- Experienced professional SharePoint Architect and Administrator with effective business systems analyst skills who possesses the ability to think strategically and align the capabilities of SharePoint with business needs based upon a comprehensive understanding of the Microsoft Enterprise stack.
- Highly - motivated self-starter who truly enjoys working with SharePoint, Project Server, and SQL to deliver environments that achieve the goals of executive management. Able to leverage key stakeholders and end-users to drive adoption and deliver environments that are productive, manageable, and engaging.
- SharePoint Server 2007/ 2010/ 2013/ 2016
- Migration 2007<2010<2013
- Windows Server 2008 - 2012 R2
- SQL 2008 R2 / SQL 2012 SP1 / 2014 /2016
- PowerShell & STSADM
- Active Dir. Infrastructure Planning
- SQL Analysis & Reporting Services
- SQL Performance Tuning IIS 6/7/8
- SQL Always-On High Availability
- SQL Database Migration
- Hardware WFE Load balancing
- Project Server Migrations 07 > 10 > 13
- Excel / Access Services
- Hyper-V / VM Ware Virtualization
- Project Server Reporting
- Power- Map / View / Pivot
- Windows Server Clustering
- Windows Azure Workflow Server
- BI Semantic Model
- SSL Security Cert. Server
- Custom SharePoint Web Parts
- Visual Studio Web Parts
- Hotfixes & Patch Management
- Visio Diagramming & Workflow Design
- InfoPath Web Forms
- Nintex Workflows
Confidential, Austin, Texas
Project Server Architect & Administrator
- Responsible for architecting a SharePoint and Project Server 2013 demonstration environment which includes a highly-available SQL 2012 implementation.
- Design Active Directory security infrastructure according to Microsoft’s best practices guidance and enterprise SharePoint experience to harden SharePoint’s security and provide a PowerShell friendly scripting environment.
- Install and configure Microsoft’s Adventure Works Business Intelligence demonstration database.
- Configure SharePoint 2013 to consume and present the Adventure Works Business Intelligence environment.
- Configure PowerPivot and PowerView within SharePoint to consume the Adventure Works data.
- Design PowerPoint slide decks of the SharePoint and Project Server environments for presentations to potential clients.
- Participate in client presentations.
SharePoint + Project Server Architect & Administrator
- Served as the SME and consulted Confidential as their SharePoint and Project Server Architect and Administrator to upgrade SharePoint and Project Server 2007 to SharePoint / Project Server 2013 and expand the WSS Services.
- Responsibilities included day-to-day operations to maintain the current SharePoint 2007 environment.
- Developed STSADM PowerShell scripts to assess client’s current environment and test for migration failures.
- Utilized business analysis and capacity planning methodologies along with Microsoft’s best practices and recommendations to design a highly-available SharePoint / Project Server 2013 environment utilizing SSL throughout.
- Substantially broadened the scope of the project which can now provide service for 2,500 - 5,000 users.
- Utilized scripting tools to generate installation and configuration scripts of entire SharePoint 2013 / Project Server 2013, WorkFlow Server 2013, and Office Web Apps 2013 for Dev, Test and Prod environments across 9 VM’s each.
- Worked closely with operations to validate performance requirements and recommend adjustments for a blade center that hosted the VM’s for SharePoint 2013, Office Web Apps 2013, WorkFlow Server 2013, and Project Server 2013.
- Architected SQL 2012 infrastructure for high availability to provide SharePoint and Project with DR and redundancy, implementing SQL’s Always-On Availability Group technology, allowing for automatic failover in under 3 minutes.
- Architected the disaster recovery model and test plans to include the following POF’s: network router, web front end, application server, SQL node, as well as an entire site disconnection.
- Met with business units to gather requirements for their new SP 2013 sites, including applications, look and feel.
- Redesigned the security infrastructure to implement Active Directory Security Groups instead of SharePoint.
- Designed and developed a number of InfoPath and Access forms that management could utilize SQL reporting.
- Developed and maintained the DR Handbook including recovery scripts, developed the initial Governance documents.
- Successfully transitioned complete project to client ahead of 2 year schedule and under budget.
Confidential, Austin, Texas
SharePoint / Project Server Architect & Administrator
- Designed, installed and configured enterprise-class SharePoint 2010 / 2013 environments per TxDOT client requirements.
- Installed and configured the following server applications: Windows Server 2008 R2, SharePoint 2013 Enterprise, SQL 2012, MS Project Server 2013, Windows Azure Workflow Server incl. Service Bus, and Office / Project Web Apps.
- Configured SharePoint services including SQL Analysis and Reporting Services to enable business intelligence / Performance Point, Excel Services incl. Power Pivot and Power View, Access Services 2013 and 2010, Enterprise Search, User Profile Services for the new social experience, BCS, Visio Graphics, and Word Automation.
- Integrated several non-Microsoft products into SharePoint including Confidential ’s custom workflow manager and ECM E-Managers software, Oracle’s Primavera P6 EPPM, and ESRI ArcGIS including ESRI Maps for SharePoint.
- Configured the following with PowerShell: services, sites, provision user accounts, and custom scripts.
- Architected and develop enterprise-class technology solutions for large State of Texas Agencies.
- Designed SharePoint environments to allow transmittal of secure document packages across multiple domains (CMIS).
- Created navigation structures that are logical, dynamic, intuitive, simple to use and visually captivating.
- Created custom SharePoint 2013 sites for client-specific branding to allow for seamless design structure between apps.
- Worked with State Agencies to dissect and build complex workflows with Visual Studio and create InfoPath web forms.
- Configured SharePoint Search and develop search queries for custom web parts.
- Created custom web parts that inter-connect with other web parts and present live data from the SQL server.
- Created Performance Point dashboards for the executive target audience.
- Established SharePoint security for OU’s in secure environment for internal and external users.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Responsible for planning, implementing and administering company’s SharePoint 2010 production environment.
- Daily activities included: adding/editing users, adding sub-sites/webparts, monitoring content/document management, performing back-ups/restores, managing/editing permissions between sites/sub-sites, creating/editing user alerts.
- Planned site collection architecture for scalability and user-friendly navigation.
- Customized the default master pages to guide the branding style of the environment using SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Created, documented, and trained users on standards to optimize the way data/information is stored.
- Configured, maintained and trained users on best practices for use of document libraries, lists, and site collections.
- Installed and configured Search Server 2010 including search scopes and crawl rules.
- Configured OOTB and custom web parts to interact with SharePoint 2010 lists and libraries.
- Utilized Active Directory administration for creating SharePoint users and groups.
- Configured web parts, document versioning, user alerts, calendars, and Excel Services.
- Created how-to training videos on best-practices for defining and saving meta-data in Office 2010 documents.
- Planned, installed and tested SharePoint 2013 test-environment for migration deployment strategy.
- Administered company’s Windows Server and a hosted Microsoft Exchange environment.
Confidential, Austin, Texas
- Provided IT sales and account consulting services to SMB customers in the 250-5000 employee market.
- Worked with customers on a variety of IT initiatives including software licensing contracts, Microsoft Enterprise and Select agreements, core data center solutions, server virtualization, SAN solutions, networking, network security, Sarbanes Oxley IT Audit compliance, desktop / laptop refreshes, and commodity hardware procurement.
- Worked with customers to integrate project management methodologies and layout milestones for new IT initiatives such as server virtualization, software as a service (SAAS), data-center projects, and hardware refresh transitions.
- Provided a central point of communication for systems engineers, IT Directors, 3rd party vendors, and sales support in a team environment to ensure success of projects.
- Utilized SharePoint as an effective internal tool to facilitate numerous workflows to reduce the time required to complete a process.
- Presented customer’s annual software licensing and hardware procurement reports via the SharePoint Extranet Portal, utilizing Excel Services to present SQL data in a graphical format.
Confidential, Laredo, Texas
- Coordinated all construction materials shipping from the border according to technically complex construction schedule.
- Played a key role in the adoption of SharePoint technologies to drive reporting and collaboration between locations.
- Trained users on effectively using SharePoint for document management, reporting and site updates.
- Consistently maintained accurate documents within a SharePoint catalog of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Developed a critical shipping report utilizing a SharePoint site with SSRS that was viewed daily by client and management.
- Managed costs related to shipment and importation of materials and saved project in excess of $1 million dollars
- .Designed all aspects of a 100+ page user friendly website using FrontPage, DreamWeaver, PhotoShop, and Flash.
- Integrated W3C best practices for site design, created workflows to capture user info and assign to other agents.
- Created directory structure of website to be more search engine friendly which increased web traffic.
- Performed webmaster duties that included making site changes, content changes, data uploads, and traffic analysis.
- Guided clients through the real estate buying/selling process regarding contracts, financing, and tax credit programs