- An accomplished Senior Business Analyst leading mission critical IT team projects for the Confidential .
- Prior to the Confidential, played a key role on Confidential ’s research, administrative and web site applications.
- Extensive experience in executing, documenting and communicating end to end project/lifecycle processes from concept to deployment.
- Highly valued by both client and contractor for a unique mix of technical, managerial and communication skills. An absolute and committed passion for institute missions. Key skills:
- Exceptionally accomplished liaison between federal clients, business units, developers and support teams.
- Ability to translate client goals into a whole - project view, not just as a project piece. By fully understanding objectives and communicating them concisely to both the client and technical teams, have greatly reduced duplication of effort and project re-work.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies.
- Understanding of TFS components and overall use across application lifecycle.
- Adept at complex requirements analysis, breakdown, composition and execution of test cases
- Able to lead teams via efficient delegation and supervision of tasks and goals
- Specialist in requirements documentation, translation into proper system requirements and specifications
- Ability to exceed standards mandated by the federal client beyond specified technical tasks: e.g., as a site user, what was my experience like and how could it be improved? By integrating usability into complex planning and execution, sites are improved exponentially with each new iteration
- Rapidly understands cutting edge technologies and advanced systems, allowing for fast adaptation to client demands, and fast turnaround when presented with emergency tasks and challenges.
Senior Business Analyst - SharePoint
- Key liaison with business stakeholders, SharePoint developers and SME’s.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions; breaking down client needs into business applications.
- Develops detailed requirements, producing clear and concise end to end analysis artifacts.
- Test lead and consultant for SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration.
- Composes and updates SharePoint governance policies
- Adept at rapid understanding of business structure and operations of Confidential offices and branches: documenting and analyzing projects and needs for new applications, as well as troubleshooting systems already in use.
- Proficient at multitasking and arriving at strategic, innovative solutions in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
Senior Business Analyst
- Expert in requirements gathering, analysis, recommendations and reporting. Documents produced include (but are not limited to): Initial Investigation Reports, Feasibility Studies, System Requirements Analysis/Specifications, Business Requirements, Requirements Tractability Matrix, User Stories, Use Cases, Project Plans, Work Breakdown Structures, Workflow Diagrams (Software used: Visio, SharePoint, TFS), Post Implementation Review.
- Consult with stakeholders, developers, testers and DBA teams to assure understanding of goals, define proposed solutions and document requirements. Conducted analytical studies of division branch offices and laboratories in order to recommend implementation of systems that best fit client needs
- Defined best practices, and recommended strategies to conform with federally mandated project and process standards.
- Participated in transitioning teams from Waterfall to Agile methodologies
- Presentation of technical concepts to IT staff, administrative, scientific and medical communities in terms understandable to all parties, successfully translating business process requirements into software applications.
- Release Manager for SharePoint Team (Internet and Intranet Projects) - Presenting software releases for approval to the Change Access Board.
- Key SharePoint site lead for Alternate Processing Facility/Continuation of Operations project - An institute-wide backup plan for emergency situations
- Liaison to Confidential and Confidential team leaders on high exposure projects
- Consultant to Confidential supervisors and senior level Confidential staff, reporting on progress of large IT system migrations and new implementations
Project Manager/Senior QA Analyst
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Responsible for analysis, case building, testing, delegation of testing and reporting for internal custom software and outfacing Confidential - Confidential websites across multiple browsers and platforms.
- Designed Confidential ’s 1st internal SharePoint site allowing for open interaction between Confidential and seven other firewall-protected institutes ( Confidential )
- Responsible for analysis, case building supervision, delegation of tasks and reporting on custom systems for Confidential sites and applications across multiple browsers and platforms
- QA team lead: SharePoint Migrations: SP 2003 to 2007 and 2007 to 2010
- Performed functional, regression, integration, system, smoke, user acceptance and stress testing.
- Documented proposed solutions via bug tracking reports using MTM and TFS Bug Tracking tools
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM) to measure the testing progress
- Extensive experience in developing and executing test strategy, test plans, test scenarios, test data and test cases.
- Developed end to end test methodology for QA and SharePoint teams for translating complex requirements into testable cases
- Via open dialogue with the federal client, improved each iteration of Confidential ’s Internet/Intranet via turning lessons learned into executable efficiencies. Introduced plain-language style requirements/case writing, improving communication team-wide.
- Lead the highly successful analysis phase of the Confidential project, where software is being deployed to track all congressional correspondence at Confidential
- Lauded for accomplishments in leading QA team through key SharePoint Migrations:
- Chosen by supervisors to be the lead Confidential representative on the Initiative Development Project (ID). Primary role is designing new IT systems for a novel approach to medical initiative development, including the supporting architecture for tracking research funding. This is a high visibility project where the Analyst works directly with the Director of the Office of Management & Operations (OMO) and staff. The implementation of technologies for the ID Project has been highly praised.
- Created the methodology currently used by Confidential for the investigation and feasibility of all potential projects
- Appointed to multiple teams requiring technical and business process expertise, including the Confidential Consolidation Committee, the Electronic Document and Records Management System evaluation group and the Software Engineering Process Group.
- Asked by supervisors to teach classes in Microsoft Project and Confidential 2007, due to on-the-job demonstration of expertise.
- Completed implementation of International SharePoint sites for the US-India Bilateral grants program for the Division of Confidential before project deadlines
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Responsible for supervision of multiple critical development and engineering projects.
- Served as team leader for large scale e-commerce and Confidential roll-outs.
- Carried out execution of Confidential analysis and response tasks.
- Developed scope proposal creation and presentation, identified and implemented necessary follow-up procedures and devised a reporting system to track and reconcile all company projects on a weekly basis.
- Created multiple tools and templates for project budget and resource tracking.
- Insured adherence to critical task time frames and deliverables.
- Formulated and tracked changes in project scope and produced project completion reports.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Senior level manager for 38 technical positions.
- Provided contract administration to the Confidential County Government for multiple production contracts.
- Responsible for recruiting and evaluation of staff members, preparation of annual departmental budgets, evaluation, recommendation and approval of major equipment purchases and management of computer information systems.