- Installation/upgrade, configuration, and administration of systems; including Windows Server, Windows (7, 10). Have been part of the Windows Insider Program for nearly a decade, and also a member of the Microsoft Office365 Champions program.
- SharePoint administration, site creation / development, maintenance and customizations; IIS and SQL Server administration, with a particular focus on SharePoint supported services. Administration/management/configuration of SSRS and integration into SharePoint.
- Experience with SSIS, creation/management/troubleshooting of .dtsx packages. Adept at diagnosing/troubleshooting integrations unknown to me previously.
- Experience with CSS customizations and corporate branding; Custom InfoPath form/workflow development using SharePoint Designer/Nintex Workflow, PlumSail Forms
- Programming/coding/scripting (.Net, HTML, C+, LUA, VB, Powershell, Python, among others)
- Self - motivated, independent worker with proven leadership skills, and managerial proficiencies.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills utilized to provide outstanding service; active listening and encouragement of personal/ of self and colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- SOX/DFARS/EXIM experience as a primary systems admin, handling routine auditing, monitoring and remediation activities to ensure compliance. Well versed in working with regulatory guidelines and with both internal/external audit & compliance staff, as well as maintaining necessary confidentiality and protection of data.
Senior SharePoint Solutions Engineer
Confidential, Billerica, MA
- Primary System Admin (IRAMP Framework) for a widely used, SOX audited business finance application (Winshuttle) with SAP data integrations, responsible for monthly control reporting and enforcement on both SharePoint and SQL scopes. Working in coordination with internal global compliance and security teams to minimize risks to business.
- Managed system overall state, in order to ensure continued DFARS/EXIM compliance, including involvement in operational meetings regarding system remediation and risk reduction. Performed vulnerability scanning, created custom reports via Tenable, monitored Splunk reports, as well as utilized various network monitoring tools and utilities.
- Responsible for 2007/2010/2013/2016 IIS/SharePoint/SQL environments (also the Confidential US & Global environments), including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security, as well as as site creation, team, backup/restore & issue resolution.
- Support installation, configuration, security, operation and maintenance of all web servers, equipment and software related to IIS/SharePoint/Project Server infrastructure. Primarily utilized PPMC for issue tracking and required audit compliance.
- Involved in planning and execution of tasks related to evaluation of new IIS/SharePoint/SQL initiatives (Upgraded Versions,3rd-Party Solutions, and Integration with Enterprise Systems) both independently and in multi-departmental collaborative efforts.
- Work with IT Project Managers and Business Leads to design/develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities; propose/implement changes that would make IIS/SharePoint/SQL more effective solutions.
- Examine requirements documents and create architectural/technical design documents, assist with unit and system testing. Authored implementation plans for small to complex projects.
- Maintain/administer IIS Server, SharePoint Portal Server and SQL, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis and optimization.
- Provide technical guidance in the technologies related to development and support of Enterprise IIS/SharePoint/SQL .
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Responsible for Confidential 's SharePoint farm architecture, SQL Server Administration and all enterprise data applications, as well as managing any other servers that require a SQL or MySQL DB component, including Accounting/ERP applications with SAP integrations such as BST/Deltek, and engineering process applications such as Newforma.
- Responsible for all SQL administration duties, such as defining and maintaining DB schema, optimizing DB performance, SQL permissions, SQL Query, SQL Reporting Services, stored procedures; backup and general maintenance.
- Design database integrations, leveraging existing data sets to develop business tools that deliver critical business information in a meaningful and timely way.
- Design/development, maintenance, upgrade and optimization of both new and existing SSIS packages for business critical data integrations, including external vendor accounts.
- Lead in design and development of new intranet for Confidential . Supported legacy 2007 environment until phased out and migrated to SharePoint 2013. Came into role and completed largely unfinished migration.
- Handled all SharePoint duties such as upgrades, patches, configuration and deployment of SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal servers. Environment at time role ended was utilizing Sharepoint 2013 On-Premise in a hybrid configuration with Office 365 for user profiles/OneDrive.
- Handled application deployments, migrations and administration, user permissions; design/development of custom web parts; reports and dashboards for SharePoint 2013 using SSRS.
- Creation of custom forms and workflows, primarily using Plumsail forms.
SharePoint Administrator/Enterprise Systems Specialist
Confidential, Watertown, MA
- Providing support for business critical applications such as FIM, Workday, Concur, PeopleSoft and NetSuite, as well as developing/maintaining/supporting critical data integrations and feeds.
- Creation/maintenance of SSIS packages and integrations, both internal and external
- Scripting of data integration automation pieces, including, but not limited to batch files and powershell scripts
- Administration of critical databases within Bright Horizons' infrastructure.
- System administrator for legal contract management software, as well as related data integrations and reporting structure.
- Develop/maintain reports using SSRS, including creating ad-hoc reports for users
- Extensively involved in SOX audit process. Initiated a SharePoint based tracking platform for audit requests, increasing compliance across the organization.
- Started initiative to move IT Operations Runbook into SharePoint wiki format, allowing for timely updates of system critical information. Also developed workflow functionality to ensure that information is reviewed and updated on an annual basis. This runbook is now encompassing many of the audit compliance pieces as well, and also functions as a knowledge base for restart/recovery procedures and error resolutions. Set up routine extractions of runbook data to printable document format for offline in case of SharePoint outage.
- Administration of Bright Horizon’s SharePoint based intranet, supporting over 23,000 users worldwide
- Primary contact for all SharePoint project and troubleshooting requests
- Manage SharePoint site projects for all corporate departments and field divisions
- Coordinate with Business Technology Analysts to develop/change content within the SharePoint environment
- Develop custom workflows using SharePoint native/Nintex workflow tools.
- Manage, configure, maintain and review SharePoint user permissions and sites
- Create, move, and copy content such as sites, libraries, lists, templates and workflows
- Train site owners on how to administer permissions and manage libraries and lists
- Implement security groups in conjunction with the Active Directory and FIM administrators
- Document instructional material for various SharePoint circumstances and procedures
- Manage and check the overall server health and functionality
- Analyze and report upon SharePoint usage and activity
- Collaborate on OS, SharePoint patches and cumulative updates
- Analyze SharePoint content and storage
- Monitor SharePoint trends (e.g. site usage and growth, disk space usage and growth)
IT Service Delivery Team Lead/SharePoint Administrator
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Led in the design, deployment, development and maintenance of SharePoint 2010 environment for use within the US region, as well as migration / cleanup of existing SharePoint 2007 environment. Established a role as Site Collection Administrator for both environments. Worked with various levels of staff throughout the US in migration of existing content, and served as primary contact for ongoing support with site development, dashboards, customizations and functionality within the business.
- Built out SharePoint 2010 Enterprise server with SQL back end, set up and configured all components necessary for function within the US environment. Managed configuration of IIS server, URL redirects, application pools. Also functioned as Farm Administrator for US region, supporting over 1000 users across more than 35 offices nationally.
- Sole point of contact for SharePoint requests and support. Handled creation of new sites, user documentation and . Frequently held learning sessions with staff regarding common tasks, as well as more advanced user when requested.
- Designed project plan for migration of SharePoint 2010 environment to new 2013 installation.
- Developed SharePoint components including web parts, pages, dashboards, user controls; services and workflows using SharePoint Designer (2007 and 2010). Frequently involved in code-level customizations to pages and lists and custom content creation with Visual Studio.
- Development of InfoPath and Adobe forms; integration into new and existing SharePoint solutions, creation of workflows for better business continuity. Developed several methods for tracking and accountability within IT; streamlined the joiner / leaver, project proposal and change tracking processes using SharePoint as a platform.
- Technical lead in 2013 corporate rebranding; was responsible for majority of Exchange modifications for end users/email distribution lists for US region. Interfaced with staff to coordinate transition from five distinct service lines into one branded entity.
- Technical lead on restructuring of Active Directory security groups. Oversaw reorganization and application of file permissions structure for majority of offices in our largest service line, which resulted in increased security in the environment, as well as ensuring adherence to contractual requirements of clients.
- Development of IT Architecture documentation for proposed projects and solutions; perform product/technology evaluations and provide recommendations to IT and Business Leadership. Extensive involvement with ITIL procedure development, Exchange Administration, ShoreTel VOIP system management. Also focused on US wide initiatives such as MDT deployments and image standardization.
- Functioned as Service Delivery escalation point, providing guidance to junior technicians for complex cases. Developed instructional process and knowledge repository to encourage skill growth for junior technicians.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Build, install and maintain server systems in a geographically diverse environment of nearly 40 offices across the US.
- Diagnosed system hardware and software problems using advanced root-cause analysis.
- Communicated with vendors to resolve network outages and periods of reduced performance.
- Responsible for Microsoft Updates and patches on servers.
- Responsible for administration and upkeep of EMC Celerra SAN device with multiple logical filesystems, as well as Avamar backup structure and VMWare virtualized environment with several nodes.
- Implemented and maintained wireless access points, series switches (HP and Cisco) and data storage equipment.
- Managed batch scripts and Group Policy for deployment of software, login/startup scripts, and registry settings.
IT Technician (Level II Service Delivery Technician)
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Provide end user technical support for 400+ users via phone, in person and remote support
- Identify, diagnose and resolve Tier II issues including PC, printer, network / software applications and peripherals
- Perform PC maintenance, network backups and recovery, software updates
- Perform low to mid-level tasks on the local area network including user setup, hardware/software setup and maintenance
- Set up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use
- Run routine software and/or hardware diagnostic utility programs including virus updates, service releases and patches
- Attend to and resolve both hardware and software PC related problems
- Provide basic systems administration and support, maintain inventory control
- Assisted IT Operations Group
- Participated in technical support team projects
Jr. Systems Administrator Intern
Confidential, Burlington, MA
- Worked closely with both technical and non-technical staff to resolve user issues and communicate change management processes.
- Provided upgrades for desktops / laptops; memory installs, hard drives, wireless / PCI Cards, creating network cables
- Completed setup, configuration and troubleshooting of technical equipment (desktops, network hardware and peripherals)
- Performed user migration from Windows XP and Vista to Windows 7
- Implemented basic network maintenance functions such as user creation, assignment of rights and permissions.