I would like a position that would allow me to work with fellow employees to empower the company I work for with stable and reliable systems. I would also enjoy any chance I get to apply my dynamic and enthusiastic personality to exceed customer’s expectations.
Systems Administrator with over 16 years of experience working with client and server operating systems, various network management utilities, system integration, migration, and rollout projects. Extensive experiences designing various network architectures, topologies, and systems. specializing in SharePoint Technologies, Active Directory Services and Windows Networks.
Confidential, Ft. Worth, Texas
IT Analyst, SharePoint
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Services 2010 Architect, Design, Train, Administrate, Support & Develop
- Key Member of a small team responsible for administration, maintenance, and development of a 2010 SharePoint Environment and various SharePoint related solutions; Office - Web Apps, MySites, Search, etc.
- 3rd Party tools include; Metalogix Migration Manager, Metalogix Storage Point, Bamboo Web Parts, Idea Enterprise Manager, and others
- SharePoint Development work include; Custom Web Parts using jQuery, Custom web-based forms (SP Designer), Infopath forms, Lite Visual Studio Web Part creation/deployment, workflow creation / deployment.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Windows 2008 Active Directory & Server Administration
- Primary member of a small team to Design/Administer a Windows 2008 Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Support Windows Server and Installed applications.
- Microsoft Administration tools & products include but are not limited to;
- FSRM (Quotas, File Screen, File Reports, etc.), DFS and DFS Replication, Admin Tools( ADUC, ADSI, Sites & Services, DHCP, DNS, etc.), FSMO Role configuration/administration, GPOs, NTFS security, etc.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Services 2007 & 2010 Design, Train, Administrate, Support, Migrate & Develop
- Main Administrator and Designer for all SharePoint related solutions. Various SharePoint related technologies include but are not limited to; SharePoint Search, Workflows (Out-of-Box and Custom), Infopath Forms, Web Based Forms, Excel Services, Performance Point, Master Page updates, etc.
- Microsoft Project Server Administrator 2007 & 2010. Experience.
- Administered and trouble shoot a 2007 Project server.
- Assisted with the implementation of the 2010 Project Server Environment.
- Technical member of the Virtual Platform Management Team. ESX Administrative and Design support for 2.5 - 4.1 of VMWare Infrastructure.
- Configured / Administered various aspects of our VMWare environment; HA, DRS, SRM, PowerCli, etc.
- Provided Server Side administration for the VDI Environment
- Written/Developed numerous programs and scripts to automate routine tasks and provide functionality not previously existing using various program and scripting languages; Powershell, VBscript, WSH, Shell, bash, etc.
- One of the Implementers/Administrators of the SCOM environment at the OCC.
- Assisted in implementation and administration of the SCCM Environment
- Member of team involved with in installing, configuring and administering the 2010 Microsoft Exchange Environment
Confidential, Denton, Texas
- All aspects of administration for User accounts (creation, group, GPOs, profiles, permissions, etc...)
- WINS and DNS server administration.
- DHCP scope creation, administration, and maintenance.
- Windows 2000 and 2003 advanced server clustering and NLB implementation for load-balancing and high availability purposes.
- Windows 4.0, 2000 and 2003 server installation, trouble-shooting, and repair.
- Deployment, administration, and support for various types of network printers using Microsoft TCP/IP Printing.
- Provide Network support across a LAN/WAN environment working with TCP/IP, IPSEC, PPP, PPTP, VPN and more.
- Provide support for older, non-supported, legacy applications.
- Assisted in implementing a Windows SAN environment as well as a newer backup library.
- Helped design and configure backup procedures and snapshots.
- Install, configure and administer a Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Server for our environment.
Tools: /Software Used; All Microsoft provided AD tools, 2000/2003 resource kit, Backup Exec, Netbackup, Legato, and others.
ConfidentialSenior Systems Engineer
- Provide administration, design, and support for VLANs, port assignments, and many other aspects of maintaining a Cisco network.
- Implemented a PEAP wireless network using Microsoft Windows RADIUS server for authentication.
- Implemented and maintain CiscoWorks & NGenius Realtime Monitor Servers on site to assist in support of the network.
- Administered many in place CatOS and IOS upgrades for Cisco switches and Cisco wireless access points.
Tools: Ciscowroks, NGenius Realtime Monitor, Vital Suite, Wireless LAN Solution Engine, Fluke Interpret Air, NetVCR, and What’s Up.
- Managed project to implement a new Active Directory and network infrastructure for a facility of several buildings with over 100 employees.
- Managed a project to redesign a server room. This redesign enabled all servers and other devices to become network fault tolerant and provide console access remotely.
- Managed a project to implement a new network core infrastructure for 2 sites with over 1000 employees.
- Managed a project to upgrade a wireless infrastructure to newer Cisco WLAN technology.
- Installed and configured Microsoft SQL 2000 and 2005 into a Test, and Production Environment.
- Installed and configured IIS 5.0 and 6.0 into a Test, and Production Environment.
- Work with development staff to implement application on a web front end and database backend environment.
- Promote and demote in house applications through the Test, Cert and Production Environment.
Tools: /Software Used; DBArtisan
- Main designer, implementer and administrator for multiple VMWare ESX servers in a production environment.
- Installed and configured ESX servers version 2.5.X to 3.0.
- Connected ESX server to a SAN.
- Installed and configured Golden Master images for quick deployment of virtual servers.
- Installed and configured VMWare Virtual Center for ESX servers to in corporate vmotion and other metric tools with the ESX servers.
- Wrote a bash script to backup running servers and do so completely without any downtime of the servers.
- Upgraded our ESX 2.5.x environment to a ESX 3.0 infrastructure.
- Assisted the desktop team as needed with the following tasks.
- Provide all aspects of end-user, OS, and software support.
- Wrote and designed post-installation scripts for workstation deployment.
- Assist in workstation image design and creation.
- Main designer and administrator for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- Installed and configured Windows Sharepoint Services at our site.
- Created and supported over 100 different SharePoint sites for our departments.
- Migrated existing teamservices sites to a WSS server.
- Wrote SharePoint site backup script to backup SharePoint sites on a nightly basis without and downtime to the server.
- Created custom sites as well as well as custom templates for use with WSS.
- Support Mitel hardware used in our VOIP environment; 3300 controllers, Analog Service Units, Network Service Units, 7000s, 5215 IP Phone, & 5220 IP Phones.
- Configure the network switches to work with our Mitel Phone equipment in a production environment.
- Trouble-shoot errors and warning messages.
- Utilized Operations manager and Enterprise Manager to maintain and configure the Mitel Infrastructure.
- I have created countless number of scripts to automate, assist and perform many tasks that would be otherwise tedious, time-consuming, or unattainable. Scripts that perform varying functions such as;
- Automate user account creation
- Query Active Directory and retrieve computer account information such as unused computer accounts and email administrators of this list.
- Query remote computers and retrieve various information or make changes to the machines.
- Retrieve file size & date information and place that information into a SQL database for easier analysis.
- Query a specific remote computer and return a user friendly interface for performing a suite of remote administration tools.
- Wrote a number of MOM scripts for use with our 2005 MOM server.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
Senior Systems Engineer
- All Aspects of Windows 2000 Support environment as described with Confidential .
- Exchange 5.5 Server administration.
- Administration and support of Systems Management Server (SMS) 2.0 for entire company, including package deployment, package creation, and remote control
- Provide Novell Netware Administrative tasks for legacy access to programs and files stored on a Netware server.
- Completed a Windows 2000 Project to migrate a Windows NT 4.0 domain structure and Novell NDS trees to Windows 2000 Active Directory. While working within a team structure, we mapped out the current existing structure and created a project plan to convert the entire company to a more reliable, accessible, and cost effective Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain Structure. New standards were also implemented with this project.
- Migration of several Novell NDS systems to a Windows 2000 SAN.
- Systems Management Server (SMS) 2.0 installation and administration.
- Internet Information Server (IIS) installation and administration.
- Migration of DHCP and WINS to Windows 2000.
- Conversion to integrated DDNS from old DNS zones.
- Develop and Administer the Windows 2000 domain tree using GPOs group rights, and other administrative tools.
- Creation of various VB, Shell and Kixtart script for monitoring, logging, logon, and other day to day purposes.
- Creation and verification of thorough server build and maintenance documentation.
- Installation and configuration of CA Unicenter and Dell Open Manager on all servers nationwide.
- VPN troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provide 3-rd level support for workstation problems
- By creating reliable and solid workstation images and developing methods of deployment & installation of these images I was able to improved desktop repair time drastically. Loss of employee’s productive time is greatly reduced as well as future issues as a result from poorly built workstations.
- Created Workstation Images for various Operating Systems (Windows 98, NT 4.0, & 2000 Professional) and hardware platforms. (Dell Optiplex, Latitude, Dimension, etc.)
- Developed a TCP/IP bootable diskette that would allow IS personnel to install workstation images from the local user workstation via the LAN.
- Developed and maintained a bootable menu system for ease of selecting images for loading onto any given hardware
- Developed a “Post-Installation-Program” that would assist in computer setup after the image was loaded onto the workstation. This program would rename the computer, create a new workstation SID, customize the workstation to the department deployed, and perform other tasks.
- Consolidation of multiple Citrix MetaFrame farms to Citrix MetaFrame XPe.
- Publish various applications such as; standard office programs, Lotus Notes, IBM Client Access, and business-line applications with connectivity to Oracle, SQL & AS/400.
- Provided everyday administration and trouble-shooting for the Citrix MetaFrame XPe Farm.
- Implementation of Citrix NFuse web site for application accessibility from any web browser while reducing system downtime and support costs.
- Upgraded all Citrix MetaFrame XPe servers to Feature Release 1 and 2.