- Versatile SAS professional with over 6 years of experience in developing software applications for Financial, Health Care and Insurance sectors.
- Proficient in developing different methods of Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) into data warehouse and sound knowledge of data management principles, database design, data analysis, and manipulation.
- Competent working in SAS Business Intelligence (BI) platform with DI Studio, Enterprise Guide, OLAP Cubes, Stored Process, Information Map Studio, Microsoft Add-In and Web Report Studio.
- Efficient in SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/Connect, SAS/SQL and SAS/ODS.
- Comfortableworking with SAS on different platforms like UNIX (SunOS) and WINDOWS.
- Extensively worked on various RDBMS like Oracle, Teradata, and SQL Server.
- Concrete knowledge of databases and proven ability to manage large volume data.
- Proven ability in judicious market segmentation by dividing customers into appropriate levels and generating reports to facilitate suitable strategies.
- Experience in carrying out Marketing Campaigns and evaluating customer information.
- Proven skills in data cleansing, data archival, data migration, ad-hoc reporting, and coding using SAS on various environments.
- Wide experience in gathering customer behavior data from a wide variety of data sources to identify actionable insights for improvement.
- Excellent command in data analysis, cleansing, and validation along with providing applicable recommendations.
- Systematic in gathering report requirements and thorough in preparation of the report design documents.
- Extensive experience in arranging and participating in meetings with business users.
- Thorough Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office tools like MS Access, MS word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Constantly met scheduled timelines for all projects, always prioritizing business solutions for the client.
- Confident, self-motivated, and prompt to follow instructions with proven abilities in establishing effective task priorities withresult oriented attitude.
SAS TOOLS:SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/EG, SAS/Access, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ODS.
SAS BI TOOLS: SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS DI Studio, SAS OLAP Cubes, SAS Add-In to MS Office, SAS Information Map Studio, SAS Stored Process, and SAS Web Report Studio.
DATABASE: Teradata, Oracle, MS-SQL Server 2000, MS Access.
OPERATING SYSTEM: UNIX, MS Windows.
MS OFFICE TOOLS: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
OOD SUITES: Microsoft Visio.
SAS BI Developer
Confidential one of the major international banks, is the consumer banking side of the multinational financial services corporation Citigroup. In addition to standard banking transactions, it offers insurance, credit cards, and other investment products. As a SAS BI Developer, I assisted the marketing department bycreating data marts/warehouse (designing, developing, automating, and testing source to target mappings extensively using SAS DI Studio) which were used for segmenting different target groups for new line of credit card marketing. I was also involved in a Business Marketing Campaigns which analyzed existing credit card customer behavior on their spending trends. One of the objectives was to modify the existing cash back policy according to their spending trend.
- Was responsible for creating data mart/data warehouseusing BI Tools with the extensive use of SAS DI Studio.
- Extensively used SAS DI Studio for designing, developing, automating, and testing source to target mappings.
- Created various transformation procedures by using SAS 9.2, SAS Cube Studio, SAS Data Integration Studio, and SAS Enterprise guide.
- Created SAS metadata objects in a SAS metadata repository and Implemented into Data Integration Studio job for related requirements.
- Developed necessary SAS cubes for data integration, data calculation, and for OLAP.
- Integrated all SAS BI components, SAS graphs, and programs onto one web application software for end users by using SAS DI, SAS information map studio, SAS Web report studio, and SAS Information Delivery Portal.
- Communicated results of analyses orally and in writing.
- Participated in determining the criteria for Business Marketing Campaigns and developed SAS codes to meet those criteria.
- Developed SAS programs to create a customer mailing list for Direct Mailing and Telemarketing used in the new line of credit cards.
- Worked with large customer response and sales data sets and presented results to the users. Simultaneously tested the integrity of the mails and addresses in the database.
- Designed standardized and ad-hoc processes for new product development, on-line marketing, direct mail, reward-based marketing, etc.
- Have experience creating information maps which would be utilized by web report studio to generate static reports.
- Designed and developed code with SAS/EG to support ad-hoc requests.
- Automated the standard reporting with SAS BI and Microsoft Add-in.
- Developed queries on the existing Oracle and SQL server databases to provide ad-hoc reports using SAS/SQL for marketing department use. Coordinated analyses involving customer information, campaign response data, and demographics.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ODS, Excel, Access, UNIX, Windows, WinSCP, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-In to MS Office, SAS Information Map Studio, SAS Stored Process, SAS DI Studio and SAS Web Report Studio.
Confidential offer a variety of healthcare coverage to all segments of the population including large companies, small groups, and individuals. As a SAS developer, I worked with the market research team involved in determining the premium where I was responsible for gathering, sorting, and organizing various dataconsisting of membership, operational satisfaction, and external marketing as well as report preparation and generation.
- Involved in gathering requirements from various teams and building design specifications.
- Transformed the dataUsing SAS ETL Studio (DIS).
- Extracted the data using SAS PROC SQL procedure to staging area and files.
- Used Base SAS and Macros for cleansing the data.
- Generated sample data for jobs execution and testing.
- Involved in creation of Stored Processes for queuing and routing of customers.
- Extensively used Proc Print, Proc Report, and Proc Tabulate for reporting and communicated analysis results to the marketing team. Used other SAS functions such as Proc SQL (queries), Proc Append, Merge, Macros, and Import and Export.
- Used SQL Pass through Facility to create and update Teradata and Oracle tables.
- Configured SAS SQL queries to meet business requirements and provide data verification and problem resolution for various issues relating to Data Transfer.
- Responsible for converting the business rules to SAS datasets and to load the data in to the data warehouse.
- Used SAS Enterprise DI Studio to load the data to different systems.
- Performed validation/quality control check of SAS programs.
Environment: SAS Base, SAS Macros, SAS SQL, Enterprise Guide, Stored Processes.
Confidential, BIRMINGHAM, AL
Confidential specializes in dealing with the research of the drugs related to gastrointestinal diseases and related disorders. The company markets their drugs in North America and Europe. Currently company markets more than 40 drugs, which are primarily for gastrointestinal disorders. Clinical Projects were focused on gastrointestinal drug studies in clinical trials phases I, II and III to concentrate on cardiac safety issues in patients with GI disorders.
- Applied SAS programs and processed clinical data for phase I, II and III clinical trials. Extensively used SAS programming skills in merging SAS data sets, macro facility, preparing data, PROCs, producing reports, SAS formats and functions, storing and managing data in SAS Files.
- Developed programs to generate tables and created listings, integrated safety reporting and electronic submissions to regulatory authorities.
- Worked with data management team for ensuring the data integrity and performed data cleaning, data validation and produced TLG’s as per the requirement of clinical and Data Management Department (DMD).
- Involved in the creation of CRT datasets transport files and associated documentation as a part of FDA submissions. Participated in documentation and data programsarchiving. Developed study databases with the aid of TFL metadata to populate Titles & Footnotes in SAS programs for clinical trials.
- Comprehensively worked with SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, and supported SAS STAT team in WINDOWS and UNIX environment.
- Assisted with the preparation of Statistical Analysis Plans. Prepared, documented, and tested required programs and procedure data displays in an efficient manner for inclusion in integrated clinical statistical reports and other similar reports.
- Wrote SQL Queries to check data for different conditions like duplicate values and missing values.
- Extensively used SAS Macros in the creation of new programs as well as modification of existing programs to improve the ease and consistency of results.
- Produced quality customized and ad hoc reports by using PROC TABULATE, REPORT and SUMMARY and also provided descriptive statistics using PROC Means, Frequency, and Univariate.
- Used Data Null technique for producing highly formatted and highly customized reports.
- Conducted, documented and reported computer validation inspection in compliance with FDA Regulations (21 CFR), other regulatory compliance, data transmission and integrity check of the existing and in-house clinical trial systems.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, MS-Excel, SAS/ODS, UNIX, Windows XP
Confidential is a non-profit Catholic Health Care Ministry that includes 27 hospitals, more than 35 non-acute facilities and numerous other health, housing and education al services.
- Experience in creating CRT’S (case report tabulations) by using proc report, proc tabulate and ODS.
- Expertise in pooling and merging large data sets using proc SQL and data step merge.
- Designed and delivered on-going and back-end reporting for analysis.
- Supported ad hoc data queries from different team.
- Responsible for running of programs on the weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Used procedures like Proc Means, Proc Freq, and Proc datasets to run metrics on different datasets.
- Extracted, transformed, and loaded data using SAS.
- Involved in analysis, development, testing, implementation, and provided technical support to business needs using SAS in UNIX environment
- Ensured the validity and accuracy of the analyzed data.
- Extensively used PROC PRINT, PROC REPORT, and PROC TABULATE for reporting.
- Used SAS/ODS to produce RTF and HTML reports.
- Raised queries on the existing Oracle and SQL Server databases to provide ad-hoc reports using SAS/SQL.
- Involved in the development of different datasets according to the user specifications for various applications.
Environment: SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, MS-Excel, SAS/ODS, Oracle, UNIX, Windows XP