- More than 7 years of experience in SAS Programming with Financial, Banking, Prime Brokerage, Pharmaceuticals and Clinical industries.
- Expert hand on knowledge of SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ETS, SAS/ODS and SAS/SQL
- Extensive programming experience with SAS datasets and procedures such as proc format, proc tabulate, proc report, proc transpose, proc print, proc SQL and SAS/STAT procedures such as proc Corr, Proc Reg, Proc Glm, Proc Anova, proc freq, proc Means, proc univariate etc.
- Worked with the marketing team and analyzed marketing data using SAS tools to generate reports, tables, listing and graphs.
- Experience in developing SAS Macros and application for data updates, data cleansing and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge storing and managing data, creating reports, data cleaning and validation, merging and updating datasets.
- Proficiency in use of numeric, character and date SAS functions as substr, scan, index, transwrd, translate, catx, round, sum, qtr, month, weekdate, etc.
- Successfully increased portability of existing SAS programs and created new programs using SAS macro variables to improve efficiency and consistency of result.
- Successfully analyzed business logic and system needs to prepare dataflow diagrams and documentation.
- Particularly adapt in identifying technology solutions for business problems and implementing them.
- Through experience in data extraction and sorting from various databases like Oracle, DB2, COBOL, JCL and MS Access using PL/SQL and SQL.
- Strong command over Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Modification of existing SAS programs and creation of new programs using SAS macros to improve ease and speed of modification as well as consistency of results.
- Result oriented, committed and hard working with a quest to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
- Excellent leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic to develop new skills in a dynamic environment. Go-getter attitude and a good team player.
SAS Tools: SAS 8/9.1/9.2, Base SAS, SAS/MACROS, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ETS, SAS/ODS
Statistical Tools: MINITAB, SPSS, R, TORA
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/XP, DOS, IBM AIX 5.2, UNIX
Language: SQL, XML, HTML, DHTML, Java Script, VB Script, Shell Scripting
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MS Access 2003
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Credit Card Services
This project included generation of statistical analysis for Marketing, Sales and Distribution data using SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH, HTML, COBOL and Oracle/DB2.
- Using proc SQL extracted marketing demographics from DB2 data warehouse for model testing, segmentation, scoring, and list management purposes.
- Following project specifications, wrote, tested, debugged, documented, and implemented complex SAS programs to produce mailing, telemarketing, and email lists for specific business and retail marketing efforts.
- Interacted with clients, modelers and analysts to refine targeted populations and control groups.
- Used extensive macro programming to optimize the code and to replace repetitive codes.
- Converted SAS catalogs to PDF reports and modified pre existing macros to latest requirements.
- Statistical analysis (Descriptive statistics, Factorial ANOVA, Regression analysis, creating graphs and charts (2D/3D) etc.) for the data in different departments.
- Performed data analysis, statistical analysis, generated reports, listing and graphs using SAS tools-SAS/BASE, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL and SAS/ACCESS.
- Imported data from mainframe flat files and relational database (Oracle) files into SAS files per detailed specifications.
- Extracted Data from DB2,COBOL Files and converted to Analytic SAS Datasets
- Involved in development and enhancement of SAS programs for user acceptance and generating report, tables and listing.
- Successfully used SAS/STAT to perform analysis of variance, multivariate analysis of variance and repeated analysis of variance.
- Created survival graphs in Excel by transporting SAS data sets into Excel spreadsheets.
- Effectively prepared and published various performance reports and presentations.
- Generated graphs using SAS/Graph and the SAS Graphic Editor.
- Developed routine SAS macros to crate tables, graphs and listings.
- Extensively used the SET, Update and Merge statements for creating, updating and merging various SAS datasets.
- Participated in user requirement discussions and data quality assessment.
- Effectively worked with users to define business processes and information systems for supporting those processes.
Environment: SAS 9.1, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS BI, DB2, PL/SQL, IBM Z9/ZOS, Windows/XP, OS/390, COBOL, JCL, VSAM.
Confidential, Durham, North Carolina
- Extracted raw data from an Oracle database and used SAS/ACCESS to read it and ran statistical analysis using SAS/STAT.
- Extracted data using Proc SQL and Pass-Thru SQL to Create SAS Analysis Data Sets. PL/SQL and Oracle Stored Procedures were extensively used. Proc Compare, Proc Summary, Proc Contents and Proc Report were used for analyzing and verifying data.
- Created SAS datasets by extracting data from various sources and used complicated data step logic
- Executed the SAS jobs in batch mode through UNIX shell scripts
- Created remote SAS sessions to run the jobs in parallel mode to cut off the extraction time as the datasets were generated simultaneously
- Involved in code changes for SAS programs and UNIX shell scripts
- Reviewed and modified SAS Programs, to create customized ad-hoc reports, processed data for publishing business reports.
- Created flow charts to exhibit the flow of data from source datasets to the final reports
- Automated SAS jobs running on a daily, weekly and monthly basis using SAS/BI & Unix Shell Scripting
- Building of generic utility processes for large volume sort, sort/summation, and UNIX batch SAS execution
- Conversion of QMF queries to SAS SQL processing.
- Migrated MainFrame JCL jobs into Unix Shell Scripting for running SAS nightly jobs.
- Worked on extracting data from VSAM databases and creating feeds to a SAS System.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Built a batch application that recreates business procedures using SAS Base, SAS macro and SAS Access, basic SAS Stat
- Supported Mainframe application which used SAS to extract and format credit card billing records.
- Validation included structured test plans, test databases, reengineering documentation of legacy processes
- Created final reports in Excel sheets which were then accessed by the business users.
- Developed standard reports using Base SAS and Macro Language.
- Provided up-to-date industry and company specific reports.
- Worked with more than hundred million rows of data sets.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS Warehouse Administrator, MVS, ISPF, JCL, VSAM, DB2, PL/SQL, IBM AIX 5.X, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS Excel and Windows 2000/XP
Confidential, Jersey city, NJ
- Actively involved in design and implementation of application software using primarily SAS system and analyzed existing application software and recommended improvements.
- Designed flowcharts indicating the input data sets and the techniques that would be used (sorting, merging, etc.) to get the desired output.
- Processed data collection to ensure proper quality of data
- Maintained data collection to ensure proper quality of data.
- Developed SAS macros for data cleaning, reporting and to support routing processing.
- Present numerical information in various formats. Created SAS Customized report using the Data null technique.
- Merging, Indexing, appending and sorting the data sets using various SAS procedures and other SAS tools.
- Worked with the specified marketing teams to clearly identify the selection criteria needed for each list.
- Involved in validation of analysis datasets, tables and listings using Proc compare and code walk-through.
- Generated graphs using SAS/GRAPH and the SAS Graphics Editor. Used Proc Report to generate reports.
- Developed macros to generate customized report using DATA NULL and PROC REPORT, TABULATE AND SUMMARY.
- Created SAS/Views from Oracle database tables.
- Analyzed and interpreted numerical data from various sources organized and summarized data for analysis.
Environment: SAS 8.2, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS/Graph, and Windows NT/2000
Confidential, Newark, DE
Confidential is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare.
Project: Confidential - Customized program to help Customers and their employees in maintaining standards of health care, by identifying Chronic & Preventive conditions and help close the Confidential through a well-designed pattern of interventions. A set of standard rules for identified conditions are fired against the Risk groups and the members are monitored for adherence to the rules. The members may also be referred to other Programs.
- Imported data from mainframe flat files with copybooks and relational database (Oracle) files into SAS files per detailed specifications.
- The project involved analysis of clinical trials data and preparation of electronic submission documents to be submitted to FDA and providing Statistical reports.
- Extracting data from MS Excel and Oracle Database into SAS datasets
- Validation of input character data using Proc FREQ and numeric data using Proc UNIVARIATE
- Creating data definition tables for electronic submission using Proc CONTENTS and Proc FORMAT
- Used SAS/Graph and SAS/STAT to generate the plots of the variables and regression lines.
- Wrote Base SAS and macros code to validate the data sets before running the statistical models
- Created database conversion programs for clinical studies according to the Data Management Plan (DMP), tracked each receipt of non-CRF data, assisted in the process of locking & freezing databases, sent interim, frozen and final databases to client
- Creating or modifying SAS programs to generate the appropriate tables, listings, and figures involved in the aforementioned activities and to prepare documentation of all programs written.
- Creating HTML formatted reports using ODS techniques
- Comparing consistency of SAS variables formats and format codes across multiple studies.
- Creating report templates using Proc REPORT
Environment: SAS 8, SAS/MACROS, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/SQL, Oracle 8, PL/SQL, UNIX AND WINDOWS 2000.