AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- User Experience
- User interface design and testing
- Database design and administration
- Agile methodology
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Microsoft Office, versions 3.0 - 2013
- SQL Server 7.0
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 - 2016
- HTML including CSS
- Built an intranet and a document management site in SharePoint 2016 which allowed Confidential to improve their compliance with ISO standards. These sites included the following features:
- Custom calendars, color-coded by team
- A calendar which displayed test results color-coded by team and result.
- Custom forms for viewing and updating data
- Wrote applications in Excel which created site maps and let people search SharePoint components.
- Wrote applications in C#.NET which did the following things:
- Synchronized data between SharePoint sites.
- Sent e-mail notifications when deadlines based on a SharePoint list were approaching or overdue. This meant Confidential didn't have to maintain a separate task list
- Monitored a network folder for new files and pulled XML data from them into a form which was easier to read.
SharePoint Site Developer
- Built and maintained multiple intranet sites using Microsoft SharePoint 2007 to 2013. These sites included the following features:
- Site columns and content types
- Color-coded calendars used to track schedules
- Custom dashboards used track response times
- Help pages which included information on how to do common SharePoint sites.
- Site maps which let Confidential 's employees find the information they needed efficiently.
- Maintained and updated a SharePoint 2013 libary which uses site columns, site content types, and an InfoPath form. Wrote technical documentation for this library, including descriptions of all views
- Built a library in SharePoint 2013 which uses version control and SharePoint's approval process to ensure that current documents can be accessed easily and reviewed periodically.
- Provided general technical advice and support for intranet sites which used SharePoint 2007 - 2013.
- Built an application which took data stored in an Oracle 11g database and displayed it in an Excel 2010 spreadsheet which lets people update the Oracle data.
- Automated generation of a Word report from an Excel spreadsheet reducing the time needed to generate this report from several hours to less than a minute.
- Automated an Excel 2010 workbook which had over 1,000 formulas per worksheet so that it would run more efficiently. This dramatically reduced the amount of time required to generate reports.
SharePoint Site Developer and Systems Analyst
- Built databases and SharePoint sites to support NETL’s Office of Research and Development (ORD).
- Built, set up, and maintained an intranet for ORD using SharePoint 2007 to which more than 250 people have access and wrote training materials for it. This intranet includes the following features:
- Lists of personnel, equipment and software viewable by division and area of research
- Custom-built color-coded calendars used to track meetings and tours of the facility
- Web pages used to schedule recurring meetings, store relevant documents to them and provide a centralized agenda
- Built a SharePoint 2007 library which used a work flow to track documents as they went through an approval process involving private and governmental organizations.
- Built a database which will allowed ORD to keep better track of inventions and other intellectual property. This database included the following features:
- The ability to generate reports using SQL queries based on over 60 criteria in ten tables
- A record of changes made to records stored in it generated by SQL procedures
- Data validation routines which delivered clear and specific error messages.
- Context-sensitive, HTML-based help.
- Built a database using Access 2007 which tracked budget information for ORD for three fiscal years. This database was revised to meet changing needs and included the following features:
- The ability to generate custom reports based on SQL queries generated by criteria set by users.
- The ability to view budget information by multiple criteria, including budget stream and division, and export the results to an Excel spreadsheet using SQL procedures
- The ability to create Word documents automatically based on information in the database and externally stored Word documents
- An automated process for approving proposals and keeping track of where they are in the approval process
- Built a database which used SQL procedures to check for anomalies in access rights across systems and alert the Risk Control department if any exist, thus enhancing the Confidential Confidential ’s internal security. This database included reports based on data received in multiple formats which listed what systems people had access rights to in order to verify that they had appropriate access.
- Built a database which used SQL procedures to compare the access rights of people who had transferred into a department to the access rights of other people in that department and generated reports listing their access rights and the differences between them if any.
- Built an application for Confidential using VBA which read several hundred orders and prepared packing lists and print-on-demand specifications for health insurance kits. This application was responsible for successfully sending out over 20,000 health insurance kits during the first six months of use.
- Set up on-line stores which allow customers to place orders for products stored at Confidential ’s facility which included customized web pages for some customers.
Confidential, New Kensington, PA
- Rebuilt main database to include customized security, variable scale commission rates, and customizable reports. This database allowed users to access sales data quickly and easily for all customers, automatically import data from external sources, and generate commission reports, sales analysis reports, and other reports using SQL procedures.
- Recovered an Act database which Act ’s technical support said appeared beyond recovery after a user’s failed attempt at backing it up. Set up and documented new Electronic Data Interchange forms.
- Set up a new document control system which lets people locate the latest versions of documents quickly and easily. October 1998 - August 2002
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Built an intranet website which used ASP and HTML for Abreon’s developers
- Created easy-to-maintain, stand-alone applications in Visual Basic, VBA, and SQL. Among these applications were:
- An Access-based contact management application which used SQL procedures to enable Abreon’s sales staff to update contact information and information on potential business opportunities off-line, updating data as needed.
- An Access database which tracks the usage history of all computers maintained by Abreon at American Video Glass’s plant in New Stanton, PA. This system used SQL queries to generate custom reports used for billing. It operated for several years without requiring maintenance.
- An Oracle-based database for Westinghouse’s Specialty Metals Plant in Blairsville, PA which used a Visual Basic front end to record data. This database was designed to run 24 hours a day, seven days a week, storing data locally in the event of a network outage.