- I am a full - stack consultant, engineer, architect, and developer who specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, built on decades of experience with the Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, and .Net.
- I specialize in working with clients to create collaborative solutions to their business problems that provide maximum flexibility with minimal support costs.
- By leveraging each of my areas of expertise I am uniquely qualified to ensure that every project meets the highest standards of excellence in solution design, architecture, usability, and efficacy.
- 20 years of experience in the information technology industry
- Experience in all areas of the development and implementation lifecycle; including business analysis, both information and systems architecture, development and customization, implementation, user training, executive presentations, project management, marketing and product placement, etc.
- Senior technical expertise in most Microsoft technologies, including SharePoint, Active Directory, Azure, PowerShell, SQL Server, Exchange, et al.
- Development experience in a range of technologies, including C#/OOP, XML/XSL, CSS3/HTML5, SQL, Responsive Design, UI/UX, and graphic arts
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Superior troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail that ensures a polished, professional look in all tasks performed
- Unparalleled Work Ethic
Project Technical Lead
- Built a custom “app store” that users can use to find and automatically install various UI and Workflow enhancements to their existing SharePoint solutions.
- Created a form customization tool that leverages the web-based forms available out of the box to provide a browser-based form customization app that works on any mobile device.
- Wrote an Active Directory and Exchange management platform for Unisys to provide an extensible management solution to augment their Exchange hosting services.
- Led the technical design, development, and application architecture for the internal product development efforts of Synteractive.
- Led the implementation of a hosted cross-farm architecture for SharePoint 2010 that included a farm of over 20 servers and 4 distinct SharePoint farms, utilizing a shared service application architecture and a citywide search for all the District agencies in Washington, DC.
- Led the design, implementation, and migration of over a dozen DC Agency portals to SharePoint 2013.
- Designed technical architecture for the knowledge management system used by the Library of Congress to deliver expertise and reports to the US Congress and Senate leveraging the Confidential to integrate an existing Oracle Database into the navigation, search, and categorization of content within the site.
- Integrated Digital Lobby Smart Displays with SharePoint data for easy-to-update “Information Walls” at the Confidential .
- Implemented a Learning Management System for Confidential to share and distribute education material created throughout their Applied Physics Lab through a single SharePoint portal.
- Created a Staff Directory with the User Profile Service for the District of Columbia Public Libraries that is used at every library in the city for visitor lookups.
- Designed an RFID record management platform for Fannie Mae that linked physical files with extended digital versions in SharePoint.
- As a pilot program for the State of Illinois, I created an architecture leveraging BizTalk Server and SharePoint 2007 for integrated workflow processes.
- Designed and implemented Microsoft Metadirectory Services and later Identity Integration Server to support the migration and integration of corporate holdings for ServiceMaster, field offices for the United States Postal Inspection Service, and child agencies for the National Institutes of Health.
- Reduced the server requirements and overhead costs for the city of DC by approximately 250% by converting the distributed farm infrastructure hosting distinct web applications for each agency to Host Named Site Collections.
- Helped the Confidential leverage SharePoint’s information architecture to create a complete mobile-friendly workshop management application.
- Led the implementation and intranet redesign for the Confidential, including new tools for the allocation and review of major federal grants around the country.
- Supported the internal architecture teams at Confidential in designing and implementing various best-practices associated with the distributed nature of the organization’s requirements.
- Conducted the discovery, design, development, and deployment of Pfizer’s global intranet in SharePoint 2007. This included a cooperative publishing environment wherein content authors could work within their respective departments while simultaneously sharing approved content among other regions or departments, as applicable.
- Created complete PMO platforms for a number of clients, including Pfizer, Visa, and a number of city agencies in Washington, DC.
- Led the technical team at Owens & Minor in the development of complex workflows, InfoPath forms, and MOSS Confidential to integrate with external systems via both web services and Oracle to deliver a new supplier management platform.
- Integrated custom Flash components fed by SharePoint picture libraries to provider a “Cover Flow” UI for CODE Worldwide.
- Built an entirely modern UI for the DC Fire and Emergency Services intranet.
- Utilized the Android app “ Confidential ” to create a unique SharePoint-driven UI for Android launchers.
- Created fully integrated account management services
- Created an app store front-end that integrates screenshots, user reviews, and star ratings into Document Set pages.
- Integrated a number of frameworks into the SharePoint UI, including CodeMirror for writing scripts and HTML in list items, various font packs for scalable icons, Hammer JS for touch gesture integration, etc.
Principal Consultant/Chief Software Architect
- I started a new company that combined my Infrastructure and Network Engineering experience with the Line-of-Business Development and Programming work that had been so successful in the previous decade.
- I have been continually refining a platform enhancement suite for Microsoft SharePoint that has enabled consistently faster and more stable deliverables for dozens of corporate and government clients around the world.