- Accomplished business analyst with more than 14 years of experience in software development life cycle. Highly analytical and process - oriented with excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills Expertise in business modeling, data modeling, business process analysis and business process re-engineering Extensive experience with agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented and effectively communicates complex business processes to the development team.
- Good client management and problem-solving skills, self-starter, quick learner, evolves and adopts according to project necessities. Tendency to go to the core of the issues
- 14 years of professional experience as a business analyst in various industries
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Able to work independently and with teams to meet business deliverables with a results-oriented approach
- Excellent presentation and communication skills compiled with a proficiency in problem abstraction, business modeling, business process flow and understanding business requirements.
- Extensive experience in Business Process Engineering with expertise in Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Experienced in scrum master responsibilities like facilitating / organizing daily scrum sessions, sprint planning meeting and sprint review meeting and preparing/analyzing burn down charts.
- Conduct impact assessments to understand business and application implications of requirements change requests
- Experienced in Mobile Applications and Mobile Websites.
- Strong experience with requirements gathering via Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and user interviews, gap analysis, cost-benefit analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, as well as workflow diagrams and documentation
- Proficient in creating SharePoint architectural models / designs
- Involved in the documentation of test cases and design of test plans and test scripts
Packages: MS-Visio, MS- Project, Rational Suite, Google Apps, SharePoint, Requisite Pro.
Tools: MS Office, Live Link Compass, Documentum, File Net, Web Sphere, Mingle, Jira, iRise, Balsamiq, Axure RP Pro, Quick Test Pro, HP Quality Center.
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Scrum & RUP.
BSA / SharePoint SME
- Elicited data migration requirements from SMEs and documented specifications on content management portals which can guide on-shore and off-shore teams / data migrators during actual migration.
- Performed data analysis of the source data samples to identify outliers.
- Contributed in data migration strategy discussions and planning.
- Coordinated with SMEs to derive workarounds for migration related bottlenecks.
- Collaborated with quality, compliance and validation teams to assure documents and testing complies with organization standards.
- Resolved cognos reports design related issues.
- Conducted UAT with business to verify cognos reports meets business expectations.
- Generated automated task reminders and documented testers feedbacks using SharePoint for CDR performance evaluation.
BSA / PM / SharePoint SME
- Performed various PM activities to drive and deliver project on time and within budget.
- Assigned tasks to business / IT stakeholders and performed follow up activities for task completion.
- Resolved any development related issues, bottlenecks or roadblocks.
- Developed SharePoint apps to improve project management and content management practices.
- Worked on multiple projects for clinical data archival, data migration and statistical analysis.
- Created various SharePoint portals to manage requirements, meeting minutes, discussions, etc.
- Coordinated with various SMEs to gather, refine & document requirements.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to understand and finalize interdependent system requirements.
- Developed process models & workflows regarding clinical study migration for informatica resources.
- Coordinated with appropriate stakeholders for UAT and validation efforts.
PM / SharePoint SME
- Performed various Scrum Master activities.
- Installed and configured Quest/Dell migrator for content migration.
- Created migration strategy, database prioritization and analysis checklist for Lotus Notes databases.
- Conducted detailed analysis to Identify and group similar databases for migration automation.
- Developed landing site templates, list and/or library templates to be used for migration.
- Resolved any technical and/or business issue pre and post migration.
- Coordinated with appropriate stakeholders for UAT.
BTA / SharePoint SME
- Performed product owner responsibilities like value based prioritization, user stories estimations, task estimations, task assignments, etc.
- Coordinated with various teams to implement a new labeling system (nutrients, allergens, nutrition specs, etc.) for in store and mobile systems.
- Analyzed, managed and created enhancement related content regarding eCP functionalities.
- Provided architectural support to develop internal and external facing sites to manage market or store configuration related content, which is relevant and accessible to the users in the areas of the world.
- Simplified complex market onboarding process and converted tedious content into user friendly format/sites.
- Significantly improved efficiency to onboard/configure markets to eCP, from sending teams to various countries for onboarding/configuration to market stakeholders completing a questionnaire.
- Developed applications to convert manual processes into automated solutions.
- Improved inner-department content sharing to keep focus on change management.
- Presented & suggested technical guidance, cost benefit analysis metrics to senior management with prioritization of enhancements within different systems to improve system compatibility.
- Mentored junior team members in requirement analysis, direction, documentation, expected outputs, etc.
- Worked with developers and payment providers for payment processing configuration and necessary development.
Business Systems Analyst
- Elicited, gathered and documented business, functional and technical requirements.
- Worked with implementation team to configure Concur according to user requirements.
- Configured and administered Concur according to user or company needs.
- Managed and resolved issues related to Concur and FM systems.
- Created business case for ImageNow upgrade.
- Developed and maintained content, websites and workflows on SharePoint.
- Generated user manuals and related documents for UltiPro and ImageNow.
- Created custom reports in Concur using Cognos 10.
- Analyzed data communicated between the various systems.
- Conducted impact analysis on various systems due to change in source system.
- Administered mobile devices and user profiles using VMware Air Watch.
Business Process Analyst
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions to map current process and possible improvements.
- Documented as is and to be processes to conduct gap analysis.
- Fostered consensus on aligning processes and technology to achieve strategic objectives.
- Analyzed current backend systems to identify deficiencies.
- Presented data to support process improvements.
- Evaluated various service provider payment methods.
- Defined process performance measures.
Environment: Pega, MS-Office, MS Visio, Windows, SharePoint, HP Team Site.
Business Systems Analyst (SharePoint)
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions with various stakeholders.
- Managed multiple ad hoc projects in various levels of the software development life cycle.
- Mapped IT and business processes to identify improvements.
- Used MS InfoPath to submit data into SharePoint lists and libraries.
- Experienced in architecting enterprise solutions using SharePoint.
- Developed / maintained internal and external facing websites on SharePoint.
- Created business requirements document (BRD), functional requirement specifications (FRS), use cases, wireframes and process models to convey project expectations and challenges.
- Coordinated with offshore resources to develop the application and websites on SharePoint.
- Facilitated and performed UAT testing to verify the developed product meets business requirements.
- Conducted mobile application testing and implementation.
- Validated iPad Applications and customer facing websites.
Ecommerce Business Analyst/ PM
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions with the stakeholders to gather business & functional requirements and documented them for review by both business and technical team members.
- Created use cases and wireframes to elaborate user experience, while keeping business objective in mind.
- Acquired valuable project management experience working with software development teams, tracked schedules, timelines and budgets, and monitored daily tasks using MS Project.
- Performed gap analysis to understand the shortcomings of the existing system and evaluated the benefits of the new system and generated workflows.
- Effectively planed and managed projects and resources using MS project.
- Developed monthly status reports for management review.
- Worked with web trends, google analytics, etc. for reporting purpose.
- Analyzed search engine optimization to improve internal and external search.
- Elicited and documented requirements for the mobile applications.
- Performed feasibility analysis for the mobile website.
- Created user manual and training material for employees.
Environment: MS-Office, SharePoint, MS- Project, TIBCO Business Studio, Google Analytics, Java, .net, Web Services (Web API).
Livelink Business Analyst
- Facilitated content migration strategy sessions with the NSN team in Germany for the transfer of 15 TB of data. Analyze and determine the data slices
- Performed data analysis to avoid migration issues.
- Worked on compass DM migration rules analyzing attribute labels and internal names
- Used MS InfoPath to create application related forms
- Evaluated language encodings in google analytics
- Identified, analyzed and categorized the types and sub types to the collaborative objects (Wiki. Blogs, Forums, Discussions) to allow for transition of data to Share Net.
- Generated use cases to identify requirement of the collaborative objects in compass.
- Created team sites on SharePoint
- Analyzed LTE (Long Term Evaluation) objects and data for wireless networks
Environment: MS-Office, MS Visio, Agile, Live link Compass, Share Net, Windows, SharePoint, MS InfoPath, MS Office, NSN, Google Analytics, LTE
Business Process Analyst
- Created IT strategy and governance frameworks with capabilities as a deliverable.
- Documented processes using web sphere to conduct gap analysis.
- Conducted multiple sessions to map current process and suggested possible improvements.
- Coordinated with onsite and offshore stakeholders for process analysis.
- Defined process performance measures.
- Worked towards process implementation.
- Documented RFI for the BPM tool.
Environment: MS-Office, MS Visio, Windows, BPMN, CMMI. ITIL, Web Sphere.