- A dynamic and seasoned SharePoint Consultant with over 7 years in the IT industry offering a unique combination of project management skills, executive skills, and practical development know how.
- Hands on experience of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Requirement gathering and analysis, design, implementation, transition to support.
- Migrations from SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, Web Pages/HTML to SharePoint Online and Office 365. Used Sharegate, Metalogix and SharePoint Migration Tool.
- Architected several intranets in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online, encompassing Information Architecture, Governance, Permission Management, Global navigation using term store and hub navigation.
- Experience in working with SharePoint Technologies such as SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, Office 365, SharePoint Designer 2013/2010, SharePoint SCOM/SSOM, InfoPath 2013/2010, Workflows, and PowerShell.
- Managing Office 365 environment, including Site collections, External site collections, Permissions, workflows, InfoPath Forms, add - ins, creating document libraries/lists and metadata.
- Experience integrating SharePoint Online with other Office 365 applications such as Teams, Planner, Microsoft Forms, Video and Stream.
- Experience creating productivity apps in PowerApps and automations using Flow and SharePoint Designer Workflows.
- Created SharePoint focused customizations including List templates, Custom Site templates, Site Definitions, Sequential and State Machine Workflows, Worksite, Web Services, Sandboxed Solutions, .wsp (Windows SharePoint Solutions), Web Parts, features, Add-ins/Apps, and Document Management solutions using SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio 2012/2010 for Intranet, Extranet.
- Competence in planning and managing large project teams, driving process improvements and aligning business goals with technology solutions utilizing various software engineering methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum.
- An excellent interpersonal communicator with an ability to leverage business and technical acumen to communicate effectively with client executives and their respective teams with written and oral skills that thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented, and high-pressure environments.
SharePoint: SharePoint 2013/2010, Office 365, Intranets, Out-of-the-box webparts and customizations, Teams and O365 Groups, Content Types, Enterprise Search in SharePoint, Collaborative Hubs and Sites, InfoPath Forms, SPD Workflows, PowerApps, Flow, Microsoft Forms, Office Video and Stream, Governance and Best Practices, Planner for task management, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007), Managed Metadata, Search, User Profiles, Business Connectivity Services, Excel, My Sites, Publishing, Branding, Content Types, Document libraries, Permissions, InfoPath, SharePoint Designer 2013/2010, PowerShell, Add-ins
IDE: Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008, SharePoint Online and Windows Management Shell, MonoDevelop (C# development in Ubuntu)
Database: SQL Server 2012/2008/2005, SQL Server Reporting Services
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2003
Version Control: Team Foundation Server, Subversion, Git
Office Tools: Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project
Confidential - Fresno, CA
- Architected enterprise-wide document management for organization forms, policies and management directives with custom search in SharePoint.
- Architected both classic and modern workplaces in SharePoint Online with Teams, office 365 Groups and Planner.
- Performed migrations from SharePoint 2010, 2013 and web pages to SharePoint Online.
- Designed several extranet sites for sharing with outside vendors and third-party contractors and users.
- Designed and implemented several SharePoint 2013 collaborative portals focusing on collaboration, co-authoring, versioning, retention and record declaration.
- Administered three production farms and installed cumulative updates and maintained Office Web App (OWA) servers.
- Designed and implemented custom InfoPath forms including cascaded dropdowns, auto-populating forms, tabbed forms, external data connections, and lookup fields.
- Designed and implemented advanced functionality using SharePoint cross-site publishing, content search webparts and InfoPath Forms to collect information from end users.
- Converting from InfoPath to PowerApps and leveraging Microsoft Flow for automation.
- Designed a PowerApp with nested galleries, Office 365 user connections, Forms to create a leave request app and integrated all approved events to a SharePoint Calendar.
- Designed a call-in-sick PowerApp for staff to call in sick for the day and stored all events in a SharePoint List
- Designed and implemented a training registration site using SharePoint out-of-the-box webparts, site pages and Custom InfoPath Forms.
- Designed an Enterprise-wide Search Center for policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Managed permissions in SharePoint and handles tier 3 service tickets for an organization of over 8000+ employees.
- Designed an internal e-commerce site for IT equipment products using cross-site publishing, custom search webparts and a custom shopping cart in SharePoint.
- Created External Content Types in SharePoint using Business Data Connectivity Service to connect to SQL.
- Gathered business requirements and converted them to business solutions using SharePoint, InfoPath, SPD workflows and Client-side object model.
- Designed surveys and quizzes using Microsoft Forms for business and training modules.
- Adapting to management’s changing priorities to meet business requirements and goals.
- Served as a subject matter expert and evangelist to roll-out SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 as part of the overall adoption strategy.
- Trained staff to different functional degrees in SharePoint - End User, Power User, Admin.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
- Contributed to the migration plan from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, including pre-migration activities such as clean up content, clean up unused sites and identify custom solutions.
- Performed migration for several sites using Metalogix and Nintex by defining jobs and run on schedule basis.
- Synced User Profile Service with Active Directory using the User Profile Synchronization Service.
- Became the main Subject Matter Expert point of contact between the technical team and the business users for communication about the migration process.
- Upgraded custom solutions during migration through Visual Studio using C#
- Converted an existing Server-Side Web Part C#, Visual Studio into a SharePoint Hosted Add-in for use in an Office 365 SharePoint Online tenancy.
- Performed Administrative duties including setting up SharePoint Search 2013, Creating External Content Types, Site Collection creation, and Managing SQL and SharePoint Permissions.
- Worked closely with end users to fix problems with custom solutions in the sites migrated to the new environment.
- Utilized SharePoint Online Management Shell to perform administrative tasks for Office 365 including User Management as well as Site Creation.
- Ensured all permissions were set correctly after the migration and assign the correct ones otherwise.
- Deployed customizations and features to the SharePoint Servers using PowerShell Scripting.
- Extended a Web Application for Extranet purposes using Forms Based Authentication and LDAP with SQL Server.
- Created a SharePoint Designer Multi-Stage workflow that was published to Office 365.
- Retrieved list data to display in custom dashboards using AngularJS, JQuery, Rest, and AJAX
- Enabled Responsive Design for SharePoint 2013 through BootStrap/CSS/JQuery for master pages and page layouts.
- Created and updated custom workflows in SharePoint Designer 2013 for Sales and Project Management Office
- Assisted on creating training material for end users about the correct use and best practices of the new SharePoint environment.
- Became primary resource on provisioning new sites for collaboration for different teams in the organization.
- Set up the Search Service Application for SharePoint Online and created the Search Center Site for users to query data.
- Ensured SharePoint sites and other platforms integrated with SharePoint worked correctly during the migration process.
- Worked closely with QA teams to in corporate new tests and lessons were learnt as the project continued.
- Installed Network Load Balancing on Web Front End servers in SharePoint 2013 farm.
- Created custom Timer Job in Visual Studio for sending weekly emails concerning status updates and analytics of sites
- Applied custom UI/UX in the new environment and collaborated with business users to ensure acceptance.
Confidential - Folsom, CA
SharePoint Administrator / Developer
- Created a series of documentation for a migration from 2010 to 2013 including milestones and an approximate timeline.
- Built a proof of concept 2013 SharePoint farm with the customizations and style of the farm with the previous version (2010), including an app-based solution for the web parts that were in use.
- Completed a Search-First Migration, configuring a SharePoint 2013 Farm to crawl content from existing farm in mixed mode.
- Configured and applied Content Query and Search Web Parts for refining and improving end user’s search results in Enterprise Search Center
- Performed Fit/Gap Analysis, documenting findings and reporting on the gaps noted and the process to set the proper foundation to complete a migration to SharePoint 2013.
- Configured SQL Reporting Services in SharePoint 2013 On-Premise.
- Connected to external content through Business Connectivity Services to display external data in custom lists
- Analyzed existing SharePoint 2010 performance to track efficiency and response time.
- Charted and presented log of issues and viable solutions with pros and cons.
- Implemented desired improvements in SharePoint 2010 farm to increase performance.
- Gathered requirements for expanding capabilities of current SharePoint environment to ensure scalability.
- Redesigned several customizations to achieve a more dynamic SharePoint 2010 environment - Page Layouts, Media queries and CSS
- Developed governance specifications to adhere to standards to maintain dynamic nature.
- Generated dynamic custom InfoPath Forms in InfoPath Designer based in users’ department and which provided access.
- Created multiple views to display list information in repeating tables - using JQUERY, C#, Web forms
- Conducted thorough testing and redesign following agile methodology utilizing prototyping. - Peer Reviews, Lessons Learned, User stories, Mockups, and Sprints
- Achieved goal of easy configuration for users through use of custom web parts and features.
- Authored FAQ, training material and user guides to ensure firm knowledge of existing systems.
Confidential - Washington DC
- Joined a development team to support ongoing development for a legacy SharePoint 2007 environment with heavy restrictions.
- Worked with team workshops to do sprints on not only creating application sets designed to work together, but to utilize group collaboration sessions to further refine and develop applications to provide new functionality to the users.
- Created custom email messages from information stored in SharePoint and sent them with Outlook through VBA code.
- Developed many Microsoft office macros (VBA) in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to interact with the SharePoint Services.
- Created Custom ribbon in PowerPoint in Visual Studio using C#.
- Designed and created a custom workflow service to meet evolving business need using Services and Microsoft Office.
- Created the CSS files to apply design and the look and feel to the content editor web parts.
- Worked with the team that was brought in to maintain the changes that each of the teams had put together, creating documentation of our work, and participating in knowledge transfer activities.
- Participated in user feedback sessions, gathering requirements and creating system specification documents.
- Helped create the User guide and train some business members.
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
- Designed the database in SQL server following all the normalization standards.
- Created stored procedures and functions to meet complex requirements.
- Created a complex stored procedure to search across multiple tables without affecting the performance.
- Created all the standard pages using .Net.
- Created an authentication module in ASP.Net, but this module excludes the logic in the authentication. module to be executed if the resource is configured for anonymous access since the logic is expensive.
- Created custom master pages for this application.
- Used web services as a secure service to process business transactions.
- Created user-friendly UI with no postbacks.
- Created Unit tests and system test plans in Visual Studio.
- Created Integration & UAT document, User Manual and deployment document.
- Used Web Performance Analyzer and Web Performance Load Testing tools for Load Testing.