- I seek the opportunity to coordinate and manage IT services.
- ITIL Foundatio V.3 Certification
- Windows Server, Exchange Server, and Sharepoint
- Applicatio Packaging and Deployment
- Automated Desktop Imaging and Distribution
- Desktop and Applicatio Virtualization
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- LAN/WA administration
- VB Scripting and Powershell
- Network Security
- Web Services
- Novell, Linux, Macintosh OS X, AS/400 support
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
Senior Desktop Systems Engineer
- Lead the Windows 7 deployment team of contract technicians to migrate user data, re-image PCs, and install applications.
- Devise desktop deployment strategies for the Windows 7.
- Package applications for Windows 7 using Flexera AdminStudio.
- Deploy applicatio packages via LANDesk.
- Support the Citrix-hosted EPIC application.
- Implement the User State Migratio Tool USMT to copy user files and settings from Window XP to Windows 7.
- Defined, tested, and documented the automated migratio process from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Hired, onboard, and mentored a team of temporary technical resources i preparatio for the Window 7 deployment through pilot stage.
- Trai new service desk technicians.
- Engineer desktop solutions hospital user community.
- Discover, input, and participate i the maintenance of configuratio items CI consisting of network devices i ITSM.
- Generate scripts to discover user data i the environment for analysis to produce data size and type information.
- Advised project managers o hardware upgrade requirements.
- Work alongside the virtualizatio engineer to test VDI solutions.
- Coordinate with and prepare the service desk and technical support teams for the Windows 7 deployment.
- Work independently withi a larger IT infrastructure team and contractors to engineer and deploy desktop solutions without impacting the work flows of doctors, nurses, and hospital administratio staff.
- Attend Change Control Board meetings to communicate planned changes to the desktop environment.
Consulting Senior Systems Engineer
- Engineer a proof of concept of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services RDS to deploy virtualized desktops and applications.
- Demonstrate the use of Hyper-V and RemoteApp to deploy Internet Explorer 6 and other legacy applications to facilitate a successful Windows 7 deployment.
- Create the desig document for the deployment of a enterprise Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI .
- Automate the deployment of Microsoft System Center Configuratio Manager SCCM 2007 primary and secondary servers o the Server 2008 platform using Powershell.
- Rigorously test documented server build process to ensure clarity and completeness.
- Develop the desig document and define hardware and software specifications for America Airlines' deployment of System Center Service Manager SCSM .
- Support the America Airlines IT manager and system architect with vendor management tasks and storage solutio purchase.
- Engineer the deployment of a data migratio tool to PCs as part of a 35000-unit deployment, including developing a Visual Basic script to customize logging and reporting functions using a .ASP web front end and Microsoft SQL database.
- Utilize HP DCS to host custom configuratio for automated server builds.
- Develop knowledge and skills to become a subject matter expert for any Microsoft back office product licensed by America Airlines to deploy and manage desktops.
Senior Client Services Technician
- Incident management.
- Serving as backup resource to the service desk analyst to generate reports i BMC Remedy.
- Engaging i special infrastructure support projects.
- Script automatio utilities to support junior technicians.
- Tutoring the service desk and junior technicians.
- Engineering desktop solutions
- Independent Consultant
- Consulted with the customer Compucom to identify additional key players to deploy Windows Vista to 3000 users.
- Recommended strategy for desktop deployment and user data migration.
- Set up environment for User Acceptance Testing UAT .
- Deployed the corporate workstatio image to two Johnso and Johnso business units.
- Optimized the standard deployment process to increase desktop imaging output through pre-staging and concurrent builds.
- Trai new technicians o the standard process and lessons learned.
- Assess the customer's desktop deployment strategy and promote Dell Services solutions.
- Utilize BMC Remedy Configuratio Management Database CMDB to follow the customers Change Management procedures for routine system updates.
- Utilize Dell and Microsoft tools to reduce desktop deployment cost and achieve standardization.
- Create and maintai a single global corporate desktop image for the customer i order to increase manageability and drive dow costs.
- Create/modify scripts used to automate the building of the customer's global corporate desktop image.
- Automate user data migratio during hardware migratio using Dell Data Direct or Microsoft USMT.
- Work with the customer's Electronic Software Distributio ESD team to package and test monthly patches for Windows operating systems.
- Centrally package, test, and distribute software applications.
- Act as liaiso betwee technical personnel and executive management to communicate IT challenges.
- Desktop virtualizatio consulting.
- Originator of Enterprise Desktop Power Management offering.
- Assist customers to define goals and challenges i migrating to Windows Vista as they pertai to the customer's networking environment, taking into account planned network changes, organizational framework, and network infrastructure.
- Discover customer's hardware and software inventory and rationalize customer's software applications i preparatio for a Vista migration.
Sr. Network Administrator
- Managed hardware refresh.
- Built Corporate Windows XP image.
- Troubleshoot and resolved desktop and network issues.
- Worked with vendor to install new voicemail system.
- Ordered new and replacement parts.
- Interviewed and hired helpdesk personnel.
- Coordinated network moves.
- Remotely set up and support new sales offices.
- Supported and assisted i Active Directory migratio from Server 2000 to Server 2003.
- Supported and assisted the migratio to Exchange 2003.
- Troubleshoot and resolved desktop and network issues, including hard drive failures, recurring network connectivity failure, UPS failure, corrupted E-mail stores, and Terminal Services issues
- Implemented Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleratio Server 2004 for VP access to fill immediate need for more secure VP access.
- Created VP tunnels o Cisco PIX and Shiva VP appliances.
- Ordering new and replacement parts.
- Managed DNS and NATs
- Successfully designed, tested, and implemented a Windows NT 4.0 to Server 2003 Active Directory multi-site migration.
- Successfully migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for multi-site email system.
- Implemented GFI MailEssentials spam filter with 90 effectiveness.
- Implemented GFI MailSecurity virus scanner for email with two scanning engines.
- Orchestrated the spin-off of a major divisio with complete setup of servers, workstations, firewall, printers, cables, VP connections.
- Implemented VB logi script.
- Implemented RAS, DHCP, Dynamic DNS, SUS, Network Printing, Network Scanning.
- AS/400 terminals and terminal emulators.
- Implemented Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Implemented Polycom video conferencing.
- Wireless networking and security.
- Support for Macintosh OS X.
- Implemented Linux server for FTP and Web Hosting.
- Maintai NATs o Cisco router.
- Built SharePoint Server.
- IT Consultant
- Led a ZENWorks applications integratio team i a Novell and Windows NT environment.
- Reorganized client's NDS tree to allow access to ZENWorks applications from users' offices and remote sites.
- Package and push applications to desktops using Novell Applicatio Launcher NAL
- Troubleshoot and reengineered integrations of desktop applications
- Responsible for the creatio of workstatio and laptop builds
- Created printing environment withi NDS using HP JetDirect, Xerox CentreWare, and Intel NetPort Manager software
- Created NDS user and workstatio policies
- Created and modify logi scripts
- Distributed PCs using Ghost and SID changing software
- Set up NDS/ZENWorks servers for applicatio integratio and testing
- Set up NT server for file sharing and printing
- Acted as part of management team charged with the responsibility of building and maintaining computing environment for 40 applicatio integrators, testers, business analysts, managers, and support personnel
- Advisor to integrators o NDS, NAL, and Windows OS's, and ZENWorks applications integratio .aot/.axt, .dll conflicts, methodology, file rights, NT registry, etc
- Troubleshoot LA problems
- Rolled out 200 NT workstations with pre- and post-rollout support
- Provided support for applications and implemented bug fixes
- Provided second level server support for 20,000 Pfizer users.
- Identified cause of persistent logi script executio failure.
- Troubleshoot Windows NT servers and printers
- Advised LA administrators o migrating network from Netware to Windows NT domain
- Assisted the implementatio of Microsoft Exchange for local and remote mail users
- Assisted the implementatio of point-to-point tunneling protocol PPTP for remote access via Virtual Private Network VPN
- Implemented directory replicatio to replicate logo script across domai controllers
- Resolved TCP/IP printing issues
- Migrated clients from WFW 3.11 to Windows 95
- Built and optimized Intel x86 single and multiprocessor client systems.
- Supported Office 95, MS Mail, Lotus Organizer, RightFax, and DataFlex database
- Managed Novell 3.12 servers
- Managed MSMail post office
- Built and upgraded PC hardware including HP, Compaq, Digital, Dell, and clones.
- Built and upgraded Macintosh hardware.
- Upgraded IBM, Toshiba, TI, NEC, and Macintosh laptops.
- Installed Windows for Workgroups, Windows 95, and Windows NT o PC and PC laptops
- Installed MacOS and Windows 95 o Macintosh PowerPCs.
- Built and upgraded Windows NT o HP and Compaq servers.
- Custom installed ethernet cabling at client site
- Technical support for sales and administrative staff
- Produced training manuals using Macintosh PowerPC, Claris Works, Photoshop, and Xerox high speed color copier
- Provided technical support for Macintosh PowerPC users o a Appletalk network