- Over 6 years of experience in analysis, design and development of applications using SAS in Pharmaceutical, Health Care industry.
- Strong SAS programming background including Base SAS, Macros, Graphs and Reports.
- Excellent working experience using SAS to perform Data Pre-processing and Dataset Preparation for particular statistical analysis, including Data Cleansing, Data Integration, Data Transformation, and Data Reduction.
- Proficient in Data Manipulations using SAS Procedure include SAS data step Formats/Informats, Merge, Subsetting, Proc Append, Proc Datasets and Proc Transpose.
- Proficient in understanding of Study Protocols, RAP (Report analysis plan), and CRF’s.
- Excellent experience in producing REPORT employing various SAS steps, procedures and advanced techniques in DATA, PROC Templates.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and project methodologies.
- Excellent experience in unit, Integration testing and validating the SAS Programs.
- Strong communication skills, excellent team player, enthusiastic to work in a fast paced and team oriented environment.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows NT, 2000 and Windows XP
Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML and SAS
Base SAS: Data Step, Formats, Informats, Macros, Data Null Reports, Arrays, SAS Functions, Descriptive Statistics, SAS Procedures, and SAS ODS.
SAS Products: Base SAS, SAS/Macros, SAS/Access, SAS/Graph, SAS/Connect, SAS/SQL and SAS/STAT.
Databases: Oracle10g, 11i, Microsoft SQL-Server2008 R2 and IBM DB/2
Confidential Hartford CT
Role: SAS Programmer
- Creating Table, Listing and Graphs (TLG’s) based on the requirements provided by Statistician.
- Quality review including writing independent programs to verify results.
- Developed routine SAS macros to create tables, graphs and listings for inclusion in Clinical study reports and regulatory submissions and maintained existing ones.
- Developed reports using PROC REPORT, TABULATE and DATA NULL for analysis.
- Produced statistical summary tables, graphs and patient data listings using base SAS procedures like PROC SUMMARY, PROC TABULATE and SAS GRAPH.
- Participated in meetings with Business Users and got their requirements and documented the appropriate changes needed.
- Extracted data from the database using SAS/Access, PROC SQL procedures and create SAS data sets.
- Extensively used PROC MEANS, PROC FREQ, PROC SORT, PROC REG, PROC ANOVA, PROC CONTENTS, PROC REPORT, PROC PRINT, PROC SUMMARY, PROC SQL, and PROC GCHART procedures.
- Performed unit, Integration testing on the SAS models and performed in-depth data analysis.
- Provided Listing and Tables as per RAP required for statistical sections.
- Working with Statisticians, Data managers and Medical writers.
Environment: Base SAS, SAS /ACCESS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/STATS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS Procedures, SAS Macros, SAS Reports, Oracle 8.1.7, SQL Server 2000(SQL, PL/SQL), and Windows XP.Confidential Hartford CT
Role: SAS Programmer
- Generation of data tables, patient data listings and reports using SAS Procedures such as PROC REPORT, PROC PRINT, PROC GPLOT, and PROC TABULATE.
- Involved in testing, implementation phases of the Project, Managed assigned project timelines and prioritization of tasks.
- Responsible for providing SAS programming and analysis support for Phase II through Phase III clinical study.
- Generating tables, listings and graphs, including Demographic and Characteristics, Adverse Events, Concomitant Medications, Laboratory etc.
- Created SAS data sets by extracting data from Oracle tables using SAS/CONNECT and SAS/ACCESS.
- Developed SAS programs to cleanse and validate the data.
- Wrote code using Base SAS & SAS/Macros to extract data from Oracle Clinical tables.
- Worked with bio-statisticians to gather and analyze the analysis requirements.
- Reviewed data from clinical trials and developed a strategy for how to present results to FDA.
- Generated summary reports for ISS and ISE analyses of clinical study for FDA regulatory submissions and publications.
- Implemented statistical analyses and produced tables, listings and figures.
- Created SAS views from Oracle database tables using SAS/Access and writing SAS programs using Base SAS and SAS/Macros to create SAS reports.
- Worked with statisticians in generating SAS analysis datasets, production of data listings, summary tables, and statistical analyses.
- Performed QA activities by preparing the test scripts and the test plans and performed unit testing and integration testing.
- Extensively used Proc Report to create reports.
- Worked closely with CRO’s for statistical analysis, related to clinical studies
Environment: SAS/ BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS, Ms-Excel, Lotus Notes and UNIX.Confidential India
Role: SAS Programmer
- Responsible for data collection, management and manipulation of clinical trials database for Phase 3 clinical trials.
- Performed statistical analysis, wrote SAS code for data management and reporting, and performed validation, including testing SAS code for Phase 3 clinical trials.
- Downloaded data from Oracle using SQL within SAS to be analyzed and exported to Excel for further analysis.
- Compared consistency of SAS variables, formats, and format codes across multiple studies.
- Created standardized datasets from the existing datasets.
- Created validation programs to validate the standardized datasets.
- Produced quality customized reports using several procedures.
Environment: BASE SAS, SAS Macros, SAS/Access, Oracle, Windows, MS-Access