Summary of qualifications
I am a highly experienced architect, technical team lead, business analyst, developer and manager, specializing in quality service oriented business solutions using the Microsoft server platform, .NET, SQL Server, BizTalk and SharePoint technologies. I have over 15 years' experience in web technology based solution architecture, design, development and implementation, over 6 years of e-business solutions architecture experience: business to business and business to consumer, and over 20 years' experience overall as an IT professional and manager, working in a wide variety of vertical industries. In addition, I have extensive experience in program and project management, enterprise architecture, IT governance, vendor management, and software licensing. I also have specific experience in virtualization, middleware, n-tier infrastructure, n-tier services oriented architecture, development methodologies, technology selection and business case justification, data modeling and database design, business intelligence delivery and BPM monitoring and systems integration.
Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2, Windows Azure, IIS, MSMQ, BizTalk Server, SharePoint Server 2007/2010/2013, BPOS-D, Office365, System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2, SharePoint Designer 2007/2010/2013, SQL Server 2008/2012, Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, VMware, Hyper-V , Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013, z/OS, Sybase, DB2, CICS, IMS/DB, MQ Series, XML, C , ASP.NET, PowerShell, z/OS COBOL, z/OS Assembler, UML, Microsoft Solutions Framework MSF , Microsoft Operations Framework MOF
Senior Principal Consultant/Solutions Architect
- I provide thought leadership on best practices for solutions architecture and infrastructure design, understand the Microsoft SharePoint solution and platform stack, and I have a sound understanding of enterprise application integration involving Business Processes, Business Information Delivery, Collaboration, CRM, Enterprise Content Management, and Portals. I lead enterprise and solutions architecture design efforts and reviews for SharePoint and other .NET projects that focus on planning, designing, developing, deploying, and targeting new or significant modifications of existing enterprise SharePoint implementations.
- During the course of an engagement, I may provide individual or project support for complex projects or applications, adhere to project timelines and technical deliverables within different client environments and I analyze, design, develop and provide quality technical solutions that exceed client expectations. This requires that I am able to perform in the project lead, solutions architect, infrastructure/administration, and application development roles, or multiple roles as required.
- My current activities involve engagement with a large aerospace manufacturing company working on a major deployment of SharePoint focusing on:
- Intranet development and deployment, along with implementing rights management based content access that conforms to U.S. regulatory requirements and export licensing restrictions.
- Extensive focus on Document based content management using SharePoint's rules based routing mechanisms, and the automation of site collection build out, based on the type of site requested or required, eliminating days of development time to date.
Consulting SharePoint Architect
- Engaged with a leading established consumer laundry products company with revenues of 2 billion US per year and 3,000 employees. This client's SharePoint environment had been neglected for several years, and IT management was unsure of its stability and maintainability.
- Initially, surveyed the entire SharePoint deployment across all tiers Windows Server, SharePoint 2007 Enterprise, and SQL Server , and provided management with a detailed report as to the state of the environment, with recommended projects to address the shortcomings and to increase the stability to acceptable levels.
- Worked with business users solving some of their most pressing issues concerning their intranet which included security and content delivery.
- Recommended and implemented changes to various SharePoint site collections to improve navigation and findability of content.
- Worked with IT Management in architecting a new SharePoint Hybrid environment consisting of both on premises SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 SharePoint Online that will eventually replace the existing SharePoint 2007 production farm.
- Design work included two way trusted search results, Application Services deployment, and redesign of O/U's within Active Directory, stand up of SharePoint governance activities, information architecture and metadata definition, and deployment of development, test and staging SharePoint farms.
- Worked with IT management on Office 365 deployment project planning and project management.
- Initiated work on a solution architecture based deployment of branding, and other SharePoint object types such as term sets, site columns, content types and list and site templates to promote standardization and sameness across the hybrid architecture.
- Instructed how to envision and scope SharePoint projects in order to create work streams that prioritize and select individual projects best suited to SharePoint.
- Advised IT Management and business users on best practices for enterprise architecture design and development.
Architect/Solutions Development Manager
- While working in the role as an Architect/Solutions Development Manager, created the direction, scope solutions architecture, and solutions delivery approach for one or more projects, and was responsible for sustaining an environment that optimized individual and team contributions in order to create value for clients. Hands on collaboration architect with regards to infrastructure, administration, governance and development of collaborative and content management solutions for various clients. Contributed to business development efforts by providing senior level expertise as well as business and technology envisioning and planning advisory to clients.
- Worked with client business leadership in integrating collaborative practices into business operations to improve quality, productivity and service to clients, Technical thought leader in deploying, utilizing and extending SharePoint and related technologies to meet or exceed client business goals. Internal subject matter expert with regards to SharePoint infrastructure and solutions architecture. Hands on developer and administrator for SharePoint Enterprise Server, SharePoint Dedicated, Office365, SQL Server, .NET and Windows Server.
Senior IT Consultant
- Working in the role of SharePoint and Solutions Architect, delivered the following projects:
- For a large media firm:
- Developed and documented an approach to upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010. Analyzed both current and future SharePoint plans, current infrastructure and applications, and current usage for business purposes. Identified improvements for information architecture, and where new release functionality on the Microsoft Platform could be leveraged. Redesigned SharePoint farm infrastructure to provide redundancy and improved performance. Developed proof of concept projects to demonstrate recommended improvements and new functionality.
- For a major authority of the City of New York, architected and built an internet facing SharePoint site using custom master page, page layouts, CSS styles, branding, content management workflows, XSLT List Views and Content Query Web Parts, within the requirements of the client to use out of the box functionality only. Provided PowerShell scripted installation procedures in order to promote a consistent repeatable approach to SharePoint farm provisioning. Utilized Site Columns and Content Types to add properties to the web pages, Lists and Document Libraries to capture the required metadata. Implemented work flows for content creation, approval and publishing.
Senior Architect, Collaborative Solutions
- I was responsible for collaboration solutions architecture and technologies at Hartford Investment Management Company 138 billion under management .
- Developed overall program and project plan to deploy SharePoint 2007 at HIMCO, and a capacity model for an integrated deployment of SharePoint Server and SQL Server Reporting Services including specifications for server hardware, SAN, NAS and supporting SQL Server 2005 clusters. Using rented facilities at the Microsoft Technology Center Boston, implemented a working installation of the future production environment using HP hardware, VMware, EMC CLARiiON SAN and NetApps NAS, complete with systems monitoring.
- Developed, ran, and monitored various computing and user loads to validate the design using Visual Studio.
- Worked with Hartford IT and IBM outsourced services to implement the proven design in development, QA, and production environments within the Hartford Data Centers. Planned, architected, configured and implemented a complete installation of SharePoint development, QA and production farms including SQL Server administration, installation and tuning.
- Developed site structure, security plan, content management work flows, and information policy for site content.
- Worked with user areas in developing site and governance policies and procedures. Developed site application solutions architecture for the delivery of business intelligence using Excel Services, .NET, and SQL Server Reporting Services based Web Part hosted reports.
- Using SharePoint facilities, provided mechanisms to provision within SharePoint both relational data and OLAP Cube content using Excel templates, Data Connections and Report Builder 2.0.
- Developed automatic implementation of SharePoint content type properties update using C and the SharePoint API triggered by adding documents to libraries that brought increased precision and consistency to search results and eliminated unreliable manual updates, using event handlers and CAML queries in support of the governance process and farm taxonomy.
Senior Technology Architect
- Senior Technology Architect working on Active Directory to SharePoint User Profile custom integration and forms authorization site authentication for a 250 domain 85,000 employee media conglomerate.
- Designed and implemented custom User Profile maintenance functionality integrating identity change management processes and work flows to apply input from 250 separate, non-trusted active directory domains into a single domain for SharePoint authentication and user administration.
- Developed a forms authorization capability for authenticating users via e-mail address and password using .NET.
- Designed mechanisms that controlled timing of directory imports, and developed the necessary change management asynchronous work flows to apply and identify changes in role for users responsible for critical financial processes globally across the Group utilizing BizTalk Server and .NET. Assumed DBA responsibilities for all SharePoint farms.
- Created, negotiated and managed project plans for acceptance testing and deployment.
Independent IT Consultant/Solution Architect
- Working within a division of a large advertising and marketing services group:
- Orchestrated the migration of their database environment from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 including all data base administration work, as well as identifying migration issues and making the appropriate modifications to applications and the production environment. Handled migration of SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services cubes to SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 with corresponding database conversions.
- Analyzed and re-architected a mission critical EDI application that orchestrated the process of transmitting creative assets and ad format properties to publishers along with receiving returned acceptance notifications. Added a tracking capability that correlates the transmittal transactions with the received notifications. This system utilized C , VB, Microsoft Enterprise Library, SQL Server, and ftp transmission with PGP encryption.
- Analyzed and re-architected their system that maintains the data relationships for the publications where the client currently has advertising placed utilizing .NET. Added capability to track all status related to the placement of advertising, the creative assets used, and the associated demographics related to the publications geographic and population coverage.
- Worked with senior management in developing the solutions architecture and infrastructure plans necessary to support the launch of a new business unit targeting the medium business advertising market offering multiple media providers and types video, TV slots, etc. with consistent branding and the ability to provide customers with attractive pricing.