS to generate reports that are used for the better representation of the data.
Environment: SAS/Base 9.3, SAS/EG 5.1, SAS/Macro, SAS/Access, SAS/Connect, SAS/UNIX, SAS/ODS, SQL server, SAS/OLAP CUBE Studio.Confidential
SAS BI Developer
- Generated simple statistics of the data using PROC MEANS, PROC FREQ and data analysis.
- Created XLSX, XLS pivot tables and reports using PROC EXPORT and DDE Techniques for analysis.
Environment: SAS 9.2, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS/Access (Oracle / Teradata), SAS/Connect, Stored Process, SAS/Information Map Studio, SAS/Web Report Studio, SAS Add-in for MS Office, SAS/STAT, SAS/EG, Excel, UNIX (HP-UX), WindowsConfidential
Environment: SAS/Base 9.1, SAS/EG 4.0, SAS/Macro, SAS/Access, SAS/Connect, SAS/UNIX, SAS/ODS, SAS/Macros, ORACLE 9i, TOAD, SQL, MS Excel, Autosys, SAS/OLAP CUBE Studio, SAS/DI Studio, SAS/IMAPS, SAS/WRS.