- 8+ years of experience in using SAS as data management and statistical analysis tool in Retail Banking, Credit Card, Insurance, Home Mortgage, Prime Brokerage and other financial services.
- Core technical expertise in design, development and debugging SAS programs and Macros to query, extract and manipulate large datasets, perform statistical model analysis, produce files, tables, listings, graphs, reports using SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/ODS, SAS/ETL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/CONNECT, SAS enterprise 4.1, SAS Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Data mart and Oracle in Windows and UNIX environment.
- Expertise: SAS Base, Advanced SAS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/MA, SAS/BI, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, Oracle, SAS/ MACROS, UNIX AIX
- Hands on experience in SAS Programming, Merging SAS Data Sets, Developing SAS procedures, Macros, Preparing Data, Producing Reports, SAS Formats, SAS Functions, SAS Informats, Storing and Managing Data in SAS Files.
- Experience in databases such as Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008 , DB2 and Teradata V2R6 and in writing SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL Packages, procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors as per the business needs.
- Heavily interacted with the Business Users to gather requirements, Design Tables, standardize interfaces for receiving data from multiple operational sources, coming up with load strategies of loading staging area and data marts.
- Extensively worked on concatenating, interleaving, and merging large SAS datasets.
- Experience with like PROC PRINT, PROC SORT, PROC CONTENTS, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, PROC MEAN, PROC SUMMARY, PROC FREQUENCY, PROC TRANSPOSE, PROC FORMAT, PROC SQL, Data NULL , Enterprise Data Miner.
- Performed end to end marketing campaign analysis.
- Expertise in creation of OLAP cubes using business intelligence tool.
- Experience in developing and building statistical models by application of multivariate methods to the analysis of profiling biological (Omics) data: Microarrays, Proteomics, Metabolomics (PCA, PCO, Cluster Analysis); Performing Survival analysis (Cox regression) and analysis of Case-Control and Cohort studies and validating logistic risk models and preparing reports using health data from multiple sources.
- Expertise in developing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions, Triggers and Tuning. Experience with SAS/SCL and employing various SAS procedures such as, Proc Print, Proc Report, Proc Summary, Proc Freq, Proc Mean, Proc Transpose, and Proc SQL for producing external files and reports.
- Technical expertise in implementing Output Delivery System (ODS) to create customized outputs like HTML, RTF and PDF. Experience in creating charts (horizontal/vertical bar charts, block charts, 2-D/3-D pie charts, donut charts, star charts) using Chart and GChart procedure in SAS/Graph to graphically represents the data.
- Worked with Business Partners, Statisticians, and key stakeholders to provide SAS programming in analyzing data as well as generating reports, tables and listings.
- Good experience in UNIX and Shell Scripting. Worked with batch files.
- Used ODS to display outputs in HTML, RTF and PDF.
- Extensive experience in writing reusable macros and Debugging.
- Good Communication Skills and ability to contribute as an Individual and also a good team player.
- SAS Skills: Enterprise Guide v3.0, v4.1, v8.0, v9.1.3
- SAS Tools: SAS/BASE, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/MACROS, SAS/AF, SAS/EG, SAS/EM, SAS Forecast Server, SAS/ODS, SAS/REPORTS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/STAT
- SAS PROCS: Print, Means, Univariate, Correlation, Regression, SQL, Tabulate, Freq, Sort, Summary, Format, Import, Export, Transpose, Compare, Gplot
- Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML
- Database: MS ACCESS, SQL Server, Oracle Clinical, Watson LIMS
- Others: MSOffice
- Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX (Sun Solaris)
- Analyzed source data and gathered requirements from the business users.
- Involved in Functional Design and Technical Design documents.
- Developed a DataMart extracting data from different sources like SQL Server, Oracle and flat files from mainframes.
- Extracted data from the databases using SQL SAS/Access, SAS SQL procedures and create SAS data sets.
- Performed data analysis, created reports with extensive use of BASE SAS, Macros and SAS reports with the help of default procedures.
- Created new programs and modified existing programs.
- Created reports using SAS /ODS and SAS /Views from SQL Server database tables into different formats like HTML and RTF
- Created reports using PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, ODS statements and PROC TEMPLATE to generate output formats in HTML and also generated crystal reports using Business Objects.
- Generated HTML, PDF and other reports using SAS/Enterprise Guide and SAS Web Report Studio.
- Restructured SAS datasets using PROC TRANSPOSE procedure.
- Applied SAS macros to automate the code so that they generate reports on the invocation of the macro, which helped to save time and manual intervention.
- Involved for eventual source analysis in the part of decommissioning databases.
- Administered SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence (SAS EBI) platform on Unix (Solaris 10 SPARC) servers. Supported end users, installed and tested new SAS software components, applied hot fixes and upgrades. Managed metadata for all users and resources.
- Served as primary business contact for the EBI platform's physical servers. Interfaced with IT support for all hardware upgrades, operating system patches, and troubleshooting.
- Established and managed peer group for administrators of all six SAS EBI instances at WaMu.
- Negotiated license-management agreement procedures among SAS admin peer group, Involved model test plan, model validation plan for test documents ,procedures and validation of the model
- Coding updates are deployed to test regions by release management
- Developed model specs which contains functional requirements requested by LOB.
- Used SAS/ODS Facility to create style report in HTML, RTF or PDF as per the requirement.
Environment: SAS 9.1, SAS/AF, MACROS, PC SAS, TSO/ISPF, CLIST, COBOL, FILE-AID, FTP, VSAM, DB2, IMS, SYBASE, MS-ACCESS, JCL, ZOS, JOBTRAC, LOTUS NOTES, NDM, MS-EXCEL, UNIX, AUTOSYS, MS-VISIO, MS-WORD, RATIONAL CLEAR CASE and RATIONAL CLEAR QUEST
SAS Developer/ Technical Analyst
- Extraction of data from ORACLE database and manipulation of data.
- Cleaned existing data and converted them into useful SAS Datasets, merged datasets and created reports based on Ad-hoc requirements.
- Used SAS Data Step logics to Sort, Merge, Stack, Update and Interleave datasets for producing required analysis of data.
- Worked with various EDI transactions like 834,835,837,276,277in accordance with HIPPA standards
- Conversion of ORACLE SQL codes into SAS Programs.
- Automation of SAS Programs.
- Used Proc Report, Proc Tabulate, Proc FREQ, Proc Summary, Proc Transpose, and Proc GPLOT, Proc GCHART Proc Gbarline and Proc Greplay for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Adhoc Reporting.
- Used ODS HTML (excel) and PDF.
- Conducted extensive background research of scientific and technical literature based on Epidemiological studies; reviewed existing background data reported to medical surveillance systems; and documented any relevant data available from the civilian community. Documented trends, rates and relative impacts of illnesses and injuries among the population(s) being studied and prepared results of findings.
- Provided data in SAS transport files and other appropriate deliverables and documentation for regulatory submissions. Moved data sets across platforms (from PC and mainframe to UNIX and vice versa).
- Imported and converted data files from Excel, Word, Text Based Data files into SAS Data Sets for analysis.
- Involved in code changes for SAS programs and UNIX shell scripts
- Reviewed and modified SAS Programs, to create customized ad-hoc reports, processed data for publishing business reports.
- Created flow charts to exhibit the flow of data from source datasets to the final reports
- Extensively used PROC SQL and indexing for highly advanced matching and merging between large datasets.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE 4.2, ENTERPRISE MINER 5.3, SQL, SAS MACROS, SAS/ACCESS, ORACLE (10g), TOAD, UNIX (AIX 5.2), Shell Scripting, PERL Scripting, XML, XSD, XML Spy 2008, WINDOWS, Secure CRT and Secure FX
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Attended project team meetings, worked with statisticians, data managers and research managers. Reviewed and provided feedback for Data integrity plans.
- Produced analytical files, reports, data imports and analysis queries using SAS, Korn shell scripting & DB2, SQL Plus and SQL Analyzer.
- Performed data extraction and manipulation from various databases (Oracle and Teradata) for claims data. Extracted data using SAS/ACCESS and performed data cleaning. Used SPDS for gathering subsets of claims data and optimizing BI performance by separating transactional data store, from BI and analytic application data stores.
- Merged different data sets using one-one and match merging. Used logical variables like first and last to find and eliminate duplicate observations.
- Coordinated the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly EMR and claims reports for senior management.
- Executed marketing campaigns and produced telemarketing, direct mail, email and Popup lists.
- Provided update support to the claims databases and files used in the development and research of various campaigns.
- Utilized statistical procedures like Univariate, Freq, Report, SQL and Transpose to generate tables, listings and used Crystal Reports for summarizing data reports and ad-hoc trend reports.
- Provide consulting services to account executive managers and third party clients in the development of an online Marketing Database task tracking system.
- Used SAS BI for implementing OLAP, analytics, predictive analytics and reporting business information.
- Created SAS MACROs for applications to extend and customize SAS software programs and used existing SAS MACROS for standard reporting.
- Developed applications from detailed specifications using SAS, SAS/AF and SCL to enable generation of listings, tables and graphs for inclusion in claims reports.
Environment: SAS 8.1, SAS/Macro, SAS/STAT, SAS/Share. SAS/ACCESS, SAS/AF, SCL, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ODS, SAS/SQL, SAS/MA, SAS/BI, SPDS, Crystal reports, Oracle 8i, Korn Shell scripts, Teradata, UNIX AIX
- Worked on models (default and roll rate predictive models) at consumer risk modeling analytics (CRMA).
- Analysis included Segmentation and building of Accounts, Characteristic and Performance tables and validating the performance of each account.
- Worked closely with the business users, forecasting group and the statistical group across different business Units to gather requirements for enhancing the existing process and functionality.
- Developed SAS programs and used SQL Pass Through and Libname methods to extract data from the DB2 and ORACLE and created study specific SAS datasets.
- Developed ad hoc and production alerting and reporting jobs using Base SAS 9.2, SAS ODS, SAS Web Portal, SQL (IBM DB2 and Oracle 10g).
- Redeveloped and enhanced existing production jobs for improved performance and reliability. Specifically focused on database extracts and resource contention.
- Acted as liaison between business and technical teams within CBRM.
- Developed tools to allow self-service resource utilization monitoring for analysts and developers.
- Advised analysts and statisticians on technical issues.
- Conducted internal SAS education efforts, focusing on SAS MACRO programming and SAS/database interactions (DATA step vs. SQL Passthrough, PUT/UNPUT, date conversions between systems, extract consolidation).
- Designed application to monitor health, availability, and performance of SAS workspace servers, production jobs, and upstream data sources.
- Used SAS Data Step logics to Sort, Merge, Stack, Update and Interleave datasets for producing required analysis of data.
- Used various Statistical Procedures like PROC FREQ, PROC MEANS, and PROC UNIVARIATE to analyze data and generate reports.
- Documentation, presentation, data reports and model results to the team/manager.
- Effectively worked with users to define business processes and information systems for supporting those processes.
Environment: SAS 9.0, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS BI, DB2, SQL, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, IBM Z9/ZOS, Windows/XP, OS/390, COBOL, JCL, VSAM.
Kaiser Permanente Health Plan Mar 2005 –Oct 2007
SAS/Financial Analyst – Credit Analytics Team & Production Support
- Performed ETL, data migration, reporting, validation and documentation.
- Developed SAS code for extracting the text files from a secured place using FTP.
- Created SAS datasets from extracted text files on SAS data mart.
- Loading of data from SAS data mart into SQL database.
- Automation of SAS codes in UNIX environment.
- Developed and scheduled regular UNIX scripts on regular basis.
- Played domain administrative role for changing permissions for tables in SAS DataMart using UNIX.
- Testing and implementing the code into production by adding the field names and conditions to the existing code.
- Interacted regularly with the risk management team and provided recommendations based on the result of the data analysis.
- Provided production support for credit risk management.
- Exporting Mainframe, DB2 extract files into Pipe delimited and comma separated text files.
- Proc Means was applied on the data to determine the statistical variables for the data
- A combination of PROC SORT and PROC SUMMARY by CLASS were used to produce a sub-sorted output.
- Query data from existing databases using SQL pass through facility.
- Generate reports in different formats such as HTML and PDF and using SAS/ODS.
- Removal of pipes in between the data using SAS functions.
- Created the metadata for all the field names in data mart.
- Done forecasting analysis and reporting on marketing data using statistical techniques such as UNIVARIATE, CORRELATION, REGRESSION and ANOVA.
- Submitted reports using various statistical procedures like PROC FREQ, MEANS, SUMMARY, etc.
Environment: SAS 8/8.2, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS/Graph, Shell Scripting, IBM AIX 5.3, UNIX, MVS, JCL, VSAM, COBOL II, Oracle 8, PL/SQL, and Windows NT/2000