- SharePoint developer with 2 years of experience as part of a small team, performing adaptive roles ranging from design and development to troubleshooting and maintenance to client interfacing and solution delivery.
- Primarily responsible for the front - end, the bulk of my experience has been building and customizing SharePoint sites and artifacts including master pages, page layouts, web parts, workflows and lists to match mock-ups and meet functional requirements.
- Further responsibilities have included writing custom code (e.g. workflows, event receivers, web parts and apps), installing, maintaining and troubleshooting SharePoint Server and Office Web Apps Server, and developing and maintaining an automated browser testing suite.
- Creating/managing sites, site collections, lists and libraries
- Managing security/permissions (web app, collection, site, list, item)
- Leveraging security groups to manage site/content access
- Creating/managing service applications including search and managed metad
- Term store / navigation
- Site columns / managed properties (sortable, refinable)
- OOTB web part configuration
- Server maintenance (CUs and hotfixes)
- Custom search templates
- Custom forms
- Client-side rendering
- Custom user interfaces, tools and animations
- Farm / sandboxed solutions and apps
- Custom list definitions, content types, web parts, forms
- Feature receivers / Event receivers
- Server-side controls / User controls
- Custom actions (ribbon buttons, menu options)
- Application pages
- SharePoint Foundation 2010 / 2013
- SharePoint Server 2013
- Office Web Apps Server
- Developed a multi-page SharePoint form for a Colorado medical organization.
- Required custom user interface to mimic previously existing digital form, along with all necessary content types, lists and workflows to manage approvals, data aggregation, and print-friendly versions of forms.
- Built/packaged complete custom branding solutions for a variety of public sites and intranet portals.
- Leveraged bootstrap and/or custom scripts and stylesheets to make SharePoint sites, libraries and tools fully responsive and mobile-friendly with a single code base.
- Leveraged SharePoint search to provide site collection-wide aggregate data views tailored to specific client needs and used client-side rendering to create end-user experiences that met their exact requirements.
- Deployed a comprehensive content approval management solution comprised of custom lists, content-types, custom actions, workflows, event receivers and client-side scripts. The solution enabled users from anywhere in a site collection to send approval requests to the root site with a single click, and made it nearly as easy for a single set of administrators to discover and respond to all requests from a single location. It supported multi-step approval processes and made it easy to change approvers.
- Developed a timer job to synchronize a custom contacts list with users from Active Directory.
- Supported/maintained a console application created by another developer to query a SQL database and perform an intensive set of table joins to migrate a complex set of records into a single SharePoint list.
- Developed a C# / Selenium WebDriver suite for automated browser testing of a large custom application being developed by Confidential .
- General Administration / Maintenance
- Created and debugged new service applications, including managed metadata.
- Worked with the term store to create term-based global navigation.
- Created/edited managed properties to make site columns searchable, sortable, and refinable.
- Responded to all manner of bug and error using Visual Studio debugging tools, ULS logs and PowerShell.
- Performed production-environment maintenance, including the installation of cumulative updates and hotfixes in a multi-server SharePoint farm.
- Installed several instances of SharePoint 2010 and 2013 in a development environment as well as a fully operational, SSL-certified instance of Office Web Apps server.